The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Helping Disadvantaged

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hey guys,

This is the idea I had sometime ago, but started different project now. Anyways, I would be glad to hear your thoughts on the idea I had previously:

I was thinking about the website where disadvantaged people could put small bios of their lives and what items would improve their lives most, then you could go to that website and buy that requested item for a selected disadvantaged guy directly from the website. The item could be bought with a click of a button and would automatically be dispatched to your selected guy's address and as soon as an item arrives you would receive a happy photo of a disadvantaged guy using your present.

For example: Let's say you see a kid in Bulagaria who badly needs a backpack as he's currently using a plastic bag that hurts his hands on a daily basis. You read his bio and find out that he's raised by a single unemployed mother who has 4 other kids and can't afford that bag. You make a decision and click a button "DONATE" that automatically buys and sends that particular school bag for $15 to a kid. Then, after let's say 3 days you receive a lovely photo of a kid joyfully going to school with your bought bag.

I know, the idea is not perfect and there are many loops. It's just a general big picture of what I was thinking about. The objective was to help disadvantaged people globally, instead of donating your money to charities that rarely reach kids.

What are your thoughts on this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Then after you receive the picture from the kid, make it super easy to share on social media with a link back to the site.

The virality of this could be huge.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Then after you receive the picture from the kid, make it super easy to share on social media with a link back to the site.

The virality of this could be huge.

Great point. This is what I was talking about - helping people help others by providing a direct way of donating what's necessary.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I was thinking about the website where disadvantaged people could put small bios of their lives

Another note on this, you may need to partner up with people, organizations, or a brand ambassador in each country for this to work. These kids wouldn't necessarily have access to the internet.

I've helped one charity get off the ground with some online dev, and that's the route they ended up going. If you do decide to go through with this, let me know if I can help in any way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.