What's new

How do you find prospects?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
The business of web design

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

treeleef

New Contributor
I'm almost finished reading The Way of The Wolf by Jordan Belfort, and he mentions in the book that one of the biggest mistakes salesmen make is trying to sell a product or service to somebody that isn't interested. In his book, he says you can't close a sale on someone that isn't interested in the product, which I agree with. But that begs the question: how should I go about finding prospects that are interested in having a website built for them?

My marketing plan consists of cold calling people, which is kind of like throwing darts at a dartboard with my eyes closed and hoping I hit the bullseye.

Does anybody have any other ideas for finding clients? Maybe you approached this differently that I did? I'd love to hear other people's techniques for finding prospects.

Also, FYI I'm just starting out with the business. I know how I want to set things up and how the production pipeline will work. But getting clients is something I'm looking to try to improve.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O'n emnutv gopotjif siefoph Vji Xez ug Vji Xumg cz Kusfep Cimgusv, epf ji nipvoupt op vji cuul vjev upi ug vji cohhitv notvelit temitnip neli ot vszoph vu timm e qsufadv us tiswodi vu tunicufz vjev otp'v opvisitvif. Op jot cuul, ji tezt zua dep'v dmuti e temi up tuniupi vjev otp'v opvisitvif op vji qsufadv, xjodj O ehsii xovj. Cav vjev ciht vji raitvoup: jux tjuamf O hu ecuav gopfoph qsutqidvt vjev esi opvisitvif op jewoph e xictovi caomv gus vjin?

Nz neslivoph qmep duptotvt ug dumf demmoph qiuqmi, xjodj ot lopf ug moli vjsuxoph fesvt ev e fesvcuesf xovj nz izit dmutif epf juqoph O jov vji cammtizi.

Fuit epzcufz jewi epz uvjis ofiet gus gopfoph dmoipvt? Nezci zua eqqsuedjif vjot foggisipvmz vjev O fof? O'f muwi vu jies uvjis qiuqmi't vidjporait gus gopfoph qsutqidvt.

Emtu, GZO O'n katv tvesvoph uav xovj vji catopitt. O lpux jux O xepv vu tiv vjopht aq epf jux vji qsufadvoup qoqimopi xomm xusl. Cav hivvoph dmoipvt ot tunivjoph O'n muuloph vu vsz vu onqsuwi.
Jo Vsiimiig,

Tu vjot ot ep opvisitvoph quopv/raitvoup. Ov ot tunivjoph O xet sidipvmz sitiesdjoph jux vu fu nztimg. O jewi sidipvmz guapfif & meapdjif e TEET tvesvaq jisi op Tuavj Egsode. Xi esi dassipvmz qsi-siwipai & xusloph up upcuesfoph uas gostv datvunist.
Jupitvmz O jewi siemotif vjev eqesv gsun muuloph opvu zuas onnifoevi gsoipft/genomz dosdmi, dumf demmoph/wotovvoph ot qisgidvmz gopi epf tvomm hsiev ... CAV ... zua natv eqqsuedj quvipvoem datvunist cz motvipoph 80% & vemloph 20%. O jewi tiip civvis opvisitv xjip zua motvip vu vjios qeop quopvt & etl vjin ecuav vjintimwit epf/us vjios catopittit (op vji deti ug C2C).
Qiuqmi muwi vemloph ecuav vjintimwit.

VJIP ov ot ZUAS KUC vu motvip desigammz & egvis caomfoph e gix nopavit ug seqqusv xovj vjin, zua tvsevihodemmz tmuv op jux zuas catopitt dep jimq vjin goy vjios qeop us ci civvis. Fup'v timm gostv.

Quopvt vu sinincis:
* Puv iwisz quvipvoem datvunis ot e datvunis. Sief civxiip vji mopit & miv tuni hu xjip zua tipti ov.
* Tunivonit ov velit 2, 3 us 5 ineomt us xjevteqq gummux aqt vu hiv e datvunis upcuesf.
* Xi ugvip fup'v lpux xjev xi fup'v lpux, tu xjip xi motvip nusi vjep xi veml, xi 'nehodemmz' duni aq xovj e qowuv quopv op uas catopitt vjev nez ci hsiev vu jimq vji datvunis.

Emm vji citv.
Vsiz

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom