Hey, thought I'd better post an intro, joined up a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed reading the forum. A lot of good people and a lot of inspiration here 
A little about me - Edward, 39. I've been dabbling around doing internet stuff since the late 90's, web design/dev, SEO, media buying, affiliate marketing all self taught. Like a lot of affiliates, I got into it in a bigger way in around 07/08 when rebills etc took off. (I see Eskil/Imagesandwords and a few others from Wickedfire here whose handles I recognize).
Made some pretty decent money from most forms of paid traffic, and then went on to have a comfortable income from affiliate sites I ranked organically for the next few years. I've promoted most things imaginable, good bad or otherwise over the years, but all were other peoples products. (I know, I know).
Have also set up and run my own reasonably successful physical product ecomm stores previously (in the UK), and have a lot of experience in most areas of selling stuff online - but I certainly wouldn't claim to be any kind of uber-guru, I've made more than my fair share of mistakes! Hopefully I can pitch in with some help here and there anyway.
With hindsight I'd do some stuff differently but hey ho. (Look at what the Force Factor guys have achieved now from the starting point of promoting the same affiliate stuff as we all were back in '08 - that's a pretty inspiring story).
Anyway, long story short I moved to Canada from the UK almost 4 years ago (Toronto), got married, 'settled down' (read: mortgage) and we now have a 2 y/o son
Through necessity (long story) I got a j.o.b. working pretty much as a 1 man in-house online ad/media-buying agency in a big multi-national which is a pretty good gig, I get to do what I enjoy without too much interference.
That said, I can feel my life force draining and truth be told I'd much rather be doing my own thing than be on the corporate hamster wheel. Life is pretty good but I have a gnawing feeling of under-achievement. Kinda got burned out with the whole internet (affiliate) thing a while back so I've taken some time to read some books and stuff (the MFL among them).
Now looking to get back into something (as yet undecided but have a few ideas and money to start 'it'), build a business and make some proper cash again. Being an affiliate has been good to me financially but it's time to move on!
I don't post a huge amount but can ramble on a bit when I do
A little about me - Edward, 39. I've been dabbling around doing internet stuff since the late 90's, web design/dev, SEO, media buying, affiliate marketing all self taught. Like a lot of affiliates, I got into it in a bigger way in around 07/08 when rebills etc took off. (I see Eskil/Imagesandwords and a few others from Wickedfire here whose handles I recognize).
Made some pretty decent money from most forms of paid traffic, and then went on to have a comfortable income from affiliate sites I ranked organically for the next few years. I've promoted most things imaginable, good bad or otherwise over the years, but all were other peoples products. (I know, I know).
Have also set up and run my own reasonably successful physical product ecomm stores previously (in the UK), and have a lot of experience in most areas of selling stuff online - but I certainly wouldn't claim to be any kind of uber-guru, I've made more than my fair share of mistakes! Hopefully I can pitch in with some help here and there anyway.
With hindsight I'd do some stuff differently but hey ho. (Look at what the Force Factor guys have achieved now from the starting point of promoting the same affiliate stuff as we all were back in '08 - that's a pretty inspiring story).
Anyway, long story short I moved to Canada from the UK almost 4 years ago (Toronto), got married, 'settled down' (read: mortgage) and we now have a 2 y/o son
That said, I can feel my life force draining and truth be told I'd much rather be doing my own thing than be on the corporate hamster wheel. Life is pretty good but I have a gnawing feeling of under-achievement. Kinda got burned out with the whole internet (affiliate) thing a while back so I've taken some time to read some books and stuff (the MFL among them).
Now looking to get back into something (as yet undecided but have a few ideas and money to start 'it'), build a business and make some proper cash again. Being an affiliate has been good to me financially but it's time to move on!
I don't post a huge amount but can ramble on a bit when I do
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
