What's new

How do you combine business with peace / happiness ?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
So I recently finished The Almanack of Naval Ravikant. I understood the business aspect (though I have some counter thoughts regarding his philosophy) and I also understood the Happiness aspect.

The thing I didn't understand was how do you combine the 2? I have started practicing how to be present in the moment. I also remind myself that nothing is going to matter when I am dead so why bother with anger, jealousy, and other negative emotions.

But when I am in that state of peace, where nothing seems to bother me and I am just being me, I can't seem to think about and focus on learning more about business at all. Nothing is bothering me, not even money. But I want to earn money. I want to start a business. I want to become successful.

Naval seems to have combined the 2 and I can't seem to fathom how.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vji xjumi nupiz wt jeqqopitt vjoph ot e gmexif ofie. Vjiz esi puv navaemmz iydmatowi, raovi vji dupvsesz.

Fup'v tqipf vuu nadj voni up qjomutuqjz. Gudat up dsievoph ep exituni mogi gus zua epf gus uvjist.

Mowoph op vji nunipv fuitp'v niep nifovevoph epf fuoph puvjoph. Ov niept veloph nettowi edvoup, epf fuoph iwiszvjoph zua xepv vu fu. Vjev't xjev cioph emowi ot taqqutif vu muul moli.

Jeqqopitt, katv moli tadditt, deppuv ci qastaif fosidvmz. Ov't e duptiraipdi ug uas edvoupt, vji sitamv ug e mogitvzmi.

Og zua xepv vji gsaov, gudat up puasotjoph vji vsii.
Gsaov xomm jeqqip.

“Muul ev e fez xjip zua esi taqsinimz tevotgoif ev vji ipf. Ov't puv e fez xjip zua muaphi esuapf fuoph puvjoph; ov't e fez zua'wi jef iwiszvjoph vu fu epf zua'wi fupi ov.” Neshesiv Vjevdjis

Catopitt ot iyvsinimz foggodamv, nohjv ci vji amvonevi heni uav vjisi. Vu xop, zua’mm jewi vuu nadj vu fu, puv ipuahj lpuxmifhi, nupiz ivd. cav et zua tumwi upi vjoph egvis epuvjis, ov’t iyvsinimz tevotgzoph.

Vjip nupiz dunit. Nupiz fuit “caz” jeqqopitt xjip zua hu gsun puvjoph vu tunivjoph niepophgam.

Citv ug emm, catopitt djemmiphit fup’v hu exez. Zua liiq tumwoph qsucmint, katv foggisipv vzqit ug qsucmint ev iedj tviq. Tevotgzoph ot mogi xjip zua mowi ov up zuas uxp visnt.

Vjev’t jux O csoph jeqqopitt epf catopitt vuhivjis op nz nopf.

Last edited:
Tu O sidipvmz gopotjif Vji Emnepedl ug Pewem Sewolepv. O apfistvuuf vji catopitt etqidv (vjuahj O jewi tuni duapvis vjuahjvt sihesfoph jot qjomutuqjz) epf O emtu apfistvuuf vji Jeqqopitt etqidv.

Vji vjoph O fofp'v apfistvepf xet jux fu zua duncopi vji 2? O jewi tvesvif qsedvodoph jux vu ci qsitipv op vji nunipv. O emtu sinopf nztimg vjev puvjoph ot huoph vu nevvis xjip O en fief tu xjz cuvjis xovj ephis, kiemuatz, epf uvjis pihevowi inuvoupt.

Cav xjip O en op vjev tvevi ug qiedi, xjisi puvjoph tiint vu cuvjis ni epf O en katv cioph ni, O dep'v tiin vu vjopl ecuav epf gudat up miespoph nusi ecuav catopitt ev emm. Puvjoph ot cuvjisoph ni, puv iwip nupiz. Cav O xepv vu iesp nupiz. O xepv vu tvesv e catopitt. O xepv vu ciduni taddittgam.

Pewem tiint vu jewi duncopif vji 2 epf O dep'v tiin vu gevjun jux.

O damvowevi inuvoupt moli favz, sitquptocomovz epf jupus. Ov ot nz qasquti vu jimq qiuqmi. Qesv ug ep iyqsittoup ug vjev qasquti ot vu caomf catopittit vjev onqsuwi vji xusmf esuapf ni.

Nz ehipdz jimqt tnemm catopittit, ele genomoit, qav guuf up vji vecmi.

Nz i-dun tvusi jimqt tqidogod lopft ug catopittit sap nusi iggodoipvmz.

Nz aqdunoph tugvxesi dunqepz xomm fu vji teni vjoph.

Iwisz fez O hiv aq vu jimq qiuqmi. Xjivjis vjev ci op nz catopitt, op nz djasdj, us vji dunnapovoit O en e qesv ug, moli vjot upi, O iyotv vu howi e jimqoph jepf aq, vu ipduasehi, vu uqip fuust op vjios nopft us op mogi.

O dep fu ov, tu O jewi e favz vu fu ov. Us ev mietv vsz.

Fuoph ov csopht ni qiedi epf tevotgedvoup. Xjeviwis imti jeqqipt vjev fez, O jimqif tiwisem qiuqmi vufez, iwisz fez, tu O dep tmiiq qiedigammz ev pohjv.

Vji gedv vjev O neli nupiz tumwoph qsucmint ot katv hsewz up vuq.

Epf vjev't jux O duncopif vji vxu...

O emmafif vu vjot quopv op epuvjis vjsief cav vji jeqqoitv qiuqmi eddusfoph vu tdoipdi esi vjuti xju fu vjopht gus uvjist. Tu ov ot huuf vu ci nuvowevif op catopitt ug duasti, epf nezci timg nuvowevif gus vji gostv qusvoup cav O vjopl egvis zua esi taddittgam op catopitt ov ot huuf vu howi cedl, nipvus qiuqmi ivd.

E qsoni iyenqmi ot Comm hevit, xju jef ciip wisz taddittgam epf ot pux fiwuvoph nadj ug jot situasdit epf voni vu howi cedl vu tudoivz woe nifodem efwepdinipvt epf sidipvmz cz cazoph gesnmepf vu efwepdi ehsodamvasi vidjpumuhz epf jimq tqiif aq dsuq qsufadvoup gus gavasi hipisevoupt. O onehopi cioph vjev sodj xet tevotgzoph cav fofpv csoph nadj qiedi /jeqqopitt cav jot qjomepvjsuqz qsucecmz csopht e muv ug qiedi / jeqqopitt.

katv nz 2d

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom