What's new

Hello Which should I choose?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Magic Mel

PARKED
Hi everyone my name is Melanie and although I am from the UK I have been living in sunny Portugal for the last 5 years. I have read the book which I very much enjoyed because I had come to many of the same conclusions myself but was struggling to see it so clearly.

I knew I wanted to be in the fast lane but until I read the book I didn't know that it existed and it was great to have everything explained so well and in a style that made me smile a lot.

I am a single Mum who works from home alone and as I have already forgone most entertainment and social life to concentrate on my fast lane it will help me lot to be able to ask questions and talk to other people so I am looking forward to being part of a community of like minded people and I will learn everything I can.

My dream is to help other people with their health, I have suffered from needless life affecting health issues all my life and due to no help from doctors I have been studying to help myself for the last 10 years. When I am not reading marketing books I am reading health books. I would also like to be self sufficient in food as I have been studying alternative types of agriculture and I would like to try to grow the most tasty,nutritious fruit and veg, and animals for eating. I would also like a full time chef to cook it all! Yum!

Where I am now..
I have been working on a project for the last year which is a Restaurant Directory Websitewww.dinealgarve.com (All feedback appreciated)
NEED - Here in The Algarve in Portugalwe are 20 years behind everywhere else and most restaurants do not have websites yet also there is a huge amount of visitors each year as it is mainly a tourist destination and no comprehensive service currently exists. I use my website regularly to find places to eat.(if you haven't guessed already I like food!)
Restaurants have very limited ways toadvertise their business with very limited reach and expensivecharges and no measurement such as free maps and a local magazine.
ENTRY – The complexity of the websiteand the amount of work required is sufficient barrier to entry formost and can be demonstrated by the poor quality websites of thecompetition.
CONTROL – Currently I rent the backend of my website as I did not have the money/knowledge to develop it myself, and therefore do not have control over the development of it,however the first job when I have funds will be to redevelop the website so that I have complete control.
SCALE – can be scaled to many other destinations.
TIME – When the software is redesigned I would like restaurants to be able to add themselves and it show up in the listings, thereby automating the process to a degree.

I was planning on charging a monthly subscription fee of €40 however I had considered the model of only charging by bookings however its not quite the same for restaurants as you don't have to make a booking to eat there.

QUESTION: In order to have revenue of€200,000 per month I would need 17 destinations each having 300 paid restaurants. What do you think the value of the business would be at that level and is it saleable? This seems like it would need considerable human resource to achieve, is there a way to franchise/automate it more?
Currently I have not made any sales as I am having some problems with SEO due I think to the tags etc which are out of my control. I have made steps to recruit commission based sales people with no success as yet. If anyone has any ideas of howto reach restaurants more quickly I am all ears.

Whilst in the midst of setting up DineAlgarve I also came across the opportunity to sell a piece of parental control type software. My Ex Husband owns a company that has developed monitoring software that uses a digital forensics team to monitor kids and teachers in schools and also employees of companies using pc's. The company does quite well and has clients in quite afew countries but is a very slowlane type of business. He has a home version of the software but they are not selling it as they do not have the resources currently.

I can effectively have resale rightsfor the global market for this product. (except Malaysia where it isbundled with Malaysian Telecom broadband package and has beenrebranded to them ) I have tested it against the current marketleaders (Netnanny etc) and it performs in a unique and far superiorway. I believe it is sensitive enough to have caught a man exposinghimself to a young girl over skype. (I didn't test this myself!)
This fits all the commandments exceptcontrol, which is my main concern. Scale wise it is off the scale asthis type of product is also popular in India and Muslim countries.

My plan is to find a web development and SEO company who would be willing work on a revenue share or payment per unit sold basis and use a company like Avangate to takecare of the e-commerce side of things. Is that the best fastlaneplan?

So I have to choose but I would like todo both. I have done a pros and cons and they come out even although the software I think has the greatest potential sales/scale wise butis a company who has only resale rights to a product saleable? However there would be the opportunity to buy the company that owns the software at some point as my Ex husband owns 50% of it.

I have tried to keep it brief aspossible but I know its quite a lot of information and a lot ofquestions! I hope that's ok for a first post? :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom