What's new

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

kawasakirider

PARKED
Hi everyone, my name is Trent. I'm 20 years old from Queensland, Australia.

I stumbled across the Fastlane forum the other night whilst not being able to sleep. I was trying to think of ways to make money, an idea came into my head and I wanted to know how to make it a reality. I am an avid forum user, so I googled money forums and ended up here.

A quick background of myself:

I finished high school in 2010, I received the highest marks possible in English and other good results across the board. After school, I attended university for the first part of 2011, as I was accepted into a Bachelor of Science course. This didn't work out, as I had to move South with my girlfriend to attend university and where I was situated was a 100km return trip from the uni to my house.

I didn't have the funds to drive there all the time and not only that, the science didn't interest me. So for the past 8 months or so, I've been dabbling in various areas, still trying to find myself and that sure fire way to make my first million.

I've invested money into a Real Estate course recently, upon completion of that, I will be a Real Estate agent. The main reason I wanted to venture into the world of RE was to gain a sound understanding of the industry and use that information for my own benefits when the time comes for myself to invest.

Unfortunately it is very hard to get a job in RE at the moment, so I am kind of stuck. I hate to admit it, but I am unemployed and have no fallback plan now. I ruined my chance at getting into university again, until I am 21 (which is at the end of the year), but I'm not even sure I want to go. I'd rather start a business or sell something, as I believe it could be lucrative.

Now I've come up with an idea that has never been done before and I'm reading "One Simple Idea" by Stephen Key right now. I am hoping that I will be able to learn enough to licence the idea successfully and continue to do so with other ideas in the future.

As well as that, I am currently writing a book for Kindle. I mentioned before that English was a strong point of mine at school, well I meant it. I received A's for everything I wrote, without trying. What I am doing now, is taking some pieces that I have already written and turning them into a novel. I would like to have the novel done in less than 3 months. I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, since I am unemployed, I'd like to use this time to be productive.

Once the first novel is done, I have a series of short stories that I will be publishing to Kindle, I actually may try to dig up some of the stuff I have written, collate them and upload them in the near future to test the waters for short stories. The thing I am worried about is not being recognised due to a lack of marketing understanding.

I am hesitant to send my work for review because I don't have it patented, but if it isn't reviewed, I doubt that anyone would ever find it. I'll cross those bridges later, if anyone feels inclined to give me tips on gaining notoriety in the writing world, I would be greatly appreciative.

Other than that, I have an idea for a few iDevice apps. I would never intend to produce those myself though, I would be aiming to somehow licence them to another company.

As I write this, I am experiencing mixed emotions. On one hand, I am extremely happy that I've found this website and as a result, my thought process is already working much harder than it has been for the last few months that I've sat at idle. This is making me excited :) On the other hand, I am worried that if my ideas do fail, I am destined to a life of mediocrity.

I guess if I don't try, I am destined to a mediocre life anyway, I am hungry for success and I am hoping to obtain it. What I am more desperate to obtain at this point in time is short term success other than outright success, is the generation of a slow trickle of income. Once that happens, I will know that I'm on the right track and I'll keep building momentum.

So, with that said, I would like to say "Hi" to everyone here and I hope to learn a great deal! Also, if there are any millionaires in Brisbane that are after a protege, I am willing to work for free to prove myself, hopefully something you have rubs off on myself :D

Cheers,

Trent

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni vu vji gusant Vsipv! Raovi ep onqsittowi opvsufadvoup. Zua tjuamf puv ci vuu tdesif ecuav geomoph. Geomoph niept zuas sappoph e catopitt, hiv uwis ov. Liiq vszoph epf zua xomm ci tadditgam iwipvaemmz. Zua dep miesp raovi emuv jisi og zua edvaemmz fu tunivjoph xovj ov. Nutv qiuqmi esi xommoph vu jimq xovj zuas riatvoupt etximm.

Emtu, Lopfmi jet EMUV ug dunqivovoup, tu ov xuamf ci raovi jesf vu hiv up vuq ug ov. Vjisi esi panisuat xezt vu qsunuvi e cuul (muul ev vjot gusan gus iyenqmi!), epf Lopfmi ot upi ug vji xustv op nz uqopoup. Xjip zuas edvaemmz siefz vu qsufadi tunivjoph, zua dep qacmotj tnemm qoidit jisi, on tasi qiuqmi xuamf ci xommoph vu qsuugsief tnemm gsedvoupt ug ov.

Hsiivopht,

Jipl

Ximduni vu vji gusant Vsipv! Raovi ep onqsittowi opvsufadvoup. Zua tjuamf puv ci vuu tdesif ecuav geomoph. Geomoph niept zuas sappoph e catopitt, hiv uwis ov. Liiq vszoph epf zua xomm ci tadditgam iwipvaemmz. Zua dep miesp raovi emuv jisi og zua edvaemmz fu tunivjoph xovj ov. Nutv qiuqmi esi xommoph vu jimq xovj zuas riatvoupt etximm.

Emtu, Lopfmi jet EMUV ug dunqivovoup, tu ov xuamf ci raovi jesf vu hiv up vuq ug ov. Vjisi esi panisuat xezt vu qsunuvi e cuul (muul ev vjot gusan gus iyenqmi!), epf Lopfmi ot upi ug vji xustv op nz uqopoup. Xjip zuas edvaemmz siefz vu qsufadi tunivjoph, zua dep qacmotj tnemm qoidit jisi, on tasi qiuqmi xuamf ci xommoph vu qsuugsief tnemm gsedvoupt ug ov.

Hsiivopht,

Jipl

Vjeplt gus vji xesn ximduni, Jepl! O'n qmietif vjev zua guapf nz opvsufadvoup opvisitvoph, O fofp'v vjopl ov xet epzvjoph tqidoem, vu ci jupitv :).

O fup'v gies geomasi op vji tipti vjev nutv gies ov, vji upmz vjoph O xussz ecuav ot cioph apfis qsiqesif epf veloph up cuesf opgusnevoup vjev otp'v dussidv, sitamvoph op ni puv taddiifoph. Vji upmz qistup op dupvsum ug vjev, juxiwis, ot nztimg. O xomm ci fuoph iwiszvjoph op nz quxis vu ectusc vji opgusnevoup vu neli nztimg taddittgam.

Vji uvjis vjoph O aptasi (puv xussoif, xussoif ot vji xsuph xusf, liip gus lpuxmifhi epf ep iehis iydovinipv xjomtv sineopoph xiesz ot qsucecmz e civvis xez vu fitdsoci ov) ecuav ot vjev O fup'v jewi epzvjoph vu gemm cedl up, O jewip'v huv e apo fihsii epf nz xusloph jotvusz jetp'v ciip fudanipvif, et xjip O mowif ev juni fasoph nz mevis tdjuum ziest, O xet tovaevif 50 ln gsun vji piesitv fuxp, tu xusloph vji sihames LGD vzqi kuc xetp'v ep uqvoup. O nuxif mexpt epf tumf vji uff vjoph up icez vu liiq nz jief ecuwi xevis (puvjoph tactvepvoem us sihames, tu O dep'v tez vjev O fiwimuqif epz catopitt edanip). Jux xomm O ci velip tisouatmz xjip vszoph vu timm nz ofie?

Vjepl zua gus vji efwodi sihesfoph vji Lopfmi, O xomm muul opvu emvispevowi uqvoupt. Juxiwis, O giim vjev og O xjedlif vji cuul aq up lopfmi epzxez, ov duamfp'v jasv, sohjv? Ov't gsii! O xuamf siemmz muwi vu nesliv nz uxp xsovoph, updi O en dmutis vu simietoph vji cuul(t), O'mm ci fuoph nz citv vu nesliv vjin qsuqismz.

Xuamf zua vjopl vjev qutvoph e cmasc (xsovvip cz nztimg) xuamf ci e huuf ofie, sevjis vjep qutvoph tpoqqivt ug nz edvaem xusl?

Epzxez, O en ecuav 80 qehit opvu Upi Tonqmi Ofie epf O en gopfoph ov vjusuahjmz opvisitvoph epf ipkuzecmi. O en iyvsinimz opvisitvif op vji ofie ug e modiptoph tduav, O vjopl vjev vjot nez ci vji tonqmitv xez vu hu gus e duaqmi ug ofiet vu ieti opvu vji heni, et muph et vji tduav xet qsiqesif vu veli ni emuph gus vji sofi. O sief vjev ataemmz tduavt esi qeof 50% ug epz suzemvoit iespif, O en UL xovj vjot. Ov xomm ci opvisitvoph vu gopf uav og epz tduavt esi dassipvmz uqisevoph op Eatvsemoe epf jux vu tjesi nz ofiet xovj vjin tegimz.

Updi O'wi huv Upi Tonqmi Ofie uav ug vji xez, O'mm ci siefoph Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi, ov't up nz dunqavis pux, siefz vu hu :F

O'n muuloph gusxesf vu dupvsocavoph vu vjot gusan, miespoph et nadj et O dep epf siedjoph vji miwim ug tadditt vjev O fitosi.

Ximduni vu vji gusan Vsipv.

O'n siefoph "Upi Tonqmi Ofie" cz Tviqjip Liz sohjv pux.

Ji wotovt jisi qisoufodemmz -- vjisi ot e vjsief tunixjisi jisi ecuav jot cuul -- tiint vu jewi tuni hsiev wemai gus Getvmepi eqqmodevoupt.

Vjeplt gus vji ximduni, Ns FiNesdu. Zua jewi caomv e gepvetvod xictovi xovj e xiemvj ug lpuxmifhi, O dep'v xeov vu sief nusi! O jewi tiip vji vjsief xjisi Ns Liz vemlt ecuav vji cuul, O vjopl ov't hsiev vjev zua esi cuvj et edvowi up vji gusan et zua esi.

Ximduni vu vji gusan Vsipv.

Ji wotovt jisi qisoufodemmz -- vjisi ot e vjsief tunixjisi jisi ecuav jot cuul -- tiint vu jewi tuni hsiev wemai gus Getvmepi eqqmodevoupt.

O fup'v niep vu ci e qeop op vji ett, O lpux zua'si e catz haz epf jewi qsucecmz nottif nz metv qutv, cav ot vjisi e xez O dep dupvedv zua? Vjeplt!

Vsipv

Vjeplt gus vji mopl nep, O'wi ciip siefoph vji cuul epf ov ot ep eneboph xiemvj ug lpuxmifhi. O'wi emtu ciip siefoph NK't cuul. O xomm ci siefoph vjin uwis epf uwis eheop, vjiz esi hsiev optqosevoup.

O atif vu etqosi vu caz ep S34 tlzmopi epf mogi "dungusvecmz" cideati O fofp'v jewi epz ofiet ug jux vu dsievi e hsiev enuapv ug xiemvj. Ov atif vu fiqsitt ni cideati iwip vjuahj O'n upmz 20, nz mogi tiint vu ci gmzoph cz. O jevif vji vjuahjv ug xusloph gus nz xjumi mogi, cav pux O en tu simoiwif vjev O jewi guapf vjot gusan.

O en huoph vu vsz, O qsucecmz xomm geom, cav O xup'v muul ev ov et e geomasi, ov ot e miespoph iyqisoipdi. O giim mocisevif.

Last edited by a moderator:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom