The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Automate Your Instagram Account

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
AMA: "I automate accounts on Instagram in the thousands."

I've grown multiple accounts on Instagram to thousands of followers.

Mainly for fun, but also sometimes for business.

It's a crazy platform with an underworld many don't know about.

I constantly get asked questions based on...
...automating accounts
...marketing on Instagram
...how to find free content
...and other IG jumbo.

Old threads are obsolete from their original owners.
I decided to open an AMA.
Ask anything you want to know.

Disclaimer: I don't make bank off Instagram, nor do I even try to sell 'services' such as shoutouts on it. However, I know how to.

If you want to learn how to automate, start with this video I made

The video is for beginners but is a foundation to getting started.

Automation program: www.followliker.com

Would you be interested?

I'm going to look at doing a follow along series where I start a brand new account and show you how I grow it. I would show you my niche research from ground zero, automation, content finding and weekly progress on the account.

Let me know if you want to see this. I feel like it will cover most points I teach.

OH, and ask away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Twopro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 28, 2014
Texas
I've been running follow liker for a few weeks now and it doesn't seem to work too well when I follow and unfollow at the same time. I'm also using a range similar to yours 450-550 for both follow and unfollow, but sometimes the accounts get temporary follow/unfollow bans. Does that happen to you?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
I've been running follow liker for a few weeks now and it doesn't seem to work too well when I follow and unfollow at the same time. I'm also using a range similar to yours 450-550 for both follow and unfollow, but sometimes the accounts get temporary follow/unfollow bans. Does that happen to you?

Never had bans on following.

It's most likely due to your account being new.
Or you are un/following too many people an hour. Maybe slow down the automation time.

You need to ease in to the settings slowly building them up as the account ages.

Instagram recently has got more strict on automating. You wan't to appear as human like as you can.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
It sounds like you manually grab all your photos. Do you ever find it viable to scrape and reuse scraped photos just for the sake of automation, or is this always a no go?

Twopro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 28, 2014
Texas
Never had bans on following.

It's most likely due to your account being new.
Or you are un/following too many people an hour. Maybe slow down the automation time.

You need to ease in to the settings slowly building them up as the account ages.

Instagram recently has got more strict on automating. You wan't to appear as human like as you can.

I see, I did start a bit aggressive when the accounts were new maybe following 250-400 a day as the default settings. They are currently 3-4 weeks old. Just tweaked the settings a bit as I was running it 24/7. Maybe running a more normal time a real person is awake might help. Thanks

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
It sounds like you manually grab all your photos. Do you ever find it viable to scrape and reuse scraped photos just for the sake of automation, or is this always a no go?

I'm generally scraping for a lot of accounts. Using IFTTT.com + Dropbox is a huge time saver.

For larger accounts I like to grab images off the web to make my account more unique.
A great website is weheartit.com for finding cool images especially if your account targets females.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You post images manually correct? If I'm not mistaken, I heard a whole ago that engagement is killed by using post automation, and it makes sense

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
You post images manually correct? If I'm not mistaken, I heard a whole ago that engagement is killed by using post automation, and it makes sense

I would agree 100% that automating posts kills your engagement.

However, I still automate my posts - I just ensure the captions are different for each image.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
If you have say 10 accounts. You put 3 accounts to 1 proxy. Now, to log onto these accounts to respond to messages, is it okay to log onto these accounts through your phone and respond to comments or will Instagram flag you for using to many accounts through your phone?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
If you have say 10 accounts. You put 3 accounts to 1 proxy. Now, to log onto these accounts to respond to messages, is it okay to log onto these accounts through your phone and respond to comments or will Instagram flag you for using to many accounts through your phone?

It could cause issues and potentially flag you.

EG. If you're in New York and your proxy is in Atlanta - they may question how you access the account from different locations so quickly.

But at the same time, you could say its a shared business account. I'm unaware of account sharing terms so you may need to look in to that.

When you get proxies you may want to look at getting them located to your area if your service provides them.

Boozoon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 4, 2015
For anyone thinking of getting Aaron's courses on Instagram:

I have myself bought them instantly after he was kind enough to answer some questions and even give recommendations via pm.

Without boring you down with details, here are the benefits of the courses:
  • you save LOTS of time. Especially if you decided to buy followliker, you will be scratching your head how this sh!t works. Yeah, you can read the manual. Yeah there are guides. But here is a question, how much does your time cost? If 1 hour costs more than $20 and you spend 2+ hours trying to figure this shit out, isn't buying the course a better investment?
  • nifty little tools and examples. LOVED the suggestion for ifttt.com and I have it already saving tonz of sexy female models valuable pics for my future accounts.
  • you get access to Aaron who has done it hundreds of times. The gates of Instagram Marketing via followliker were openened by jimd, but for good or for bad he is no longer around. Shit will happen. You will need someone to give you a solid piece of advice without banging your head on the wall.
So in short, if you are thinking of using Instagram for you marketing plans, Aaron's courses are pretty good tool in your toolset.

That's my honest opinion.

P.S. Ever bought an Udemy course where the retarded instructor wastes 5+ videos talking about useless stuff? Well, Aaron doesn't do that. He dives right into what's important.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Hi Aaron!

I currently have 19k followers on my business account. (fitness niche)

Any tips on how I could grow this page? Right now only thing I'n doing is manually follow/unfollowing people, which gets me around 100 followers per day.

I've tried to funnel people to my landing page where I give a lead magnet but probably gotten like total of 1+ opt ins..

How could I get this thing working?

Thanks. :)

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
Hey thanks a ton for that information in your video tutorial. I got my followliker runningwell because you. Thanks again.

BlahBlahBlah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 9, 2015
Ireland
Is quality of content really important? The way I see it (I may be wrong) is that quantity >>>>> quality. Picture quality can always be improved later once we have reached a large number of followers and is time to monetize, but until then is it really worth spending time searching for fancy pictures rather than just taking them from someone else and mentioning the poster?
Of course if you have a business page it is a whole different story and you need to look after it properly.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Is quality of content really important? The way I see it (I may be wrong) is that quantity >>>>> quality. Picture quality can always be improved later once we have reached a large number of followers and is time to monetize, but until then is it really worth spending time searching for fancy pictures rather than just taking them from someone else and mentioning the poster?
Of course if you have a business page it is a whole different story and you need to look after it properly.

Focus on quality rather than quantity. On top of that, try to post on average 2-3 times a day ad you need to be consistent for both the quantity & quantity (daily) for you to be able to attract people to your page.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
AMA: "I automate accounts on Instagram in the thousands."

I've grown multiple accounts on Instagram to thousands of followers.

Mainly for fun, but also sometimes for business.

It's a crazy platform with an underworld many don't know about.

I constantly get asked questions based on...
...automating accounts
...marketing on Instagram
...how to find free content
...and other IG jumbo.

Old threads are obsolete from their original owners.
I decided to open an AMA.
Ask anything you want to know.

Disclaimer: I don't make bank off Instagram, nor do I even try to sell 'services' such as shoutouts on it. However, I know how to.

If you want to learn how to automate, start with this video I made

The video is for beginners but is a foundation to getting started.

Automation program: www.followliker.com

Would you be interested?

I'm going to look at doing a follow along series where I start a brand new account and show you how I grow it. I would show you my niche research from ground zero, automation, content finding and weekly progress on the account.

Let me know if you want to see this. I feel like it will cover most points I teach.

OH, and ask away.

I find people I know are not using social media accounts as often anymore. one reason is little value is shared. Knowing how politicians , celebrities, and businesses use social media to constantly give themselves exposure, has left a bad taste in my mouth. One thing if an assistant is doing it and not the real celebrity. To think its all going to automation /robots /algo into chat makes me really think there is no way I'm missing anything not being there as a consumer.

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
I find people I know are not using social media accounts as often anymore. one reason is little value is shared. Knowing how politicians , celebrities, and businesses use social media to constantly give themselves exposure, has left a bad taste in my mouth. One thing if an assistant is doing it and not the real celebrity. To think its all going to automation /robots /algo into chat makes me really think there is no way I'm missing anything not being there as a consumer.

Social media is like any other media. Where the attention is there will always be businesses/celebrities/politicians promoting themselves.

I also don't like automation, it comes at a cost, and authenticity is much more important and valuable in my opinion.

As a consumer it's up to you where you spend your time, but your idea of what is valuable may be very different from somebody else (such as your customer). So from a business/marketing standpoint it would be a big mistake to neglect social media.

Last edited:

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Social media is like any other media. Where the attention is there will always be businesses/celebrities/politicians promoting themselves.

I also don't like automation, it comes at a cost, and authenticity is much more important and valuable in my opinion.

As a consumer it's up to you where you spend your time, but your idea of what is valuable may be very different from somebody else (such as your customer). So from a business/marketing standpoint it would be a big mistake to neglect social media.

exactly why I am mentioning it, I find social media getting more un-reliable/fake by the day and exactly at the other end of the real trend which is towards more organic lifestyles... We all know tons of these online accounts are not the real celebrity or person posting , let alone all the automation coming in. Did I mention tons of these accounts have FAKE friends/likes/reviews etc?????? Also this technology is being used in automated news articles now, robo-news. That's the type of trend that makes me want to tune out, same with fact most of market is controlled by bots now.

Did you see FB and Instagram went down today?

BlahBlahBlah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 9, 2015
Ireland
I purchased Aaron course today and it is absolutely amazing value for money. Especially the Dropbox/IFTTT part will really helped me understand how I can automate and scale this. Initially I was just looking for ways to gain IG followers for my business, but this really opens up a new land of opportunities, once the process is clear it would be crazy not to scale it. It may be a bit time-consuming at the beginning, but then it should be pretty straight forward to automate many accounts and grow an audience. Thanks Aaron!!!

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
@Aaron W is FL a good choice for someone that only wants to grow 1 Instagram account for a business? Also if only 1 account is being used is a proxy still necessary?

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
Hey Aaron

When you're getting images from weheartit, how are you filtering for creative commons licenses? Or do you just not worry about stealing copyrighted works?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
@Aaron W is FL a good choice for someone that only wants to grow 1 Instagram account for a business? Also if only 1 account is being used is a proxy still necessary?

FL would work perfectly fine for one business account. If you plan on using an automated bot for 3+ months than you are saving money by using FL(over Instagress.) You defiantly would not need a proxy if you are only using one account for FL. I have been using 3 accounts for about 3-4 months now and I have had no problems at all.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto

Hey, FL is still a great idea if you want to grow an account. You won't need a proxy as well as you will be only running one account and not 5+.

Hey Aaron
When you're getting images from weheartit, how are you filtering for creative commons licenses? Or do you just not worry about stealing copyrighted works?

I personally don't worry about it. So many images are being reused on Instagram its crazy. Unless its very clearly copyrighted I will of course avoid it. Or if I can tag someone on Instagram to give credit I do that.

Also for everyone an updated Tutorial:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
I purchased Aaron course today and it is absolutely amazing value for money. Especially the Dropbox/IFTTT part will really helped me understand how I can automate and scale this. Initially I was just looking for ways to gain IG followers for my business, but this really opens up a new land of opportunities, once the process is clear it would be crazy not to scale it. It may be a bit time-consuming at the beginning, but then it should be pretty straight forward to automate many accounts and grow an audience. Thanks Aaron!!!

Thanks for the feedback, glad your finding the methods useful. I'm looking at adding a lot more updated content to it as well with the recent Instagram changes, keep an eye out for it :)

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
FL would work perfectly fine for one business account. If you plan on using an automated bot for 3+ months than you are saving money by using FL(over Instagress.) You defiantly would not need a proxy if you are only using one account for FL. I have been using 3 accounts for about 3-4 months now and I have had no problems at all.
So confirming, 3 accounts with no proxy and no problems so far? And do you run it on a computer or are you using a Vps?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
So confirming, 3 accounts with no proxy and no problems so far? And do you run it on a computer or are you using a Vps?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You will only need to look at using Proxies after 5+ accounts (aka your 6th account should be using a new IP).

VPS is only needed if you don't or can't leave your own computer on during the automation period.

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
I personally don't worry about it. So many images are being reused on Instagram its crazy. Unless its very clearly copyrighted I will of course avoid it. Or if I can tag someone on Instagram to give credit I do that.

For what it's worth, every image is copyrighted the moment it's created. You don't have to do anything to own the copyright to an image you create, it's automatically granted on creation.

I know it's exponentially more common now (and accelerating) to take people's images because the internet makes it so easy that people aren't even aware of the above fact. Just giving credit doesn't absolve the taking either if you haven't obtained permission first. It has become somewhat of a status quo because people are both not aware they own the copyright to their images and they don't really know how to stop people from taking them/don't care because it's so rampant and near impossible to police.

I'm not going to wag my finger at you and say "tsk tsk" since I'm certainly not a blameless human being. But since we are on a business forum it seems pertinent that people are aware it is strictly speaking illegal to do. Sometimes people will claim "fair use" on altering someone else's work and re-sharing, but that becomes increasingly hard to claim when its for a business.

What I'll say is I definitely wrestle with it because it's kind of like a "when in rome?" situation. Although I suppose doing the "right" thing is rarely easy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.