• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

MINDSET How I overcame my mental blockades (communication,sport,…,…)

Anything related to matters of the mind

AdrianW1807

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
60%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Today I wanna talk about a very important topic for myself : Mental Blocks.

And how I managed to overcome them.

Chat Gpt (not really reliable but a rough number for my post is important) says 1 from 4 people struggles with mental blockades in their course of their lives.

When I joined the forum, there was a display that there are over 90.000 People in the forum.
So this means here are 22.500 people (probably more) who struggled or are still struggling with mental blockades.

I will give you my top 3 that have helped me overcome this blockades

Let's start with the topic communication where I also had a mental block

Some people just don’t know what to talk about (they are not shy, but they just don't know what to talk about)
With their families they can talk like a waterfall and with their closest friend they can also talk like they want.

But when there are more people and people they don’t know they have this kind of block, which prevents them from showing their personality and building a new connection

Others describe them as quiet or shy (also when they are sitting next to them)

To describe this topic to people who cant relate : Its like a prison in your mind – where youre starting to constantly think – oh what can I talk about, when you are in a situation like that.

Other thoughts like : They think I'm weird, I'm so quiet
Just a bunch of negative thoughts

Yep and to those who can relate – don’t worry you are going to fix this ( I overcame it also, so why not you too)

Small info the top 3 can of course be applied to any kind of blockage, I just wanted to give the example with the topic of communication, because I also had problems with it.

And when you scroll through social media, there are a lot of people who have this exact problem, so probably here are also some people with this problem.

The Top 3 ( I used)

Okay I read a lot of books, because I finally decided to overcome it, because it hold me down and I wanted to grow.
But did this books help : No not really, always one chapter was useful sometimes.

So I was like come on I don’t wanna hears this same fuc…. Shit again :
“So your first step is to go to a random person and start talking”
Wow thank you for sharing this “legend” hint authors.

So I sat down and did a lot of research myself and came across the word mental blocks for the first time.

Before that I always thought it was a communication problem.

Again to the authors: Sorry but all these authors just don't seem to have a clue, as Marco said in Millionaire Fastlane : These authors know that you can make a lot of money in a field like this

So here are my magic top 3 that helped me. I am going to use communication as the example.

Top 3

(3)
Look in the mirror, look yourself in the eye and say affirmations to yourself

Affirmations are so powerful, and you guys probably know what affirmations are.
If not do your research about them.

I don’t know whats the name of the guy who talked about this technique and the technique isn’t really known.
This guy had like 2000 Followers and looked like a Disney connected to a roleyplay Wizard.

This technique already helped me to overcome my communication problem: Yes its actually that easy.

To go in detail :
The next time you are in such a situation : Your mind wont overreact subconsciously, your chill, what you are thinking is like : Okay how could I panic.
And a chill relaxed mind in useful stressful situations is the key.

Hey and know you can use the “legend” hint from all the authors.

Go to random people and start talking.

Yep just from doing this technique for like 5 days I overcame this mental block which held me down for so long.
I feel free from this prison and a good communication skill is useful in every situation in your life.

For example : The kebab shop in a near village to my village , other clients just walk in order and walk out.

Now I think like for 2 secs, what can I say first. Then I just start talking. And once you begin to talk no matter what you say your opposite will answer.
And then you don’t think anymore your just in the flow of talking.

(I go there probably 1 time per month, always free drinks and a good talk with a now good friend)

1. Use this technique
2. Talk to persons you encounter – when you are shopping, the cashier, random dude next to you, and so on
3. Feel the freeness of releasing a mental block
4. Get in the flow

Thank you Disney wizard looking dude from Tik Tok.

(2)
The Swish Methode

This Methode is definitely more known than the Mirror Technique.

Chat Gpt gives you a boring Methode for using Swish, there are many but I’m going to give you a cool Methode.

And remember these things are useful for any kind of mental blocks.

It’s a visualizing technique so lets start :

1. Visualize a film screen in your visualizing field
2. The film starts to play , the situation you want to change (which is holding you down)
3. So right now its full screen, split the film into half that there is 50% black screen and 50% your situation which you want to change
4. So the 50% black screen you are using for the other situation : The same situation as you would wish it to be
5. So you have two films that are playing
6. So know you put the situation as you would wish it to be behind the current situation
7. Make it full screen again 100% current situation and 100% the perfect situation (but it hides behind the current.
8. So now you let the current situation play till the point where you want to change it and then you let the perfect Situation replace the current outcome, like a canon with a big boom shooting before the current situation and you let the wish it to be situation play and say Swish in your mind
9. Repeat it 5x

Trust me this is a banger and also helped me for another mental block

(1)
Last but not least my favorite methode which helped me to get rid of a mental block playing tennis.
Tennis a very hard minded game.
I developed a mental block out of nowhere and it was killing me.
I did everything I could to remove it and I succeeded.
Briefly about my situation :

Whenever the ball came up on my field and I was about to hit it - a subconscious thought came shooting up

I did my research and I found something new:

Self Hypnosis

Self Hypnosis is crazy. But I didn’t know how to make a self hypnosis.

But I knew someone out there is offering a audio file with a self hypnosis.

After some research I found what I wanted to find.

I fall asleep every time I listen to this audio. Okay I also modified it with suggestion I say to myself because I always fall asleep . When I cant sleep I listen to it.

This was like a gamechanger in every aspect. It brought me to making my own mediation daily track and it just feels great.

Its like my ritual for the end of the day.
And this is where I plan my morning for the next day.
And fall asleep very fast.

Please do your own research about self hypnosis

Thank you for reading! Yesterday when I went to sleep, I thought about making a post with more effort than my posts before.

A topic where I can help others. So I hope you enjoyed the reading and I hope I was able to help people with this post.

Im from Germany please ignore my grammatical mistakes :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
You can just get a customer service job or sales job that will give you all the practice you want.

Also you can practice with taxi driver. It’s easier to talk to people who want to talk. 90 percent of them do.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back