The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I find my "Lambo"?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Just the title...

I'm a very basic guy who doesn't care about materialistic things or in financial freedom.

I know that probably is stupid the part of financial freedom but I don't feel it. I'm 22 years old and I don't know why but I don't feel the burning desire for money or wealth

Probably my mind is so scripted by the culture that I've been living on. (I'm from Argentina and our script in relation with money is so different compared to other countries. e.g., Inflation of 100% in the each of the last three years so we use dollars as a method of "Investment").

My only desire/goal right now is to go to Italy and get my Italian citizenship because I don't want to live in Argentina.

I know that living in the script is wrong but without a "burning desire" I don't feel the motivation to start my fastlane journey.

You find your “lambo” when you are older, broke and thinking “how did this happen to me?”. You look back and realize… shit, it was staring me in the face.

Reminds of that joke. Picture this: a flood, evacuation in process and one man is on the roof of his house. He’s praying to God to save him. Neighbour had an inflatable raft, said “jump in” … ‘oh no, God will save me’. A few hours later, water is up to his windows, a rescue boat comes by ”jump in” … ‘oh no, God will save me’. Next a helicopter rescue doing final sweep, spots him “climb on“ … ‘oh no, God will save me’.

Prays more and water comes over the roof, he dies.

At the gates of heaven, God greets him. He’s not happy: “God, why didn’t you save me?”
”I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what else did you expect me to do?”

;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
It's like the Fisherman story MJ told.

To sum it up, Everything is good until it isn't.

You may be okay now, But what happens when you're not?

What if, God forbid, You got sick, And the treatment was very expensive, Not covered by insurance, And you had to fly 12 hours to a different country?

How would it feel to be in public healthcare on a waiting list for months for an operation you need right NOW, Knowing the clock of your life is ticking and you're helpless?

If you were facing death, Wouldn't you be mad at your self for not taking money more seriously?

What if war broke out in your country? Would you be able to get you and your family to safety at a moments notice?

I typically hate using fear as motivation, But in your case if you aren't willing to run towards something, You have to run FROM something.

You can start to feel like there are no good things to go and do, because they aren't the sort of things that you do.
This reminds me of when I didn't have much money. I lived with my parents, and worked in fast food, At 25 years old.

I was in a similar mind state as the OP. I "didn't want anything"

In reality, I didn't have the money to do anything, Or buy cool things. I didn't want to move out of my parents because I was "happy there".

But all the sudden, When I started to make more money, I wanted to move out and get a cool apartment/house. I wanted to buy the cool toys, And the cool cars, And take the cool trips.

What gives, I thought I "didn't want anything"?

Turns out, I was saying I didn't desire anything as a cope to deal with the fact that I couldn't afford nice things and experiences. It's much easier and less stressful for your brain to pretend you don't want something, Than it is to have to go out and work for it.

Once I had more money, More possibilities opened on how I could spend that money, And my desires grew.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I decided to change colors lol.

368049131_10230848987837884_8717954991587838836_n.png

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Turns out, I was saying I didn't desire anything as a cope to deal with the fact that I couldn't afford nice things and experiences. It's much easier and less stressful for your brain to pretend you don't want something, Than it is to have to go out and work for it.

The mental diagnosis for this is cognitive dissonance, which essentially, is lying to yourself so you can maintain the status quo.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Instead of trying to find your “lambo”, try to find “yourself”.

It seems like your lost in what you desire as a person.

You must find yourself as a person first.

If this makes sense,

a rat can always think it’s a lion,

but it will never become one, and during that process, it loses its ability to be a rat.

You can always lie to yourself about what you think finacial freedom is to you, but it may never become that.

And in that process, you lose your ability to recognize what is finacial freedom to you.

I had always thought I was meant to be a gamer for life.

I had lied to myself for years thinking that’s what I was destined for,

I had lost sight of what habits I really did love to do.

It took me months to find my habits again.

You might be blinded to what you really want to do.

Think on this topic.

Sit in bed and feel yourself out.

Hopefully that helps.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Just the title...

I'm a very basic guy who doesn't care about materialistic things or in financial freedom.

I know that probably is stupid the part of financial freedom but I don't feel it. I'm 22 years old and I don't know why but I don't feel the burning desire for money or wealth

Probably my mind is so scripted by the culture that I've been living on. (I'm from Argentina and our script in relation with money is so different compared to other countries. e.g., Inflation of 100% in the each of the last three years so we use dollars as a method of "Investment").

My only desire/goal right now is to go to Italy and get my Italian citizenship because I don't want to live in Argentina.

I know that living in the script is wrong but without a "burning desire" I don't feel the motivation to start my fastlane journey.
I am hearing you say that you are afraid of the economic situation in Argentina. You don't feel secure enough to build a business there. So, you want to leave and find another place where you think it will be a lot more stable. And that's a lot more of an urgent issue. Am I hearing you right?

rlowcewicz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 4, 2023
Juampi, un gusto, acá otro de Argentina, qué tal el viaje a Asia?

Frente al contexto actual, estoy en la misma situación que vos, parece que irse del país es la mejor opción.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
People who think money plays no role in happiness are in for a rough life. Having no money and no options is a form of subtle, self imposed slavery.

If you were a billionaire, you think you’d have any problem moving to italy? Or anywhere else in the world? Money is freedom, choices, and so much more.
I think it's being overwhelmed by all those problems @MTF mentioned why excitement doesn't exist for money. It's just called something else, but it's still drive.

You just don't care about your dreams anymore. You're instead immersed in your money problems and don't want to think anything else until you solve them. When you do, then the desire to experience and live reappears

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm back!

After my trip to Asia (this was an excellent experience) I got a new job and I start living by myself. Just a bit of context for my current situation hahaha. I started feeling the slowlane so much that the first week I ended totally angry with myself. I have to admit it, the change of the environment that you are living is important.

Ok, so you view yourself as not being materialistic and not caring about money, but if you did, and you had a couple of millions anyway…what would you spend that on? I mean, after you paid for regular life expenses like groceries and electricity bills. How would you burn that money? How would you use that cash to make the world a better place, for yourself and/or others?

It’s a purely theoretical exercise, there are no good or evil answers. Try not to be ashamed of whatever pops up in your head. And if you draw a blank, that’s something to ponder while traveling Asia.

I would like to burn that money in another citizenship. That is the first thing that comes to my mind. I don't know if an investor visa would be a great idea but is something. Also, I would burn that money in new experiences like scuba diving, skydiving and that kind of staff

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It sounds to me, like your life is too consistent.
Yes! That was my problem. I was living in a bubble , always doing the same and not doing anything interesting or having some meaningful experience.

Juampi, un gusto, acá otro de Argentina, qué tal el viaje a Asia?

Frente al contexto actual, estoy en la misma situación que vos, parece que irse del país es la mejor opción.
Como va? La verdad excelente!! una muy buena experiencia que se la recomiendo a todo el mundo.

El caso de Argentina va a tener una solucion a largo plazo (si es que la hay jajaja). Igualmente al ser tan joven no quiero quedarme sentado esperando ya que el gobierno no lo manejamos nosotros :)

JuampiAAAJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 8, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You find your “lambo” when you are older, broke and thinking “how did this happen to me?”. You look back and realize… shit, it was staring me in the face.
I had this realization the other day. The good thing is that I realized it one week after starting this new job. Right now, I'm so pissed with myself.
I am hearing you say that you are afraid of the economic situation in Argentina. You don't feel secure enough to build a business there. So, you want to leave and find another place where you think it will be a lot more stable. And that's a lot more of an urgent issue. Am I hearing you right?
Exactly! That is my mind right now. Start a business in Argentina is not in my plans

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Exactly! That is my mind right now. Start a business in Argentina is not in my plans
I would have years at a time, I would look at the economic outlook of the United States and decide to not try and start a business because I thought shit was about to hit the fan. Turns out, nothing really happened. That was 4 years ago. I wasted a lot of time just waiting for things to get better, but things got worse... because I didn't do shit.

Now I look at the United States outlook, and it looks worse than 4 years ago. You think I'm sitting on my a$$ and waiting for things to get bad? Hell no. I'm not making that mistake again.

What is the worst thing that could happen if you try and start a business in Argentina? Failure? Who cares. You will probably fail a few times regardless of the country you are in. But you will learn from your mistakes. I'm on at least business #10, though I could have forgotten a few. It has been 8 years of failure. Some years I would have 2 or 3 business failures. Other years I would have zero... because I didn't do anything. I learned nothing during the years I didn't fail. If you're anything like the average person on this forum, you have a few business failures in your future before you make any serious money. So don't let the country you currently live in stop you from failing now. By the time you're ready to make a business succeed, you might already be in Italy or some other country.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.