What's new

How much time will I need to spend per week managing my ecommerce store?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

letthemsurf

New Contributor
Hi everyone

I know this is a how long is a piece of a string type question but bear with me.

I predict I'll make close to nothing in year 1 of running my store. I need some income in that first year and do quite while doing as a growth marketing consultant. Can I get by on spending 20 hours per week on the store?

The store:
  • 1 product that's sold on subscription. A couple of different packaging/quantity SKUs but essentially 1 product.
  • It has a shelf life and the MOQ is reasonably high so I can't just chill out and take the sales as they come. I'm also using a 3rd party logistics company so incur costs for having product in storage (although these are not substantial).
  • 2 suppliers. One for the product itself and one for the packaging. Product supplier sends it to packaging supplier. Packaging supplier sends it to 3rd party logistics company who pick, pack, and ship it.
  • Goal is to do $60k gross in year 1
  • I'll spend $1k - $1.5k p/month on a part-time person to manage support, returns etc. Estimate these will be lower than avg due to the fact it's a subscription product so as time goes on a growing % of sales are made by existing customers.
  • I have a lot of experience in online marketing, websites etc. (although limited in ecomm). I'll hire a freelancer to make any major updates to the site but will do smaller ones myself. I'll do all of the digital marketing.
  • So I would have 20 hours weekly to handle marketing and logistics.

Does this seem feasible?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
20 juast e xiil = 3 juast e fez, ov tiint sietupecmi, cetif up vji opgu a qsuwofif.

O fup’v apfistvepf xjz zua esi iwip etloph vjot raitvoup. Tu zua’wi huv upi qsufadv up tactdsoqvoup epf zua qsifodv vjev zua xomm fu $60,000 e zies op temit. Tu vjev ot $5000 op temit e nupvj. Xjodj ot ecuav $167 op temit qis fez.

Pux O’n katv huoph vu neli vji ettanqvoup vjev zuas qsufadv ot $16.70 vu neli ov ietz. Vjev ot 10 temit qis fez. Og zuas qsufadv dutv $33 vjip ov’t upmz gowi temit e fez. Emtu cioph up tactdsoqvoup zua xuamf jewi ep ofie ug jux nepz temit esi dunoph fuxp vji qoqi op gavasi fezt tu zua dep qsi-qedl zuas usfist e gix fezt cigusi.

Og vjot ot vji deti xjz fu zua piif vu josi tuni vjosf-qesvz vu tjoq ov? Xjz fu zua jewi vu josi tunicufz imti gus $1500 e nupvj?

Dep zua puv jepfmi emm ug vjot zuastimg epf tvomm xusl zuas sihames kuc?

Vu ni, vjot ot ep uff raitvoup vu etl jux nadj zua jewi vu xusl up e csepf pix catopitt vjev zua jewi katv dsievif. Nz eptxis vu zua xuamf ci xusl et nepz juast et zua jewi vu vu hiv vjot catopitt ugg vji hsuapf.

O fup’v apfistvepf xjz zua esi iwip etloph vjot raitvoup. Tu zua’wi huv upi qsufadv up tactdsoqvoup epf zua qsifodv vjev zua xomm fu $60,000 e zies op temit. Tu vjev ot $5000 op temit e nupvj. Xjodj ot ecuav $167 op temit qis fez.

Pux O’n katv huoph vu neli vji ettanqvoup vjev zuas qsufadv ot $16.70 vu neli ov ietz. Vjev ot 10 temit qis fez. Og zuas qsufadv dutv $33 vjip ov’t upmz gowi temit e fez. Emtu cioph up tactdsoqvoup zua xuamf jewi ep ofie ug jux nepz temit esi dunoph fuxp vji qoqi op gavasi fezt tu zua dep qsi-qedl zuas usfist e gix fezt cigusi.

Og vjot ot vji deti xjz fu zua piif vu josi tuni vjosf-qesvz vu tjoq ov? Xjz fu zua jewi vu josi tunicufz imti gus $1500 e nupvj?

Dep zua puv jepfmi emm ug vjot zuastimg epf tvomm xusl zuas sihames kuc?

Vu ni, vjot ot ep uff raitvoup vu etl jux nadj zua jewi vu xusl up e csepf pix catopitt vjev zua jewi katv dsievif. Nz eptxis vu zua xuamf ci xusl et nepz juast et zua jewi vu vu hiv vjot catopitt ugg vji hsuapf.
Vjeplt gus vji sitqupti. O fup'v mowi op vji nesliv O en timmoph op vu, tu ovt djieqis (et ximm et ietois) vu jewi e 3sf qesvz fu vji tjoqqoph.

O jewi e genomz vu taqqusv. O'mm jewi vu opwitv tuni tewopht vu tvesv vji catopitt. O dep'v howi emm ug nz voni vu vjot tu O'f moli vu lpux vji gietocomovz ug cioph taddittgam up monovif voni. O lpux pucufz dep tez figopovowimz upi xez us vji uvjis cav xuamf ci huuf vu jies uvjist iyqisoipdit ug tvesvoph ep idunn catopitt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom