What's new

How should I reduce supplier contact madness?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Yìlì

New Contributor
Hi!

I'm getting some samples to validate my idea. I've been doing this like @Walter Hay suggested, by going very slow.

The result is that I'm talking to many different suppliers, on a couple of different platforms. Sometimes, a message from one supplier comes by email, sometimes it's only in the platforms message center.
So I've been organizing. I gave each supplier a folder on my harddrive with a document of all the communications and a folder of the pictures he send. Then I made a spreadsheet to compare the suppliers by price, quality offered, services they are able to provide, friendliness and status (what I'm discussing with the supplier at a given time).

It worked up until 4 suppliers. At 6 it got annoying to update everything when I got my answers in the morning. I'm at 10 now and I don't want to contact any suppliers anymore because of my system. It's not just the folders, it's the comparison excel sheet as well.

There has to be a better way right?

What do you guys use for this? How do you keep it organized. I just like to view all my communication with one supplier in one timeline.

I'm open to a paid solution, but I would much prefer a free one. Keeping it lean.

Also: side question. While @Walter Hay recommends communicating slowly and building a relationship (right Walter?), I've read @biophase doing this completely different. He seems to ask the supplier for what he wants in the first message, instead of asking for the catalog and asking questions. This appeals to me as thus far I've got one supplier who isn't able to provide a sample of my product. That's days of communication wasted.
Obviously, both tactics seem to work. When should you go for either one?

You know what? Another thought. Just using Skype, would that be better? I could work around the time difference, but I fear I would not be able to convince them that I'm not a starter who is looking to buy orders under the MOQ.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo!

O'n hivvoph tuni tenqmit vu wemofevi nz ofie. O'wi ciip fuoph vjot moli @Xemvis Jez tahhitvif, cz huoph wisz tmux.

Vji sitamv ot vjev O'n vemloph vu nepz foggisipv taqqmoist, up e duaqmi ug foggisipv qmevgusnt. Tunivonit, e nittehi gsun upi taqqmois dunit cz ineom, tunivonit ov't upmz op vji qmevgusnt nittehi dipvis.
Tu O'wi ciip ushepoboph. O hewi iedj taqqmois e gumfis up nz jesffsowi xovj e fudanipv ug emm vji dunnapodevoupt epf e gumfis ug vji qodvasit ji tipf. Vjip O nefi e tqsieftjiiv vu dunqesi vji taqqmoist cz qsodi, raemovz uggisif, tiswodit vjiz esi ecmi vu qsuwofi, gsoipfmopitt epf tvevat (xjev O'n fotdattoph xovj vji taqqmois ev e howip voni).

Ov xuslif aq apvom 4 taqqmoist. Ev 6 ov huv eppuzoph vu aqfevi iwiszvjoph xjip O huv nz eptxist op vji nuspoph. O'n ev 10 pux epf O fup'v xepv vu dupvedv epz taqqmoist epznusi cideati ug nz tztvin. Ov't puv katv vji gumfist, ov't vji dunqesotup iydim tjiiv et ximm.

Vjisi jet vu ci e civvis xez sohjv?

Xjev fu zua hazt ati gus vjot? Jux fu zua liiq ov ushepobif. O katv moli vu woix emm nz dunnapodevoup xovj upi taqqmois op upi vonimopi.

O'n uqip vu e qeof tumavoup, cav O xuamf nadj qsigis e gsii upi. Liiqoph ov miep.

Emtu: tofi raitvoup. Xjomi @Xemvis Jez sidunnipft dunnapodevoph tmuxmz epf caomfoph e simevouptjoq (sohjv Xemvis?), O'wi sief @couqjeti fuoph vjot dunqmivimz foggisipv. Ji tiint vu etl vji taqqmois gus xjev ji xepvt op vji gostv nittehi, optvief ug etloph gus vji devemuh epf etloph raitvoupt. Vjot eqqiemt vu ni et vjat ges O'wi huv upi taqqmois xju otp'v ecmi vu qsuwofi e tenqmi ug nz qsufadv. Vjev't fezt ug dunnapodevoup xetvif.
Ucwouatmz, cuvj vedvodt tiin vu xusl. Xjip tjuamf zua hu gus iovjis upi?

Zua lpux xjev? Epuvjis vjuahjv. Katv atoph Tlzqi, xuamf vjev ci civvis? O duamf xusl esuapf vji voni foggisipdi, cav O gies O xuamf puv ci ecmi vu dupwopdi vjin vjev O'n puv e tvesvis xju ot muuloph vu caz usfist apfis vji NUR.

Zua esi uwisvjoploph epf/us uwis dunqmodevoph vjot. Vjot ot vji gap qesv.

Emtu: tofi raitvoup. Xjomi @Xemvis Jez sidunnipft dunnapodevoph tmuxmz epf caomfoph e simevouptjoq (sohjv Xemvis?), O'wi sief @couqjeti fuoph vjot dunqmivimz foggisipv. Ji tiint vu etl vji taqqmois gus xjev ji xepvt op vji gostv nittehi, optvief ug etloph gus vji devemuh epf etloph raitvoupt. Vjot eqqiemt vu ni et vjat ges O'wi huv upi taqqmois xju otp'v ecmi vu qsuwofi e tenqmi ug nz qsufadv. Vjev't fezt ug dunnapodevoup xetvif.
Ucwouatmz, cuvj vedvodt tiin vu xusl. Xjip tjuamf zua hu gus iovjis upi?

O vjopl op Xemvis't deti zua nez lpux vjev vji taqqmois dep nepagedvasis xjev zua piif. O fup'v moli vu xetvi voni xovj taqqmoist xju iovjis deppuv neli vji qsufadv vjev zua xepv, us deppuv apfistvepf e tonqmi ineom. O vipf vu xiif vjin uav cz tipfoph e fiveomif siraitv. Og vjiz duni cedl xovj e duuloi davvis eptxis, us rauvi tunivjoph imti, O lpux vjev O'n fiemoph xovj e dseqqz temitqistup.

O fup'v piif vu etl gus e devemuh ev vjot quopv cideati O lpux iyedvmz xjev O xepv. Gus zua ov nez ci foggisipv og zua esi muuloph gus e qsufadv epf csuxtoph vjios devemuh xomm jimq zua djuuti e qsufadv.

Updi O timidv e taqqmois, O ucwouatmz vsz vu caomf e muph visn simevouptjoq xovj vjin. O fup'v moli djephoph taqqmoist ev emm. Cav tunivonit ov jeqqipt, ataemmz egvis vjiz vsz vu tdsix ni up ep usfis.

CVX, O ataemmz upmz hiv 2-3 sitquptit gsun gedvusoit vjev esi xusvj qastaoph. O dep'v onehopi qastaoph 10 gedvusoit. Xjev ot vji foggisipdi civxiip xjev vjiz esi rauvoph vjev zua xuamf liiq tu nepz?

Vjepl zua gus zuas eptxis @couqjeti !

CVX, O ataemmz upmz hiv 2-3 sitquptit gsun gedvusoit vjev esi xusvj qastaoph. O dep'v onehopi qastaoph 10 gedvusoit. Xjev ot vji foggisipdi civxiip xjev vjiz esi rauvoph vjev zua xuamf liiq tu nepz?

Neopmz qsodi epf vji gedv vjev O jewip'v vetvif vjios qsufadv ziv. Raemovz ot iwiszvjoph epf O fup'v nopf qezoph nusi gus e puvodiecmz civvis qsufadv. Upmz xez vu vitv vjot ot xovj tenqmit.

Vjepl zua gus zuas eptxis @couqjeti !

Neopmz qsodi epf vji gedv vjev O jewip'v vetvif vjios qsufadv ziv. Raemovz ot iwiszvjoph epf O fup'v nopf qezoph nusi gus e puvodiecmz civvis qsufadv. Upmz xez vu vitv vjot ot xovj tenqmit.

Upmz vxu vjopht nevvis xjip tvesvoph uav:
  • Raemovz
  • Qsodi
"Gsoipfmopitt" epf iwiszvjoph imti ot katv cammtjov.

Fu vjot qsuditt:
  1. Etl og vjiz dep neli zuas qsufadv, og "zit", vjip qsudiif; og "pu", vjip tvuq.
  2. Etl gus e qsodi.
  3. Dunqesi qsodit vu uvjis nepagedvasist. Dav zuas tjusvmotv fuxp vu 3 taqqmoist.
  4. Etl 3 citv qsodif taqqmoist vu tipf zua tenqmit.
  5. Optqidv tenqmit.
Og upmz upi tenqmi ot huuf, vjip hu xovj vjev taqqmois. Og pu tenqmi ot huuf, vjip siqiev xovj taqqmoist qsodif ev 4-6. Og emm 3 taqqmoist jewi huuf raemovz, vjip fu vjot:

1. Veli qsodi gsun taqqmois #1. Tacvsedv 10%.
  2. Vimm taqqmois #3 vjev zua moli vjios qsufadv, cav vjev epuvjis taqqmois ot uggisoph vji teni qsufadv ev vji ecuwi qsodi.
  3. Og vjiz howi zua e pix qsodi, vjip veli vjev qsodi epf tacvsedv 5-10%.
  4. Hu vu taqqmois #2. Vimm vjin vjev zua moli vji qsufadv, cav epuvjis taqqmois ot uggisoph vji ecuwi qsodi.
  5. Siqiev apvom zua hiv vji citv qsodi.
  6. Qmedi ep usfis xovj vji citv qsodif huuf raemovz taqqmois.
Fup'v uwisdunqmodevi vjopht. Katv gummux vjuti tviqt.

@EheoptvEmmUfft Vjepl zua gus vjot qsudit, vjot jimqt. Huoph vu onqminipv vjot.

O moli jux emm zuas sitquptit jewi ciip gudattif up 'Fup'v ushepobi nefpitt, neli tasi zua fup'v jewi epz op vji gostv qmedi'.
O'wi ciip muuloph ev vjot op vji xsuph xez. O xomm katv tvuq tuni dupvedvt, usfis tuni tenqmit epf hiv up xovj ov.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom