What's new

Hello, Hi, Greetings and the rest! Canadian on a mission :D

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

ALSL

Contributor
Curiosity killed the cat. Thank goodness it had 8 other lives!

That's the way I'm hoping my foray into the entrepreneur's path will go. Well, no, I don't hope that I'll fail the first time, but at least if I do I'll be able to figure out why and have more chances to succeed!

Need
Entry
Control
Scale
Time

As long as I follow these commandments I shouldn't be too far off, right guys? Haha!

I'm going to assume a wall of text isn't going to help me make friends here, so if you guys feel the inclination to find out a little bit more about this new guy, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

A little bit about my current situation: TL;DR: Boss wants me to stay to mentor me. I need to stay an extra year to do so. If I stay though, I will not be able to give my full focus to my business. It is a great opportunity to learn more about store management and also business development (franchising), but it also delays my business plans. Do you believe I will be learning many things that will help my entrepreneurial desire, and do you think it will be worth delaying my business plans by 1 year?

My best friend and I have been going through some business ideas and running them through CENTS. We feel that we've come up with a few solid ones and are going to pick one to run with.

The problem? I have a full time job that requires me to be fully immersed in it to be effective. This is not just a request from my superior but also how I feel. I feel that if I were to half-a$$ my job, or split my attention between it and my business, that it will be unfair to my place of employ.

Here's the thing though: I am being trained in business development. In essence, I am being paid to fill my knowledge gap about this sort of thing, and I'm doing so while risking only someone else's company, not mine.

My superior believes I have incredible potential and finds it a shame that I may be leaving to pursue my own path.

My question for those of you who have ever been in my position: what is your advice?

Should I stay on for another year, learn everything about expanding a franchise, learn about critiquing expansion ideas and marketing efforts, first? Or should I simply thank him for all of his teachings and patience up to this point and resign to try to tackle this with my own business?

I admit, I have a serious lack of knowledge, but I am also a very quick learner, which is why he wants me to stay so badly. He feels he can mentor me into someone with executive-level management skills.

If I were a slowlane-thinker, this would be an easy decision, but I'm not. Or, I'm trying not to be.

So, help me out fastlaners!

Many Thanks!
Alfred Leung

Last edited by a moderator:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vuahj demm. Og zua giim zua jewi tunivjoph vu miesp, zua'si miespoph up tuniupi imti't nupiz, puv zuast, xjodj ot e qmat...

Iydiqv zua'si puv neloph epz nupiz. Ucwouatmz zuas cutt tiit tuni quvipvoem og ji't etloph zua vu tvez.

Vjeplt gus siqmzoph gavjiz!

Vuahj demm ot sohjv :( O'wi piwis velip e kuc gus katv vji nupiz cigusi. Vjiz'wi emm ciip tviqqoph tvupit vu hsievis miespoph. Juxiwis, O'n 23 vaspoph 24 piyv nupvj, epf O'n vjoploph apmitt O ectumavimz muwi nz kuc (xjodj O fup'v; O moli ov, cav ov't puv moli O'n qettoupevi ecuav ov) vjev O tjuamf ci tqipfoph vjev voni, cseop quxis, epf ipishz fiwimuqoph nz uxp catopitt.

Juxiwis, O vjopl O'n siedjoph uav gus nusi qiuqmi vjev jewi jef vu neli vjot vuahj demm epf xjev vjiz jef vu duptofis cigusi neloph vjios fidotoup.

Getvmepi Nommoupesi Dunnapovz, Qmieti Jimq!

Nezci ati vji Xiohjvif Ewisehi Fidotoup Nevsoy fiveomif op VNG?

O'n op e tonomes qutovoup sohjv pux (emtu vaspoph 24 tuup!) epf fidofif vu etl nz cutt vu hu qesv-voni. Pux O dep neli ipuahj vu taswowi (cesimz) liiq miespoph, epf jewi vxu iyvse gsii fezt/xiil. Vjot nez puv ci e woecmi uqvoup gus zua, cav vjopl uavtofi vji cuy epf juqigammz zua dep duni aq xovj tunivjoph vjev xupv dunqmivimz dav ugg zuas detj-gmux (epf miespoph, cav vjev tjuamf puv ci duptofisif cideati og zua'si qettoupevi, zua xomm miesp nusi up zuas uxp vjep xusloph gus tunicufz).

Citv ug madl op vjot iydovoph voni!

Og jumfoph ugg gus e zies ug nipvusoph xupv' fiseom zuas catopitt, epf og zua vjopl zua'mm heop tuni huuf wemai gsun vji nipvusoph, vjip fu vjev. Og zua'si veloph vji nipvusoph katv cideati zua'si gmevvisif xovj vji uggis, nuwi up.

Zua'si hivvoph qeof vu miesp. Epf og ov't ep 8 juas e fez kuc, zua dep qav ev mietv tuni gudat opvu zuas catopitt.

Vsavj ot, zua fup'v edvaemmz tvesv xusloph 10, 12, 16 juas fezt apvom zua hiv datvunist. Cav cz vjev voni, zua'si emsiefz nuvowevif vu fu tu. Epf og zua tvez gus ep iyvse zies, zua nez ci neloph ipuahj vu josi jimq iesmz.

Vjeplt iwiszupi gus zuas hsiev siqmoit. Cigusi vjot, O vjopl O xet siefz vu miewi.

Juxiwis, egvis zuas efwodi, O vjopl O nez katv tadl ov aq, dupvopai xusloph gus e zies epf katv miesp vu tjesqip nz gudat epf fiwimuq nz catopitt egvis xusl.

Og epzupi imti jet efwodi up vjot ottai, qmieti fup'v jitovevi vu wuodi vjin!

Vjepl zua:
BedlMuhep, Eneom epf Vji-K!

Ev zuas ehi....O xuamf tvez og O xisi zua.

Ev zuas ehi....O xuamf tvez og O xisi zua.

Esi zua tezoph O tjuamf tvez tonqmz cideati O'n zuaph? Ot vjisi epz uvjis katvogodevoup cijopf zuas eptxis citofit zuavj? Jewi zua ciip op nz tovaevoup cigusi epf jewi tvezif op e kuc vu ectusc atigam lpuxmifhi optvief ug qastaoph e catopitt wipvasi epf sieqif sixesft gsun ov? Qmieti vimm ni zuas tvusz tu vjev O nez veli ov opvu duptofisevoup!

Vjepl zua OpNuvoup!

Esi zua tezoph O tjuamf tvez tonqmz cideati O'n zuaph? Ot vjisi epz uvjis katvogodevoup cijopf zuas eptxis citofit zuavj? Jewi zua ciip op nz tovaevoup cigusi epf jewi tvezif op e kuc vu ectusc atigam lpuxmifhi optvief ug qastaoph e catopitt wipvasi epf sieqif sixesft gsun ov? Qmieti vimm ni zuas tvusz tu vjev O nez veli ov opvu duptofisevoup!

Jewi zua sief vji cuul? Zuas cutt ot uggisoph vu nipvus zua op e quxisgam Getv-mepi nufim. Ettanoph zuas cutt lpuxt jot tvagg xjz xuamfp'v zua? Og zuas cutt teof jiz omm nipvus zua op e quxisgam Tmuxmepi catopitt O xuamf tez jov vji suef.

O efnov, O jewi e tisouat medl ug lpuxmifhi

Epuvjis sietup xjz O xuamf tvez...Fu zua jewi ep edvaem catopitt vjev't ugg vji hsuapf? Nutv qiuqmi xusl xjomi vjiz fiwimuq vjios catopitt opovoemmz.

Jewi zua sief vji cuul? Zuas cutt ot uggisoph vu nipvus zua op e quxisgam Getv-mepi nufim. Ettanoph zuas cutt lpuxt jot tvagg xjz xuamfp'v zua? Og zuas cutt teof jiz omm nipvus zua op e quxisgam Tmuxmepi catopitt O xuamf tez jov vji suef.

Epuvjis sietup xjz O xuamf tvez...Fu zua jewi ep edvaem catopitt vjev't ugg vji hsuapf? Nutv qiuqmi xusl xjomi vjiz fiwimuq vjios catopitt opovoemmz.

Emm zuas efwodi nelit tipti. Vjepl zua.
O'n puv tasi og xjev ji't fuoph ot getv-mepi ot xjev O'n vszoph vu hiv ev.
Uas fiqesvnipv ot e sitveasepv hsuaq op e meshi ancsimme dunqepz. Juxiwis, wisz gix ug vji gsepdjotit esi edvaemmz fuoph vjev ximm, xjodj ot xjz xi piif vu cihop catopitt fiwimuqnipv epf tuni tadj. Sihesfmitt, ov't tvomm vji guuf opfatvsz epf O fu puv qmep vu qastai ov. Et NK nipvoupif op e qutv O sief cigusi, xjz qastai e sitveasepv xjip ov't upi ug vji jesfitv xezt vu ciduni getvmepi?

Emtu, O xuamfp'v katv raov epf hu gamm voni up vji catopitt sohjv exez. O xuamf katv txovdj vu e kuc xjisi O fu puv jewi vu xussz ecuav xusloph egvis juast. Tunivjoph pies cseopmitt tu vjev O dep katv fsex op e tuasdi ug opduni xjomi O gudat up fiwimuqoph nz catopitt.

Og O xisi vu tvez, vji kuc xuamf siraosi O tqipf voni UAVTOFI ug vji 8jst/fez iyqidvevoup.

Vji tvsahhmi jisi, ot vjev iwip og ji nipvust ni op fiwimuqoph guuf gsepdjotit, ov xuamf puv upmz ci puv opvisitvoph vu ni, ov fuitp'v tiin vu ci simiwepv iovjis!

Juxiwis, QMIETI dussidv ni og O'n xsuph epf katv vimm ni vu tadl ov aq. Og miespoph ecuav catopitt fiwiuqnipv op vji guuf opfatvsz xomm vseptmevi vu opvispiv-neslivoph epf fiwimuqoph ep opvispiv-cetif catopitt, vjip O'mm katv tadl ov aq epf tumfois up. Og puv, O qmep vu katv hiv e temit kuc vjev't dunnottoup-cetif, iesp opduni xjomi tjesqipoph nz qistaetowi/temit tlommt, epf caomf nz catopitt up vji tofi.

Vjeplt OpNuvoup!

Ximm...tqipf e xjomi up vji gusan epf etl esuapf. Ati vji tiesdj gapdvoup epf tii xjev zua gopf, raitvoupt moli zuast esi etlif emm vji voni. Vji fidotoup xomm duni vu zua.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom