The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to modernize the legal industry

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Paydette

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 14, 2021
Hey @QPE,

thanks for your message and for sharing your experience. Yeah, it's quite something different to work with law firms. They have different needs and are quite a special customer group ^^

I don't know what MP means. Our solution helps law firms to become more productive by automating standard tasks that usually the secretary is doing. The law firms we work with are quite overwhelmed so they are happy if someone can help them with some work they don't have to do themselves anymore.

I agree that it's super important to deeply understand the needs your customers have. Otherwise, you'll build something that they don't want and won't use. This is why we try to focus more on doing shadowings and asking the right questions to immerse ourselves as much into their day-to-day life, ways of thinking, and how they feel.
I've worked with quite a few law firms creating task automations. I like the industry. As long as you can show them it saves time and money, they are interested (unless they are 60 years or older).

My favorite automation is automating inbound contact forms. We take them from website form to either schedule a time to come in or send the lead to another lawyer or no, the law can't help you, without a person being involved.

What sort of automations gave you created?

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 27, 2016
Germany
Wise post. I laughed when OP mentioned offering ‘transparency’. They do not profit from more transparency lol.
I can’t agree with this statement in that absoluteness. Yes, there are certain lawyers who are scared and therefore don’t want to share their knowledge with their clients and try to keep the information asymmetry up. I’ve also talked with some lawyers who didn’t want to be more efficient so they could charge more hours. Yes, these people exist but there are also enough lawyers that became primarily lawyers to help people. They work their a$$ off to get all the work done. There are also lawyers who sometimes work for free to just help people out or do more than is necessary and economically viable just to help their clients who are in a tough spot.

Now I think we just disagree on how many law firms are focused on helping their clients and how many are just in it for the money without caring about getting the best results for their clients (therefore trying to keep an information asymmetry up). Maybe our different experiences also come from the fact that I’m living in a civil law System and not a common law system and the lawyers in the US are different ^^.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I can’t agree with this statement in that absoluteness. Yes, there are certain lawyers who are scared and therefore don’t want to share their knowledge with their clients and try to keep the information asymmetry up. I’ve also talked with some lawyers who didn’t want to be more efficient so they could charge more hours. Yes, these people exist but there are also enough lawyers that became primarily lawyers to help people. They work their a$$ off to get all the work done. There are also lawyers who sometimes work for free to just help people out or do more than is necessary and economically viable just to help their clients who are in a tough spot.

Now I think we just disagree on how many law firms are focused on helping their clients and how many are just in it for the money without caring about getting the best results for their clients (therefore trying to keep an information asymmetry up). Maybe our different experiences also come from the fact that I’m living in a civil law System and not a common law system and the lawyers in the US are different ^^.
The idea is this:

Transparency is a vague, emotional thing that customers say they want.

It does not make businesses more money

So then don’t call up businesses and sell them benefits for someone that isn’t them.

Sell them on benefits for THEM.

No brainer

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 27, 2016
Germany
The idea is this:

Transparency is a vague, emotional thing that customers say they want.

It does not make businesses more money

So then don’t call up businesses and sell them benefits for someone that isn’t them.

Sell them on benefits for THEM.

No brainer
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I’m not trying to sell them benefits that are not directly beneficial for them. The post you are referring to is 1,5 years old and describes a different idea than we are following right now.

This is my current value proposition:

our law firm assistant helps you to handle more clients without getting more employees or having to more hours. We help you and your secretary to automate standardized tasks like client communication, document generation, and communication with your law firm software.

You can give feedback on this value proposition if you like :)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
This is my current value proposition:

our law firm assistant helps you to handle more clients without getting more employees or having to more hours. We help you and your secretary to automate standardized tasks like client communication, document generation, and communication with your law firm software.

If you know some average numbers it’s good to paint a picture right out of the gate.

“Our software makes it so you can TRIPLE the amount of clients you have, while having the SAME number of employees and paid hours. Mind if I show you how?”

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.