How do you feel about Kickstarter campaigns? Myself, I think this website provides an extremely powerful approach on getting your product off the ground. The model is amazing, and websites like Kickstarter and IndieGogo have funded some extremely successful products to date such as the Pebble Smartwatch, the iPad Brydge, the Ridge wallet, and the Lumoback just to name a few. I know this is nothing new but if you haven't checked out the site and maybe even pledged for a few rewards, I would highly recommend doing so.
This post arose because I am planning on launching a Kickstarter campaign for my product very soon. Some questions:
1. Do you think there are better times than others to campaign? Ie January vs February.
2. On Kickstarter, you can choose from a 30-60 day campaign. Are there benefits either way? I have heard people saying if you do a 60 day campaign, it shows less faith in your product.
3. Obviously to be successful on Kickstarter, you need to market market MARKET your campaign and product before hand. I am making a website, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, and plan on going to some relevant bloggers in the niche and asking (paying?) them to write about it. Any other ideas regarding how to market a Kickstarter?
4. Any tips on how to get your Kickstarter campaign onto either the "Staff-Picks" or the "Hot this week" sections? Those two provide the most visibility to people I believe.
Any other information would be appreciated as well as experiances (negative or positive) from anyone who's run a campaign.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
This post arose because I am planning on launching a Kickstarter campaign for my product very soon. Some questions:
1. Do you think there are better times than others to campaign? Ie January vs February.
2. On Kickstarter, you can choose from a 30-60 day campaign. Are there benefits either way? I have heard people saying if you do a 60 day campaign, it shows less faith in your product.
3. Obviously to be successful on Kickstarter, you need to market market MARKET your campaign and product before hand. I am making a website, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, and plan on going to some relevant bloggers in the niche and asking (paying?) them to write about it. Any other ideas regarding how to market a Kickstarter?
4. Any tips on how to get your Kickstarter campaign onto either the "Staff-Picks" or the "Hot this week" sections? Those two provide the most visibility to people I believe.
Any other information would be appreciated as well as experiances (negative or positive) from anyone who's run a campaign.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
