The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I scale my business?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Quis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 11, 2023
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

Last week I started a copywriting business on Instagram and decided that I wanted to write copy in the E-commerce niche. However, yesterday I had a consultant call and he told me I had to scale my business.

This was a bit of a shocker because I had just started and he already wanted me to scale my business without actual experience. I'm not afraid to scale my business, but I'm unsure how.

Any ideas?

My first plan was to reach about 100 followers to seem more legitimate to people and then start reaching out to small business owners. However, I need a new plan now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
How can you scale when you barely even know what you're doing yet?

Scale it one step at a time, as it makes sense to.

Once you have a repetitive system established, then you can think about plugging in people or tools to scale that.

I can't think of a worse industry to start a business in right now though. E-com copy writing is essentially being automated away now. All the copywriters I know with agencies, have cut 80% of their workforce in the last year.

Maybe there is a niche or sub-segment of customers that chatGPT or Shopify's built in AI-text-generation and other tools like it can't touch (maybe luxury or really story driven brands?), but otherwise "what e-com brand owners are willing to pay for copywriting" is a shrinking pie.

Quis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 11, 2023
Netherlands
How can you scale when you barely even know what you're doing yet?

Scale it one step at a time, as it makes sense to.

Once you have a repetitive system established, then you can think about plugging in people or tools to scale that.

I can't think of a worse industry to start a business in right now though. E-com copy writing is essentially being automated away now. All the copywriters I know with agencies, have cut 80% of their workforce in the last year.

Maybe there is a niche or sub-segment of customers that chatGPT or Shopify's built in AI-text-generation and other tools like it can't touch (maybe luxury or really story driven brands?), but otherwise "what e-com brand owners are willing to pay for copywriting" is a shrinking pie.
I didn't mean that I wanted to automate my business. I want to know how I can reach more people with my services. I might not want to continue with this business for a long time, but it's a great way to get a bit of money to start the real deal.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
yesterday I had a consultant call and he told me I had to scale my business.
Did that consultant call out of the blue? Did you already know them?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
you don't need to scale you need to actually just be in business and get some customers.

that's not "scaling".

Scaling is when you have customers and are making money and you're like "damn, I wish I could take on more work but I don't have the systems yet".

szalek

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jul 21, 2023
My first plan was to reach about 100 followers to seem more legitimate to people and then start reaching out to small business owners. However, I need a new plan now
the first thing to do is to focus on getting any clients. Having 10 people who will pay you at the beginning will be more valuable than one who pays a lot(finding that one client can take months). Another thing is the problem with B2B advertising is most people (including you) are convinced that followers on social media are an indicator of good business. Think about CUSTOMERS not FOLLOWERS. once you have instagram think about setting up a company account on FB and start FB and IG advertising, setting up a landing page where you will drive traffic from ads

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hello everyone,

Last week I started a copywriting business on Instagram and decided that I wanted to write copy in the E-commerce niche. However, yesterday I had a consultant call and he told me I had to scale my business.

This was a bit of a shocker because I had just started and he already wanted me to scale my business without actual experience. I'm not afraid to scale my business, but I'm unsure how.

Any ideas?

My first plan was to reach about 100 followers to seem more legitimate to people and then start reaching out to small business owners. However, I need a new plan now.
Hey Quis happy to hear about your business, if you really want to scale business Id recommend starting creating content around your business, reach out to very very small business who are just starting out and offer your service at a very minimal this will help you get client testimonials and get few new clients.
Once this is in this place you can plan on expending and scale your business.

Quis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 11, 2023
Netherlands
Did that consultant call out of the blue? Did you already know them?
Someone who worked for him contacted me after he saw my Instagram page. I did some research about the consultant and noticed he is the owner of a big tech company. During the call, I asked why he did it for free and he told me he doesn't do it for the money. He wants to help young businesses grow for future investment opportunities. I did not know him before, but he seemed legitimate.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone who worked for him contacted me after he saw my Instagram page. I did some research about the consultant and noticed he is the owner of a big tech company. During the call, I asked why he did it for free and he told me he doesn't do it for the money. He wants to help young businesses grow for future investment opportunities. I did not know him before, but he seemed legitimate.
A random person reached out after seeing your Instagram page and said you had to scale your business, and that makes you want to create a new plan? Maybe ignore them and get on with your original plan?

Quis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 11, 2023
Netherlands
A random person reached out after seeing your Instagram page and said you had to scale your business, and that makes you want to create a new plan? Maybe ignore them and get on with your original plan?
Sure, good plan! haha

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.