What's new

Hello World!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Filipe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Who I am:

Hi, I'm Filipe from Portugal, I'm male and almost 20. I'm currently underway on a physics undergraduate major. Why? Because I like physics, of course. Do what you love, right? ;)

I read TMF 3-4 months ago. Needless to say, it completely changed my outlook on everything. I found I had been thoroughly brainwashed by university. I was a complete mix of sidewalker/slowlaner jackassery. Not proud of that. "The evil 1% hoarder" thing was so common, it was even constantly spouted by a teacher of ours with a position of relevance in the EU! How's that for non-fastlaning taking over? "zomg those rich corrupt politicians! its all their fault I cant pay for my morning coffee! rage against the machine! fight the power! protest! omg sidewalk 4ever <3 <3 "

I've found this forum because I want to learn more about TMF , so I looked for things. I want to share value with people, learn further methods useful to my endeavour, and give back!

The business
My endeavour is a multi-platform internet-based framework aimed at teaching of meta-learning. That's a mouthful, yes. Simply put, sharing with people what I know to help them learn how to learn. Currently our world education system is messed up (no, it isn't just america's schools creating robot drones for corporations), and so there's a big opportunity to help people overcome this and really actually start learning things. Obviously, I have big goals, but who doesn't? Besides, I don't wanna come off as a kid with a full mouth and small hands - haven't done much to earn the right to spout my goals here yet.

What I've done so far:
Picked the business name, bought the domain, chose (didn't file yet) which legal type of business it's going to be, planned how to spend the cash I have saved to take the business of the ground (which is surprisingly not that little, since i always saved most of what people gave me - no, I've never had a job, I've always been a student), wrote the mission and value statement, planned all the ways I'm going to market and advertise it, (mainly local low budget marketing strategies and internet tools), created the social networking pages. I have a brand thought out and I have a specific plan in how to go about trying to create the viral effect.
Followed my own advice in meta-learning and established a strong daily routine to create the necessary conditions for success.
Currently I'm continuing my research into diverse topics. I've studied only about 10 books (finance, entrepreneurship,sales, etc.) so far, I look to study around 30-40 more that I believe will help me avoid those common newbie mistakes. Plus, research is an opportunity to test my findings on meta-learning, of course.
I'm also developing some personal finance software to help me manage my bloody finances. I like to know where every single penny goes, and I haven't found a good free tool out there - and I hate excel, as most physicists, too... I don't wanna spend money on that because it'll be better applied on the business. (you guys know any software that could help? )

What my next steps are:
Continue my research until I've reached a good enough level to start the next steps (I'm aware the research will never stop though):
Starting to write the book that will serve as the backbone of the system (will be the biggest test of all this journey probably); actually building the website, tablet and phone app (my weakness lies with the 'business' aspect of it, not the 'content' or 'coding', those are the strengths). Filing the paperwork, marketing the hell out of it, and start the sales.
In other words, the thinking part is almost done, I need to get my butt moving and start creating stuff!

Why I chose this business:
I've been a top student most of my life, and that gave me the luck of meeting some remarkable people in international student olympiads. I'm still fascinated by having seen this firsthand,again and again: the people at the very top of their fields (STEM fields and sports, i'm talking genuine,rock-solid problem-solving-based learning, not book-chugging paper-eating rote-learning memory-based teacher-pleasing doormats), aren't smarter than anyone, they have no special talents to start with, but they outwork everyone by a very very wide margin, and they outsmart everyone in the way they work! I was fascinated by attending lectures with these guys and realizing that the newbies really understood and caught on to some concepts way faster than the top people. They were what you'd consider smarter, and then the top people absolutely and utterly demolished any standard or scale of comparison to them in the long run - they made themselves into geniuses, with hard work and commitment. Sharing the methods of those kinds of people is what I aim to do. And it's waaaaay more than learning how to study, it's a complete lifestyle - the academic fastlane analog, so to say :pompus:

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom