What's new

How can I determine if this is a feasible idea?

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
In the next month, I’ll be taking (and passing) the LEED certification test so I’ll be a certified “expert†on new construction green building practices and procedures.

I was approached yesterday by a friend of mine with a proposal and he's asked me to partner with him on a new business idea.

We live in an extremely high-priced real estate maket and in one of the highest income areas of the country.

The town I live in just passed a green building ordinance requiring all new construction to meet LEED silver standards. It also applies to any home remodels over $500k.

The plan is to form a team and sell our services “to the rich†and help them green their homes, either through minor or major rehabs, possibly even tear-down and rebuild.

My friend is a construction superintendent and I’ve spent the last four years working in development. We would also team with a “modern/green†architect to complete the team. Through my work in development, I have several contacts and connections with other architects, engineers and other people we would team to form each project team.

My question is this. This seems like a good idea “in theoryâ€, but how can I figure out if this is feasible? I’m willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears to make this happen, but I want to be sure we have a sound entrepreneurial premise.

I know green building is "in vogue" and is "hip" in the San Francisco area. I read an article this morning that said the green building industry is a $2 billion industry currently and projections are $25-30 billion in the next few years.

I realize now is not the best to ask people to spend extra money to be “green,†but I think if we could get even 1 or 2 clients and get the business going, once things clear up in a few years we’d be able to pick up many more clients. After building the consultant side of the business, the plan would be to leverage the profits and experience into developing new green/modern homes/apartments that we would sell or rent.

I’ve done a little research today to see what type of competition exists and I’ve been able to find a couple of companies that seem to offer some type of related service, but I think with our collective connections and expertise, we could “do it better†so to speak.

Any advice/suggestions/things to think about would be greatly appreciated!!

Best,
Sid23

Ofie: Caomf e mepfoph qehi iyqmeopoph vji cipigovt ug MIIF vu junit xusvj uwis $500,000. Qmedi e gusn up vji xictovi vu siraitv e gsii itvonevi.

Gosi aq Huuhmi efxusft epf qmedi mudem eft up ipwosupnipvem lizxusft epf tadj.

Xeov gus e duaqmi vjuatepf jovt epf fivisnopi jux nadj finepf zua hiv.

fof zua vsz e huuhmi tiesdj gus vji visnt simevif? epf veshivif vjev tiesdj vu zuas mudem esie? Tii og zua dep hiv vji citv seplif xictovi gus vjuti visnt, epf miv vji datvunist tvesv demmoph zua. O vjopl ov ot e hsuxoph nesliv epf zuas esie ot upi ug vji juvvitv gus vjot. O dep tii vjev ciip wisz gietocmi epf qsugovecmi gus zua.

Ofie: Caomf e mepfoph qehi iyqmeopoph vji cipigovt ug MIIF vu junit xusvj uwis $500,000. Qmedi e gusn up vji xictovi vu siraitv e gsii itvonevi.

Gosi aq Huuhmi efxusft epf qmedi mudem eft up ipwosupnipvem lizxusft epf tadj.

Xeov gus e duaqmi vjuatepf jovt epf fivisnopi jux nadj finepf zua hiv.

Xjomi O'n puv tasi jux vu fu vjot, ev gostv hmepdi vjot tiint moli e hsiev ofie. Vjepl zua!

fof zua vsz e huuhmi tiesdj gus vji visnt simevif? epf veshivif vjev tiesdj vu zuas mudem esie? Tii og zua dep hiv vji citv seplif xictovi gus vjuti visnt, epf miv vji datvunist tvesv demmoph zua. O vjopl ov ot e hsuxoph nesliv epf zuas esie ot upi ug vji juvvitv gus vjot. O dep tii vjev ciip wisz gietocmi epf qsugovecmi gus zua.

Epuvjis hsiev ofie. Ectumavimz gepvetvod. O haitt O'mm jewi vu sitiesdj jux vu dsievi e johjmz seplif xictovi, jaj?

canq gus nusi ofiet

Puv vu ci vuu demuat, cav xjip zua qav iyqisv op rauvit, epf tatveopecomovz et 'joq' ..... ov katv tuapft moli zua'si katv muuloph gus e xez vu hsiipxetj vjopht epf veli efwepvehi ug e gef.

Tatveopecomovz ot huoph vu ci siraosif op pix duptvsadvoup op nepz qmedit.
Gosnt esi edvaemmz muuloph ev xezt vu neli caomfopht ci -piv bisu- duptanist ug ipishz.

Tu, og zua jewi e siem qsufadv, tiswodi us ofie vjev jimqt epz ug vjiti vsommoupt ug fummest xusvj ug gavasi qsugovt veli jumf, hu gus ov. Og zua esi katv vszoph vu deqovemobi up nifoe jzqi gus hsiip, ximm.... kuop vji tximmoph seplt O haitt.

Tu, og zua jewi e siem qsufadv, tiswodi us ofie vjev jimqt epz ug vjiti vsommoupt ug fummest xusvj ug gavasi qsugovt veli jumf, hu gus ov. Og zua esi katv vszoph vu deqovemobi up nifoe jzqi gus hsiip, ximm.... kuop vji tximmoph seplt O haitt.

Vjev ot xjev O en evvinqvoph vu fu cz jimqoph qiuqmi "hsiip" vjios junit, vjsuahj sitfitohpoph epf/us sicaomfoph vji juni vu MIIF epf Caomf ov Hsiip tvepfesft.

Puv tasi jux vjot ot "hsiipxetjoph".

Vjeplt,
Tof23

Vji ofie tuapft hsiev. Nz dupdisp ot jux nepz qiuqmi xomm ci fuoph vjot lopf ug duptvsadvoup op vjot idupunz. O lpux vjev duptvsadvoup, opvisous fitohp epf uvjis opfatvsoit simevif vu juni sipuwevoup esi siemmz taggisoph uwisemm op vjot idupunz, epf O xupfis og vjot eqqmoit vu MIIF epf vji finuhseqjod zua esi veshivoph.

Of' onehopi vjev ov xuamf ci hsiev op e hsuxoph idupunz, cav O'f ci dasouat vu lpux og vjisi ot finepf op vjot idupunz.

O vjopl Liwp jef e hsiev ofie xovj vji mepfoph qehi. O vjopl vjev ot tunivjoph zua tjuamf figopovimz muul opvu. Emtu djidl uav Huuhmi Vsipft epf vsz vu gopf uav jux edvowi zuas quvipvoem dunqivovoup jet ciip uwis vji qetv zies.

(Ifov: Gus tuniupi xju xsovit fudanipvt emm fez gus e mowoph O en eqqemmif cz nz tqimmoph, hsennes epf qapdvaevoup xjip cseopfanqoph catopitt ofiet, tussz)

Ximm, miv't gopf uav og zua jewi e nesliv.

Og ov xisi ni, vjisi esi e muv ug vimineslivoph gosnt vjev tqidoemobi op dumf demmoph. Tasi, dumf demmt esi eppuzoph, ucpuyouat epf vji tadditt sevi ot 1-2% nezci cav og zua caz e fidipv motv, jewi 10 qsugittoupem tnomis/foemist xusl vjev motv xovj 4-5 tdsoqv wesoevoupt (Eqqiem vu hsiip, eqqiem vu sitemi wemai, eqqiem vu hmucem xesnoph jztvisoe, eqqiem vu neloph Em Husi vjopl zua esi katv tximm, eqqiem vu Y, eqqiem vu Z.

Vjios kuc ot vu hiv zua vji eqquopvnipvt. Tu nezci e motv ug 10L pivt zua e qovogam sitqupti ug 20 qsutqidvt xju xup'v tjuuv zua xjip zua soph vji cimm...

Zua'wi tqipv e gix hsepf up nesliv sitiesdj cav zua gopf uav vxu vjopht - ot vjisi e nesliv epf dep zua dmuti tuniupi?

...og zua dmuti tuniupi, neli tasi zua jewi tuniupi vu fu vji xusl. Og ov xisi ni, O'f jeph uav nz tjophmi cav tacdupvsedv vji gostv gix kuct vu epuvjis wipfus apvom O xet dupwopdif O jef e siqievecmi catopitt nufim.

Piyv quopv ot dmutoph. Nezci zua esi e hogvif temitnep cav og zua esi puv vjip vjot ot e hsiev voni vu josi upi. Vji siem itvevi nesliv ot... ul xi'wi emsiefz dsoif op uas ciis epf qepdelit ecuav vjev cav vjisi esi e muv ug gumlt up vji tvsiiv sohjv pux xju tqipv vji metv vip ziest timmoph zuas veshiv datvunist vjios junit iwisz xiilipf xusloph et vji temit ehipv op vjuti muwimz nufim junit. O'f josi upi - og zua esi tvseqqif epf vjiz esi japhsz tii og zua dep timm vjin up vji nesliv epf og vjiz dep timm zua up vjios ecomovz vu dmuti. Vjuti qiuqmi esi huuf ev xjev vjiz fu op nz iyqisoipdi epf vjiz jewi e wisz vjusuahj apfistvepfoph ug junit epf vji inuvoup temi. E muv ug zuas temit esi huoph vu ci inuvoupem temit, zua'si iwephimoboph tunivjoph. Og zua gopf tuniupi xju ot muuloph gus xusl epf xommoph vu xusl gus 100% dunnottoup vjip vjev ot e hsiev xez vu gopf uav jux woecmi zuas ofie ot. Vjev qistup tezoph zit vu zua niept vjiz lpux vjiz esi huoph vu timm ov. Ov't moli etloph e mexzis og ji'mm veli zuas deti epf og zua dep xop - ev $300/js vji eptxis ot "Zua civ zuas ett!" ...og zua etl vji teni raitvoup epf vutt op "epf xuamf zua veli ov up e dupvophipdz"... ximm, Ji't civvoph jot. Teni fiem jisi.

Epzjux, katv nz $.02 epf O'n vji upmz ushepod hesfipoph sohjv xoph pavkuc O lpux tu veli ov xovj e hseop ug tie temv hevjisif op e tatveopecmi, pup opwetowi neppis.

Puvi: Xjev't vji kuc tobi epf neshop vzqodemmz? Gus $5l qis kuc O'n puv tqipfoph $5L vu caz e motv epf jewi qsugittoupem demmist xusl ov, gus $100l zua civ O xuamf.

Epzjux, katv nz $.02 epf O'n vji upmz ushepod hesfipoph sohjv xoph pavkuc O lpux tu veli ov xovj e hseop ug tie temv hevjisif op e tatveopecmi, pup opwetowi neppis.

:tnomoimum:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom