Hello Everyone. My name is Testament...and I have a problem....
I...can't come up with interesting pitch angles.
I've been pitching blogs non-stop for my a marketing internship I have, and it's been going very well so far (much love to all of my fellow Fastlane players and playettes for that!). But I feel like I've hit a wall over the past few days. I've gotten the body of my pitch itself down half-decently so far and getting a fair response rate from the emails I send, but now I've begun to start getting a lot of responses back telling me that there's no interesting angle to my product.
At first, I thought that the project breaking 100k on Kickstarter would be an interesting thing, but I added it in...to no avail. Next, I tried out the angle that our product (I will continue to use the pseudonym "Smart Chair") Smart Chair, is great because it makes life much easier for disabled people. This one hasn't seemed to work very well either, and I'm not sure I understand why. Maybe most writers aren't that enthused by that particular take on a product?
Anyway, I thought up a few more angles...attempting to link Smart Chair to Star Wars and pitch it like a chair that is also like a Jedi (it senses your presence), which didn't seem to do much either.
It was at this point, I realized that I really sucked at trying to come up with pitch angles.
And upon further introspection, I realized that I didn't even know how to go about figuring out how to come up with a good angle.
So after many an hour fruitlessly searching through google, I've come once again to request aid from the ever-wise marketing sages on TheFastlaneForum. My questions are:
How do you come up with an interesting angle for your story to hook bloggers? Is there a creative process? Any books you've read that helped? What does your process normally look like as you're going from A-to-Z coming up with an awe-inspiring angle to end all angles? Or even a semi-decent one?
DennisDuty posted an excellent thread on long-game PR that briefly touched on the subject, but I'm still left scratching my head on this one.
I implore thee, oh wise Jedi....Please point this padawan in the right direction.
I...can't come up with interesting pitch angles.

I've been pitching blogs non-stop for my a marketing internship I have, and it's been going very well so far (much love to all of my fellow Fastlane players and playettes for that!). But I feel like I've hit a wall over the past few days. I've gotten the body of my pitch itself down half-decently so far and getting a fair response rate from the emails I send, but now I've begun to start getting a lot of responses back telling me that there's no interesting angle to my product.
At first, I thought that the project breaking 100k on Kickstarter would be an interesting thing, but I added it in...to no avail. Next, I tried out the angle that our product (I will continue to use the pseudonym "Smart Chair") Smart Chair, is great because it makes life much easier for disabled people. This one hasn't seemed to work very well either, and I'm not sure I understand why. Maybe most writers aren't that enthused by that particular take on a product?
Anyway, I thought up a few more angles...attempting to link Smart Chair to Star Wars and pitch it like a chair that is also like a Jedi (it senses your presence), which didn't seem to do much either.
It was at this point, I realized that I really sucked at trying to come up with pitch angles.

And upon further introspection, I realized that I didn't even know how to go about figuring out how to come up with a good angle.
So after many an hour fruitlessly searching through google, I've come once again to request aid from the ever-wise marketing sages on TheFastlaneForum. My questions are:
How do you come up with an interesting angle for your story to hook bloggers? Is there a creative process? Any books you've read that helped? What does your process normally look like as you're going from A-to-Z coming up with an awe-inspiring angle to end all angles? Or even a semi-decent one?
DennisDuty posted an excellent thread on long-game PR that briefly touched on the subject, but I'm still left scratching my head on this one.
I implore thee, oh wise Jedi....Please point this padawan in the right direction.

Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
