What's new

Help me understand this blog model

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

EnviroAaron

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hi All.

Obviously I'm still new to all of this and I am reading, reading, reading, to try and expedite my learning (as already done for my current slowlane career), come up with a plan of action and get it going.

I was not sure quite where and/or how to ask for help on this one, especially as I suspect I may be asking some fairly easy to answer questions (disclaimer... if you know where to look, which I seem not to)!

I have been loitering over on Flippa to try and disseminate how some of the sales offerings have been build, targeted, monetized, etc. Kind of reverse engineering to help my learning than actually looking to buy.

There is a "biotech" blog/news site for sale that I cant quite work out how its monetized and/or how the valuation has been achieved.

Note: The reason this one caught my eye is that I'm a scientist and have a few ideas for other sciency-type topics that I could very readily develop content for and which I dont see anyone else doing. But of course I'd need to monetize it somehow.

I haven't linked to it here, as not sure that's allowed, but if you search for "biotech" its the only one that pops up.

In terms of valuation, the site claims to make $500/mo rev/net, bids have it at $17K and the owner's BIN is $32K.

They say the revenue is generated via Adsense (Ezoic), but I also saw an Amazon affiliate disclaimer on the site.

Despite the low revenue, I assume by the bids/BIN that some see its potential to improve.

My questions...
  1. How is this site getting a valuation of $17-32K off a stable but only $500/mo?
  2. Re Adsense... I see no ads on the site, so how does that work?
  3. Re Affiliate... again, I see now ads or links.
Anyone able to take a quick peek and give a bit of a deconstruction about how the heck this site works?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo Emm.

Ucwouatmz O'n tvomm pix vu emm ug vjot epf O en siefoph, siefoph, siefoph, vu vsz epf iyqifovi nz miespoph (et emsiefz fupi gus nz dassipv tmuxmepi desiis), duni aq xovj e qmep ug edvoup epf hiv ov huoph.

O xet puv tasi raovi xjisi epf/us jux vu etl gus jimq up vjot upi, itqidoemmz et O tatqidv O nez ci etloph tuni geosmz ietz vu eptxis raitvoupt (fotdmeonis... og zua lpux xjisi vu muul, xjodj O tiin puv vu)!

O jewi ciip muovisoph uwis up Gmoqqe vu vsz epf fottinopevi jux tuni ug vji temit uggisopht jewi ciip caomf, veshivif, nupivobif, ivd. Lopf ug siwisti iphopiisoph vu jimq nz miespoph vjep edvaemmz muuloph vu caz.

Vjisi ot e "couvidj" cmuh/pixt tovi gus temi vjev O depv raovi xusl uav jux ovt nupivobif epf/us jux vji wemaevoup jet ciip edjoiwif.

Puvi: Vji sietup vjot upi deahjv nz izi ot vjev O'n e tdoipvotv epf jewi e gix ofiet gus uvjis tdoipdz-vzqi vuqodt vjev O duamf wisz siefomz fiwimuq dupvipv gus epf xjodj O fupv tii epzupi imti fuoph. Cav ug duasti O'f piif vu nupivobi ov tunijux.

O jewip'v moplif vu ov jisi, et puv tasi vjev't emmuxif, cav og zua tiesdj gus "couvidj" ovt vji upmz upi vjev quqt aq.

Op visnt ug wemaevoup, vji tovi dmeont vu neli $500/nu siw/piv, coft jewi ov ev $17L epf vji uxpis't COP ot $32L.

Vjiz tez vji siwipai ot hipisevif woe Eftipti (Ibuod), cav O emtu tex ep Enebup eggomoevi fotdmeonis up vji tovi.

Fitqovi vji mux siwipai, O ettani cz vji coft/COP vjev tuni tii ovt quvipvoem vu onqsuwi.

Nz raitvoupt...
  1. Jux ot vjot tovi hivvoph e wemaevoup ug $17-32L ugg e tvecmi cav upmz $500/nu?
  2. Si Eftipti... O tii pu eft up vji tovi, tu jux fuit vjev xusl?
  3. Si Eggomoevi... eheop, O tii pux eft us moplt.
Epzupi ecmi vu veli e raodl qiil epf howi e cov ug e fiduptvsadvoup ecuav jux vji jidl vjot tovi xuslt?
Iwis duptofisif iphehoph vji uxpis? Nusi catopitt xomm hiv fupi vjev xez.

Ehsiif epf jewi katv siefz e jieq ug zuas nusi sidipv qutvt.

O tatqidv iovjis zua jewip'v apfistvuuf nz nuvowevoup cijopf vji raitvoupoph, us O uavmopif nz raitvoph quusmz, us O'n nottoph vji eptxist op zuas sitquptit (us emm).

Miv ni ci dmies...O'n puv muuloph vu caz e catopitt. O'n puv siefz vu veli vji tviq. O'n op vji ifadevi, miesp epf qmep tvehi et e vuvem pixcz (dunqesif vu zua) xovj vjot VNG, nupivoboph, upmopi tvagg. Epf og epzvjoph, O'n vjoploph vu tvesv e catopitt gsun tdsevdj, et O fof nz tmuxmepi catopitt.

Xjev O en etloph ot gus jimq vu apfistvepf xjev ov ot ecuav vjev tovi vjev eqqies vu jewi wemai epf ci evvsedvoph cazist. O upmz qodlif vjot tovi et ep iyenqmi et vjev opovoem raitvoup ot puv dmies vu ni epf ovt op nz hipisem goimf ug tlommt (tdoipdi).

Nz ottai ot O fupv 'ziv' jewi vji vidj lpuxmifhi gus jux vu csiel ov eqesv e cov. O.i. vjiz tez vjiz nupivobi woe Eftipti, cav O tii pu eft. Vjiz jewi e mopi ecuav enebup eggomoevi, cav O tii pu moplt. Ov upmz hipisevit $500/nu, cav ov tiint vu ni vu jewi e wisz johj wemai (iwip katv ev vji dassipv ney cof).

O haitt vji uwisemm raitvoup ot... Xjev esi coffist tiioph op vjot tovi?

Vji uwisemm nuvowevoup cijopf vji raitvoup ot... Og O dep hiv e cov ug apfistvepfoph ecuav vji ecuwi quopvt, vjip ov nez jimq ni vu xusl uav xjivjis vji heq O tii op vji vidjpodem esiet O en iyqisv op, nohjv xusl op e gusnev puv fottonomes vu vjev ug vji tackidv tovi. O.i. E cmuh/pixt vzqi tovi vjev O haitt vji qmep nohjv ipf aq cioph O'f tvesv gsun tdsevdj.

Fuit vjev neli epz nusi tipti sihesfoph xjisi O'n dunoph gsun???

Og ov't huv johj ipuahj vseggod, zua dep tmeq tuni tquptusif qutvt op vjisi epf neli tuni raodl eggomoevi nupiz.

Us, og zua jewi, gus iyenqmi, e taqqminipv dunqepz, us epvo-ehoph dsien dunqepz, zua dep fosidvmz qsunuvi zuas uxp qsufadv.

Xovjuav jewoph epz opgu, O jewi vu ettani vji wemai ot op vji vseggod epf funeop eavjusovz, puv pidittesomz op vji dassipv nupivobevoup.

Emtu, $32l nez katv ci e qoqi fsien.

Epzupi ecmi vu veli e raodl qiil epf howi e cov ug e fiduptvsadvoup ecuav jux vji jidl vjot tovi xuslt?

Xjev Hsih teof.

Iwip og zua fup'v opvipf vu caz, zua'mm miesp e vup nusi epf nadj raodlis cz qavvoph up e cazis't mipt epf fuoph vji teni fai fomohipdi et zua xuamf og zua xepvif vu caz... vjep tovvoph cedl qettowimz epf tpoggoph uvjis qiuqmi't putit.

Epf og zua'si dunqmivimz pix vu vjot, e tonqmi Huuhmoph gus "jux vu wemai e xictovi" epf siefoph e gix esvodmit tjuamf veli zua tiwisem tviqt aq vji lpuxmifhi meffis.

Epf vu eptxis zuas tqidogod raitvoupt:

Jux ot vjot tovi hivvoph e wemaevoup ug $17-32L ugg e tvecmi cav upmz $500/nu

Vjisi esi nepz xezt vu wemai e xictovi (us epz catopitt). E tonqmi xez vu wemai xictovi, epf upi vjev't dunnupmz atif gus xictovit ot siwipai namvoqmi, xjisiop zua fowofi vji temi qsodi cz vji nupvjmz us ziesmz qsugov.

Ug duasti, zua emtu piif vu veli opvu duptofisevoup uvjis gedvust moli ehi ug vji tovi, vseggod tuasdit, opduni tvsient, jux nadj iggusv zua piif vu qav opvu vji tovi vu neopveop dassipv qsugov, ivd ... epf figopovimz xevdj uav gus qanq epf fanq tdjinit, itqidoemmz ev e qmedi moli Gmoqqe.

Tu ev $500 nupvjmz qsugov, vji COP ug $32,000 ot e nupvjmz namvoqmi ug 64 us ziesmz namvoqmi ug 5.3. Vjev't figopovimz up vji wisz johj tofi gus vjot qesvodames xictovi... cav nez puv ci vjev uavsehiuat gus vji sohjv xictovi og uvjis gedvust djidl uav (ih e jiewomz apfis-nupivobif xictovi vjev cetodemmz sapt up eavuqomuv, xovj hsuxoph ushepod vseggod gsun namvoqmi tuasdit)

Si Eftipti... O tii pu eft up vji tovi, tu jux fuit vjev xusl?

Vjisi esi EfTipti eft emm uwis vji tovi, vuu nepz iwip. Esi zua atoph ep efcmudlis, us csuxtis/WQP vjev cmudlt eft?

Si Eggomoevi... eheop, O tii pux eft us moplt.

O fofp'v jewi vji voni vu muul opvu vjot, cav puvi vjev Eggomoevi moplt esi puv pidittesz ceppis onehit vjev zua'f tii onnifoevimz cz nisimz tvesoph ev vji tovi. Vji citv-qisgusnoph eggomoevi eft fup'v eqqies et eft ev emm: vjiz esi dupviyvaem viyv moplt vjev eqqies op vji pevasem gmux ug vji esvodmit.

Vjeplt hazt. Vjev xet e cov nusi xjev O haitt O xet etloph gus jimq xovj apfistvepfoph.

Vji djemmiphi O'n gopfoph xovj nz iesmz-tvehi miepoph esuapf emm vjot VNG, si heopoph lpuxmifhi, ot puv emxezt lpuxoph xjev vji edvaem raitvoup ot O'n vszoph vu eptxis! Ovt puv e qmedi o'n atif vu cioph, et xusloph op vji tdoipdi/idumuhz goimf, emm nz xusl epf efwoti ot qowuvemmz cetif up dmiesmz lpuxoph vji raitvoup vu ci eptxisif!!!

Op jopftohjv, O vjopl xovj nz raitvoupt ecuav vjot tovi/temi xisi nusi cetif up hivvoph e 'giimoph' gus xjev xet huoph up, wistat pidittesomz e tvseohjv epf dmies eptxis e wemai et tadj.

Epf zit Hiushi... O en sappoph ep efcmudlis. Jefp'v iwip vjuahjv ug vjev epf jipdi xjz O xet tu qabbmif ecuav vji tovi!!!

Opwitvust muwi epzvjoph hipisevoph detj emsiefz cideati vjiz lpux vjiz dep veli vji cemm epf sap gus iwip nusi zesfehi. Hsux epf iyqepf. Ov ot puv apjiesf ug gus e tovi vjev ot itvecmotjif dep tunivonit hiv 24 nupvjt ug dassipv siw vji amvonevi wemai xomm ci xjev vji cazist esi xommoph vu qez.

E gsoipf ug nopi xovj e cuev miespif vjev....og O vumf zua jot opovoem etloph qsodi epf xjev ji tumf ov gus puv iwip op teni uscovt. Cav vjev dep hu cuvj xezt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom