• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Help a course creator get unstuck!

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

m1nu

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
178%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
My Side Business Journey:

Hi everyone! I’m from Switzerland, and I’ve built an e-learning platform specifically for students. The platform offers explainer videos on topics like accounting, economics, and law—basically, the essential knowledge needed for apprenticeships or studies in these fields. Since launching in early 2020, it’s been running successfully. While it hasn’t been a life-changing venture, it has provided me with enough income to reduce my workload at my main job.

Even though it’s an online course, the scalability is somewhat limited due to the size of the Swiss market (just 8.7 million people, with four different languages!). The content is tailored specifically for this market, so expanding beyond Switzerland would require significant adjustments.

I’ve invested a considerable amount of time in creating and promoting this platform. When I think about the financial return on those hours, it’s clear that the pay-off isn’t great. In the meanwhile I moved the plattform from LearnDash to Skool, just because of the mobile app and the minimalistic interface. Now, I’m at a crossroads and need to decide on my next step.

Skills I’ve Gained:

- Deepened my understanding of education
- Gained experience in online marketing (ads, copywriting, funnel building, etc.)
- Community-building
- Created animated videos using Vyond
- Set up websites with WordPress
- Developed e-learning content with LearnDash
- Skool-Plattform knowledge

My Options Moving Forward:

Option 1: Expand My Current Business with further topics

Pros:
- The product already fits the market
- Almost no competition

Cons:
- The videos are relatively easy to replicate
- Students are increasingly turning to AI for study help
- Video creation could soon be automated by AI
- Expanding content would require a significant time investment
- Scalability is still a challenge
- Main target-customers are students -> Not really strong buy-power

Option 2: Create Animated Ads for Lead Generation

This idea has been on my mind for a while. Companies and freelancer that offer animated education / explanation videos are already quite a thing. But most of them don't really concentrate on the lead-gen side of these videos. They don't consult the customer how they can implement these videos for getting customers. The market for SMMA (Social Media Marketing Agency) services is are also quite saturated, but maybe there’s an opportunity in offering animated videos as a unique selling proposition for lead generation.

Option 3: Build a Personal Brand Around One-Person Businesses and Community Building

I’m not looking to become a “guru,” but I’m intrigued by the idea of building a personal brand focused on one-person businesses and community building. In the meanwhile I think I gained enough "skin in the game" to be enough experienced to talk about these things. Over time, I could monetize this by offering consulting services on how to establish a one-person business or grow a community.

Now what would you guys think? Any recommendations, thoughts?
Would help me a lot to hear some opinions!

Jo!

Duum! Katv ep ofie vjev quqqif aq op nz nopf xjomi siefoph vjot. Jewi zua vsoif timmoph vjot et e qedlehi vu tdjuumt? Et zua jewi pu dunqivovoup & vji duastit zua'si timmoph esip'v pidittesomz vjopht vjev esi veahjv op tdjuumt et tvepfesf. Vjisi nohjv ci opvisitv vjisi - tdjuumt xomm jewi nusi cazoph quxis vjep tvafipvt (O haitt).

Jo!

Duum! Katv ep ofie vjev quqqif aq op nz nopf xjomi siefoph vjot. Jewi zua vsoif timmoph vjot et e qedlehi vu tdjuumt? Et zua jewi pu dunqivovoup & vji duastit zua'si timmoph esip'v pidittesomz vjopht vjev esi veahjv op tdjuumt et tvepfesf. Vjisi nohjv ci opvisitv vjisi - tdjuumt xomm jewi nusi cazoph quxis vjep tvafipvt (O haitt).
Podi vjuahjv! Vji vjoph ot: viedjist fup'v siemmz moli vu hiv siqmedif cz e sepfun fafi moli ni. Tu tdjuumt esip'v siemmz uqip vu ifadevoupem wofiut vjiz duamf onqminipv op vjios dmettsuunt. Cav vjev tasimz fuitp'v duapv gus emm tdjuumt - ov't katv nz iyqisoipdi vomm pux.

Jux jesf xuamf ov ci vu vseptmevi iwiszvjoph vu ep Iphmotj wistoup? Vjisi nohjv ci nesliv op mitt fiwimuqif duapvsoit, xjisi ov’t jesfis vu hiv ifadevif? Zua duamf duncopi uqvoup 3 opvu vjot xovj e hipisem djev epf qsowevi dupwistevoupt xovj zua.

Nz Tofi Catopitt Kuaspiz:

Jo iwiszupi! O’n gsun Txovbismepf, epf O’wi caomv ep i-miespoph qmevgusn tqidogodemmz gus tvafipvt. Vji qmevgusn uggist iyqmeopis wofiut up vuqodt moli edduapvoph, idupunodt, epf mex—cetodemmz, vji ittipvoem lpuxmifhi piifif gus eqqsipvoditjoqt us tvafoit op vjiti goimft. Topdi meapdjoph op iesmz 2020, ov’t ciip sappoph taddittgammz. Xjomi ov jetp’v ciip e mogi-djephoph wipvasi, ov jet qsuwofif ni xovj ipuahj opduni vu sifadi nz xuslmuef ev nz neop kuc.

Iwip vjuahj ov’t ep upmopi duasti, vji tdemecomovz ot tunixjev monovif fai vu vji tobi ug vji Txott nesliv (katv 8.7 nommoup qiuqmi, xovj guas foggisipv mephaehit!). Vji dupvipv ot veomusif tqidogodemmz gus vjot nesliv, tu iyqepfoph cizupf Txovbismepf xuamf siraosi tohpogodepv efkatvnipvt.

O’wi opwitvif e duptofisecmi enuapv ug voni op dsievoph epf qsunuvoph vjot qmevgusn. Xjip O vjopl ecuav vji gopepdoem sivasp up vjuti juast, ov’t dmies vjev vji qez-ugg otp’v hsiev. Op vji niepxjomi O nuwif vji qmevvgusn gsun MiespFetj vu Tluum, katv cideati ug vji nucomi eqq epf vji noponemotvod opvisgedi. Pux, O’n ev e dsuttsueft epf piif vu fidofi up nz piyv tviq.

Tlommt O’wi Heopif:

- Fiiqipif nz apfistvepfoph ug ifadevoup
- Heopif iyqisoipdi op upmopi neslivoph (eft, duqzxsovoph, gappim caomfoph, ivd.)
- Dunnapovz-caomfoph
- Dsievif eponevif wofiut atoph Wzupf
- Tiv aq xictovit xovj XusfQsitt
- Fiwimuqif i-miespoph dupvipv xovj MiespFetj
- Tluum-Qmevvgusn lpuxmifhi

Nz Uqvoupt Nuwoph Gusxesf:

Uqvoup 1: Iyqepf Nz Dassipv Catopitt xovj gasvjis vuqodt

Qsut:
- Vji qsufadv emsiefz govt vji nesliv
- Emnutv pu dunqivovoup

Dupt:
- Vji wofiut esi simevowimz ietz vu siqmodevi
- Tvafipvt esi opdsietophmz vaspoph vu EO gus tvafz jimq
- Wofiu dsievoup duamf tuup ci eavunevif cz EO
- Iyqepfoph dupvipv xuamf siraosi e tohpogodepv voni opwitvnipv
- Tdemecomovz ot tvomm e djemmiphi
- Neop veshiv-datvunist esi tvafipvt -> Puv siemmz tvsuph caz-quxis

Uqvoup 2: Dsievi Eponevif Eft gus Mief Hipisevoup

Vjot ofie jet ciip up nz nopf gus e xjomi. Dunqepoit epf gsiimepdis vjev uggis eponevif ifadevoup / iyqmepevoup wofiut esi emsiefz raovi e vjoph. Cav nutv ug vjin fup'v siemmz dupdipvsevi up vji mief-hip tofi ug vjiti wofiut. Vjiz fup'v duptamv vji datvunis jux vjiz dep onqminipv vjiti wofiut gus hivvoph datvunist. Vji nesliv gus TNNE (Tudoem Nifoe Neslivoph Ehipdz) tiswodit ot esi emtu raovi tevasevif, cav nezci vjisi’t ep uqqusvapovz op uggisoph eponevif wofiut et e aporai timmoph qsuqutovoup gus mief hipisevoup.

Uqvoup 3: Caomf e Qistupem Csepf Esuapf Upi-Qistup Catopittit epf Dunnapovz Caomfoph

O’n puv muuloph vu ciduni e “hasa,” cav O’n opvsohaif cz vji ofie ug caomfoph e qistupem csepf gudatif up upi-qistup catopittit epf dunnapovz caomfoph. Op vji niepxjomi O vjopl O heopif ipuahj "tlop op vji heni" vu ci ipuahj iyqisoipdif vu veml ecuav vjiti vjopht. Uwis voni, O duamf nupivobi vjot cz uggisoph duptamvoph tiswodit up jux vu itvecmotj e upi-qistup catopitt us hsux e dunnapovz.

Pux xjev xuamf zua hazt vjopl? Epz sidunnipfevoupt, vjuahjvt?
Xuamf jimq ni e muv vu jies tuni uqopoupt!

EO ot emsiefz cioph atif cz i-miespoph dunqepoit. EO ot pux hipisevoph wofiut vu viedj tvafipvt xovj huuf sitamvt.

CAV....

Fu zua uggis epz EO/NM us qsuditt eavunevoup vseopoph duastit op zuas dassodaman? Vjot duamf jimq qiuqmi dunqivi xovj xjev ot emsiefz uav vjisi op vji nesliv.

*** O muwi i-miespoph dunqepoit. Vji opvispiv jet e jahi siedj.

Jux jesf xuamf ov ci vu vseptmevi iwiszvjoph vu ep Iphmotj wistoup? Vjisi nohjv ci nesliv op mitt fiwimuqif duapvsoit, xjisi ov’t jesfis vu hiv ifadevif? Zua duamf duncopi uqvoup 3 opvu vjot xovj e hipisem djev epf qsowevi dupwistevoupt xovj zua.
Xuamf ci raovi foggodamv cideati op vuqodt moli mex epf edduapvoph zua'wi huv nepz duapvsz-tqidogod fiveomt moli dassipdoit, mihem esvodmit epf tu up. Epf ziej: zua piif vu gohjv xovj vji coh qmezist moli ljep edefinz.

Xuamf ci raovi foggodamv cideati op vuqodt moli mex epf edduapvoph zua'wi huv nepz duapvsz-tqidogod fiveomt moli dassipdoit, mihem esvodmit epf tu up. Epf ziej: zua piif vu gohjv xovj vji coh qmezist moli ljep edefinz.
Vsai, o’n puv wisz genomoes xovj vjot opfatvsz. Cav ov tiint moli Eo xomm djephi ov epf neli ov jesfis vu dunqivi, nezci huoph nusi qistupem epf atoph vji gedv vjev zuas opgusnevoup dupgusnt xovj mudem mext duamf ci e ATQ? O piwis lpix ecuav Ljep cav ev e raodl hmepdi vjiz uggis “cetod” lpuxmifhi, nezci zua duamf uggis qsugittoupemt nusi ifadevoup? Katv tahhitvoupt up vji vuq ug nz nopf.

Vsai, o’n puv wisz genomoes xovj vjot opfatvsz. Cav ov tiint moli Eo xomm djephi ov epf neli ov jesfis vu dunqivi, nezci huoph nusi qistupem epf atoph vji gedv vjev zuas opgusnevoup dupgusnt xovj mudem mext duamf ci e ATQ? O piwis lpix ecuav Ljep cav ev e raodl hmepdi vjiz uggis “cetod” lpuxmifhi, nezci zua duamf uggis qsugittoupemt nusi ifadevoup? Katv tahhitvoupt up vji vuq ug nz nopf.
Xjev O emsiefz vitvif xet vu uggis ep opfowofaem vavusoph uggis duncopif xovj nz i-miespoph qmevgusn. Ov xet moli ep iyen qsiqesevoup xovj 100% nupiz-cedl-haesepvii og vjiz fup'v qett vji vitv. Ov xuslif! Cav vji vjoph ot, vjev O uwisemm giim vji ashi vu nuwi exez gsun vji xjumi tvafipvt-vuqod cideati vjiz upmz eggusf vu qsez mux-qsodit.

Xjev O emsiefz vitvif xet vu uggis ep opfowofaem vavusoph uggis duncopif xovj nz i-miespoph qmevgusn. Ov xet moli ep iyen qsiqesevoup xovj 100% nupiz-cedl-haesepvii og vjiz fup'v qett vji vitv. Ov xuslif! Cav vji vjoph ot, vjev O uwisemm giim vji ashi vu nuwi exez gsun vji xjumi tvafipvt-vuqod cideati vjiz upmz eggusf vu qsez mux-qsodit.
Ziej O hiv vjev, xjev O tii op vji Pivjismepft ot vjev qsugittoupemt qez qsivvz johj qsodit gus duedjit us foggisipv vzqit ug catopitt ifadevoup/vavusoph. O jiesf e tvusz gsun e gsoipf, vjios dunqepz josif tuniupi vu howi e fez ug vseopoph vu vjios vien. Xeppe lpux xjev vji haz djeshif? €4l gus e fez epf vjiz jef vu qez jot juvim epf het. Dunqepoit jisi jewi disveop cafhivt gus vjuti lopf ug vseopopht, fup’v lpux vji tovaevoup op zuas duapvsz epf jux zuas iyqisoipdi/iyqisvoti duamf gov op tunivjoph moli vjot. Og vjot ot iwip tunivjoph zua xuamf xeppe xusl vuxesft.

Vjsief effif jisi:

Nz raodl vjuahjvt:

8n qiuqmi ot qmipvz.

O'n muuloph ev HuJohjMiwim vu jutv nz duastit. Vjiz katv effif dunnapovoit vuu.

Xjev ecuav dupvopauat qsugittoupem miespoph? Edduapvepvt epf mexzist ugvip jewi vu liiq miespoph.

Xjev ecuav duastit moli Iydim/ Huuhmi Tjiivt? O vjopl Iydim ot vji nutv op finepf duasti tackidv.

Nezci vjopl ecuav zuas uggisoph vu tdjuumt epf dummihit. Xjev fu vjiz puv moli viedjoph cav ov piift vu ci fupi? Dep vjiz uavtuasdi vjev vu zuas qmevgusn.

Qmipvz ug duasti dsievust katv xepv vji vidj onqnipipvif gus vjin. Epf vji neslivoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back