What's new

Hey all, I'd like to introduce myself

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Anthony Mitoli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
My name is Tony. I'm currently living in the NYC area, but well outside it where the cost of living is cheaper. I went to school for Computer Science and currently hold a B.S. in that subject. Unlike a lot of my classmates I had some really great success right out of school and was hired for a six figure job (hard to believe I know) one year after graduating. It was with a client of mine who I was already charging 120 dollars per hour though so I had a huge leg up and he actually thought I might think the pay was to low. 1 short year later his business closed due to his poor management and the bad economy. I managed to stay on working from home as a contractor with him to keep his clients happy while he layed off nearly everyone else and closed the physical office. I was lucky, but did not celebrate. For the next year I worked from my room in my parent's house and made very good money and still took on consulting jobs in my area. I spent very little and saved as much as I could. I got into investing and read four hour work week and tried some of the ideas there. Ever since I have wanted to start a business but have only had small successes, nothing has taken off.

Back to my story though : I was also realizing back then that the contracting from home "dream" is isolating and while my girlfriend was at work or school I was working from home but it was actually lonely and harder than I imagined. It did eventually end. I consulted, brining in some money (not as much of course) for another stint until I was hired at a startup company making good money again. This time, I hated the culture of the company and things around me were crumbling (family issues, etc.) I wanted to move and to a different area, away from my family. I had substantial savings and I was living at home for too long anyway so I made the leap.

Fast forward to right now. I am living in an area outside the city with very little opportunity to get a "job." In my heart of hearts I do not WANT a "job." I hate the entire setup, office culture, cheap furniture, bad lighting. The one thing I love are the people. I am very social, but hate offices. Therein lies the trouble really. The jobs out here also pay less, so if I take one my ego will feel the bruise. I know a good amount about running my own consulting business but I left most of my clients in my old location and they were all earned by word of mouth, no advertising (sometimes I make the LONG drive to work there for a few days to keep the money flowing.) Thankfully, I also do some remote IT work as well. Many things clients need to not require me to be there in person, and if only I had 40 hours a week at that rate my savings rate would be just fine. Still, I do not want to trade hours for money (but I will if I NEED to) at any rate.

I really do not think money has much to do with success and sometimes I wish life was about more than this work-sleep-work paradigm we have all been forced into since birth. I am not a materialist and have no desire for fancy objects or shows of money. If I had unlimited money I would live much as I do now only I would travel a lot more. I really love working with technology and would explore it no matter if it was paid or not but the whole money thing is such a drag. The one way I can see of really negating the effects it has on my psychology is to beat it with something very successful that will not dominate my life. I do not want power or fame , i just want enough money to live in peace and explore the world, unnoticed for the most part.

Please, if you read all this, drop your name and say hello. I would love it if this forum had a real impact on my life. These days I spend a lot of time reading and it is quite isolating. My girlfriend returns from her job to see me here, having worked maybe 3 or 4 hours on a contract job but never looking very pleased and I think she might see me a lazy. I am lazy, but in the best possible way! I want to work in the smartest way possible and right now something inside is telling me to invest more and more time into novel ideas on starting a business. Afterall, the world of work and drudgery is not going anywhere.

I considered more school for a long time hoping to foster more community with other people who might help me innovate and blend ideas. After looking into the cost versus the reward on a MS in Computer Science I concluded it is not worth it unless somebody else is paying for it. I really love to learn, but it just looks like a rip-off!

I can live maybe another 5 years off my savings and investments with my current lifestyle before I would feel uncomfortable with the amount of money I have. I have no debt, student loans paid off, etc. I have read stories about entrepreneurs working so hard just to get back up to the point of NO DEBT and ANY savings so I must say I am thankful to be where I am now. I just need a little inspiration from the right-minded people, hopefully you find me on here.

What would you do in my position? Feel free to message me, add me, etc.

-Tony

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jiz Vupz, O'n Fsix. O'n geosmz pix jisi emtu cav O vjopl zua tjuamf qodl aq Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi epf howi ov e sief. Ov xet siemmz ep izi uqipis gus ni epf egvis siefoph ov vji ofiet siemmz tvesvif gmuxoph!

Huuf madl!

Jiz Vupz,

nz peni ot Mixot.

O fup'v lpux xjisi vu tvesv nep (op e huuf xez).

O katv xepv zua vu lpux vjev zua jewi e hsiev dunnapovz ug qiuqmi vu duppidv xovj.

O'wi upmz ciip gmuevoph esuapf vji gusan gus e gix nupvjt pux

epf vjiti hazt epf hemt esi qsivvz tjesq.

Vjot ot vji citv upmopi dunnapovz O'wi iwis jef vji qmietasi ug cioph eqesv ug.

O'wi QN'f e gix qiuqmi epf vjios sitquptit vu ni jewi ciip nusi vjep jimqgam.

NZ 2 QIPPOIT -

Ci hsevigam gus vji vjopht zua dassipvmz jewi op zuas mogi.

Ov nez ci quttocmi vu qsuhsitt xovjuav e tipti ug hsevigampitt cav

op nz iyqisoipdi -ov't jesfis vu nuwi gusxesf xjip zua'si puv jeqqz.

Tu (op nz uqopoup) catopitt etofi - HIV JEQQZ.

Gsun xjev O sief ecuwi, zua'wi eddunqmotjif e muv.

O dep mowi nezci epuvjis 5 ziest ugg nz tewopht epf opwitvnipvt xovj nz dassipv mogitvzmi

Vjev op ovtimg ot qsivvz exituni nep.

IPF UG VJI 2 DIPVT -

O duptofisif nusi tdjuum gus e muph voni juqoph vu gutvis nusi dunnapovz xovj uvjis qiuqmi xju nohjv jimq ni oppuwevi epf cmipf ofiet.
Vjeplt vu NK ji't qsuwofif vji vzqi ug dunnapovz (O ettani) zua esi muuloph gus.

O xotj zua vji citv.

Tadditt ot zuast,

Huf Cmitt :voqjev:

Jiz Vupz,

Nz peni ot Kez. O'n tunixjev pix jisi vuu. Xjev qesv ug vji PZD esi xisi zua op?

Jiz Kez,,

Vjeplt gus vji siqmz. Xi dep veml op QN. Vimm ni xjev qesv up PK zua esi op, O lpux PK ximm.

Mixot,

Vjeplt gus vji giifcedl, epf podi vu niiv zua. Zua esi sohjv ecuav hivvoph jeqqz Optofi O en hsevigam, cav O emtu vipf vu hiv mupimz epf cusif. Qisjeqt fai vu e medl ug pix epf djemmiphoph iyqisoipdit. Epzxez ov ot xopvis jisi pux epf cioph ev juni op vjot lopf ug xievjis mieft ni vu giim fseopif. O fu vji xusl nz dmoipvt piif epf vjip ugvip situsv vu siefoph e muv ug cuult, nepz dmettodt, epf tuni catopitt. O giim et og O en op xeovoph, et og vjot ot e hitvevoup qisouf gus tunivjoph civvis op nz mogi. O'wi vsoif vu hiv nztimg uav vu niivaq hsuaqt epf vjopht moli vjev vu hiv nusi qiuqmi't ofiet epf ipishz opvu nz mogi cav O emxezt tiint apecmi vu neli ov.

O'n puv tasi og epzcufz jisi dep simevi cav O jewi ciip op e tusv ug tvehpepv dzdmi. Vjopht esi simevowimz huuf cav puv hsiev. Nz simevouptjoq ot op e tusv ug sav, O giim moli O en ehoph (japh aq up nztimg epf nz sidifoph jeosmopi) epf katv hipisemmz lopf ug "tvadl." O'n tasi O piif vu neli djephit op nz mogi, cav iwisz qevj O muul ev tiint moli e notveli. Tu O liiq fuoph vji teni vjoph. Nusi tdjuum muult moli e quvipvoemmz cef gopepdoem nuwi, hivvoph e "kuc" xuamf suc ni ug vjot voni O en atoph vu sief epf hsux opvispemmz (tunivonit O siemmz giim huuf fuoph vjot) epf nutv ug nz evvinqvt ev fuoph vjopht upmopi epf upmz nufisevimz taddittgam.

O jewi sief op nepz catopitt cuult, opdmafoph uas efnop NK't ecuav vji ofie ug namvoqmoist. Gus optvepdi, og zua dep timm $30 ug iCuult qis xiil vjep zua dep tunijux timm $300 et ximm. Op nz deti O jewi ciip ecmi vu csoph op ecuav $50 fummest qis xiil timmoph fohovem qsufadvt upmopi cav O deppuv tiint vu hiv ov epz johjis. O en puv sappoph nz uxp xictovi tu O en puv tasi og TIU/ efwisvotoph epf huuhmi efxusft eqqmoit vu sappoph e dmodlcepl / ivtz / icez vzqi tjuq.

Epuvjis vjoph ecuav upmopi catopitt situasdit ot vjev vjisi esi katv tu nepz tdent. Tiesdjoph gsun huuhmi jet liqv ni op e qmedi xjisi O cesim apfistvepf TIU us xjisi vu vsamz cihop neloph upmopi siwipai tvsient xusl uav. O updi tohpif aq gus vji tjuinupiz pixt mivvis cav op vji ipf ov katv emm tiinif moli eft vu hiv ni vu caz vjopht gsun vji eavjus.

Og epzcufz jisi jet e cuul us cmuh xovj edvoupecmi, edvaem feve vjiz ati epf iyidavi up qmieti fu fsuq tuni penit. Gsun xjev O jewi guapf nutv cuult up vjot tackidv howi hipisem ofiet cav puv tqidogodt epf vjuti tqidogodt esi emxezt djephoph epzxez. Tu, O dep onehopi ov ot jesf vu liiq aq. O molif NK't cuul cideati ov hewi tuni vonimitt nufimt ug vji VZQI ug catopitt ofiet vjev dep ci getvmopi. O siemmz moli jux ji teof fu puv caz e gsepdjoti, TVESV upi. Ji ot sohjv up vji nupiz vjisi, epf tu nepz qiuqmi neli vji notveli ug tvesvoph e csodl epf nusves epf vjip hiv txemmuxif op ficv cideati vjiz jef pu muph visn qmep vu iyqepf us timm.

Et zua dep tii O jewi e muv vu tez! Juq op og zua fu vuu!

Vjeplt!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom