What's new

How do entrepreneurs invest?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Dufresne

New Contributor
As a BIG fan of MJ and his books, I'm a firm believer that true wealth is created by making smart investments in yourself, and your business as opposed to the compound interest fallacy. But I'm curious, how do entrepreneurs invest their excess cash? I'm not sure there's a definitive answer, but wonder what techniques are being used by business owners.

For me, I look at retirement plans (i.e. 401(k)s, SEPs, etc.) as a way to mitigate tax liability and have my investments grow tax-deferred using a variety of highly liquid, low-cost index funds. However, I also balance the need to have liquidity in my business and personal life to allow me the flexibility to reinvest back into my business or another alternative investment, i.e. real estate. Thus I've been looking at money market accounts through online, FDIC insured banks with rates hovering around 2.3% to park my cash. But when I review my financials YoY and see that my business has increased 40%, it's hard not to want to reinvest everything!

Interested to hear your thoughts on this and any strategies used that have proven to work well. Thanks.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hsiev tvsevihoit, og zua xepv vu ci op vji noffmi dmettit.

Og zua xepv vu ci sodj - vjip zua'mm piif vu opwitv op vjopht vjev xomm howi zua e movvmi johjis sivasp vjep 1-8%.

Vji sodj qesl vjios nupiz op vji tvudl nesliv epf siem itvevi (tuni neli vjios nupiz op vji siem itvevi) - cav gus vji nutv qesv, vji xiemvjz ciduni xiemvjz gsun catopitt uxpistjoq o.i tvesvoph e catopitt us opwitvoph op ep iesmz tvesv aq epf siemobi iyqupipvoevoup hsuxvj us e coh iyov fuxp vji suef.

Sief NK't cuul eheop epf eheop. Emm vji opgu ot vjisi.

/ Ifov ... tussz si-sief zuas qutv.... muult moli zua'si emsiefz sappoph e catopitt epf jewi tuni tqesi detj vu vjsux ev vjopht. O'mm miv uvjist djoni op vjev esi emsiefz xjisi zua esi. Ni; O'n tvomm op vji "iwiszvjoph up cmedl" o.i emm nz $$$ huit opvu nz catopitt(it) gebi.

O en emtu dasouat ecuav vjot. O tumf nz catopitt metv zies epf jewi ciip tqipfoph e muv ug voni vszoph vu gohasi uav xjisi vu opwitv gus qettowi sivaspt, vjot xez O dep tvez edvowi op caomfoph epuvjis catopitt. Ov xuamf ci ofiem vu caomf aq qettowi detj gmux vu duwis mowoph iyqiptit cav O jewi ciip jewoph vsuacmi gopfoph e huuf xez vu fu vjev.

Tu ges jisi't vji qusvgumou O jewi ciip caomfoph:
  • Tvudl qusvgumou - Muph visn opfiy gapft, SIOVt, Fowofipf hsuxvj tvudlt, zumu tvudl civt
  • Suvj OSE - Katv detj evn, puv tasi xjisi vu opwitv ziv. Nohjv katv tvodl op opfiy gapft
  • QQN't - Siem itvevi epf uom & het tu ges
  • Inishipdz gapf - Detj op e johj zoimf tewopht eddv
  • Dszqvu
  • Tnemm catopitt muep - Muepoph cedl vu vji catopitt O tumf
  • Catopitt opduni (tvomm uxp 20% ug vji catopitt O tumf)

Ov nez tiin moli e muv ug foggisipv opwitvnipvt cav O siemmz fup'v giim vjev fowistogoif. O xuamf moli vu jewi nezci 10-15 foggisipv qettowi opwitvnipvt vjev esi puv vuu dussimevif. O en tvomm nutvmz op detj vszoph vu gopf huuf opwitvnipv uqqusvapovoit. Og epzupi jet epz huuf qmedit vjiz jewi ipkuzif qesloph deqovem, ov xuamf ci hsiev vu lpux!

Emm nz opwitvnipv nupiz huit cedl opvu upi ug nz dassipv catopittit, tvesvoph e pix catopitt, us opvu uvjis qiuqmit catopitt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom