The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey Yves . . .

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Is it just me, or did your avatar morph into a different painting?

Just curious. I've been forgetting to get my Alzheimer's checkup, and this seemed like a good way to check my memory. ;)

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Is it just me, or did your avatar morph into a different painting?

Just curious. I've been forgetting to get my Alzheimer's checkup, and this seemed like a good way to check my memory. ;)

-Russ H.

I knew if anyone would notice it would be you. :) ...Yes, this is a different painting--it's from his "Anthropométries" series. He never titled any of his work--his widow did after he died (little bit of trivia there.) This one is titles Anthropométrie de l´époque bleue (ANT 78), 1960. (Thanks to Wikipedia on that one--my memory is good, but not that good!)

I think she just left the old one out in the rain. Same painting, it just looks different now :)

Sigh. Sparlin, am I going to have to drag you to an art museum first thing when we meet? ;)

...Maybe I'll make a point of finding a different painting every month. Hmm.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
HE!?! I thought with a name like Yves - he/she it would be a girl. :blush:

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
HE!?! I thought with a name like Yves - he/she it would be a girl. :blush:

Yes, well, I suppose I like the ambiguity of it all--which is ironic as my real name is Dana, and when I was a kid I always hated the fact my name wasn't more feminine--and I swore that if I ever had a chance to pick another name for myself it would be something very feminine--but here we are. :)

...Yves Klein was French, and in France "Yves" is a male name--like Yves Saint Laurent for example.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Let's monetize this whole art thing. If you open a gallery one could charge some money. Then just have everyone cross their eyes while staring at a painting. That way you can charge twice the admission fee and they'll never know the difference :)

Have them close their eyes and rotate it 90 degrees each time. Call it an art show, "A New Perspective".

Ooooh oohh... give the audience some paint ball guns... Charge BIg Money for this, and call it... "Interactive Art: Be the artist"

Yes... I could get into this art thing :)

I have to admit... I've seen a blue whale so far, and an alien face. I'll keep looking.

Sigh. Sparlin, am I going to have to drag you to an art museum first thing when we meet? ;)

...Maybe I'll make a point of finding a different painting every month. Hmm.

Deal :)

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Let's monetize this whole art thing. If you open a gallery one could charge some money. Then just have everyone cross their eyes while staring at a painting. That way you can charge twice the admission fee and they'll never know the difference :)

Have them close their eyes and rotate it 90 degrees each time. Call it an art show, "A New Perspective".

Ooooh oohh... give the audience some paint ball guns... Charge BIg Money for this, and call it... "Interactive Art: Be the artist"

Yes... I could get into this art thing :)

Better yet, we could open a gallery, apply for governement grants, start a traveling exhibit called "The Deconstruction of Profiteering at the Sake of Humanity: A Modernist's Perspective of Globalization--The Artist as Art" (Really, you could insert any buzzwords/phrase in here as long as it has mass appeal and sounds quasi-intelligent, at least enough so to where people just smile and nod but don't question the show for fear of sounding ignorant.)

We could then do the whole paint ball gun thing and play "La Dolce Vida" on a large projection screen in the background on mute with a Miles Davis CD playing loudly, and ideally backwards. Of course we would need to wear all black and smoke cigarettes out of those long cigarette holders and not smile the whole time. ...So are you in? ;)

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I love it! Sounds like a hell of a show!

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
I'd pay for that paintball thing :frocket: (insert paintball gun instead) :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.