The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to sell app to restaurants?

jackhos1

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jun 5, 2013
Im looking to start selling apps to restaurants, I have many features on the apps that will make them & save them money. But the biggest thing is I dont know the best approach to sell it to them. Any ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Walk door to door and let them know how your apps can benefit their business.

How can your apps benefit their business?

Do that 100 times and let us know how the results go.

Edit- read johns post below

Last edited:

jackhos1

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jun 5, 2013
Walk door to door and let them know how your apps can benefit their business.

How can your apps benefit their business?

Do that 100 times and let us know how the results go.

Gotcha, so just cold turkey it, show up & show previous apps and show how much it can benefit them and then set a date to meet with them in the future?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Gotcha, so just cold turkey it, show up & show previous apps and show how much it can benefit them and then set a date to meet with them in the future?
@johnp has experience with door to door sales...he can help.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Take Jordan Belforts SLP course first, then do that. Your results will be better imho.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
will make them & save them money.
Well this is how you sell it to them.

Walk in, cold call, direct mail, cold email, reach out on social media, ask for introductions, network, sign them up for free trial and only charge if they want to keep the service. Figure out which one works best and keep doing that.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
@johnp has experience with door to door sales...he can help.

As someone who sells apps to businesses, especially restaurants, I didn't find door to door sales to be the most efficient way to do things. The only thing that going door to door did for me was help me grow really thick skin. In most cases the business owners weren't there. If I did it again then I would call ahead first. I have found apps to be a more complex sale, requiring a lot of persistence & follow-up.

I made 16k in a 20 block radius...without going door to door, so I wouldn't recommend door to door sales for this type or service. But it can work, I just think that there are more efficient ways to do things.

The phone is one of the best tools for this type of business. And that's all that I'll say about that...

Im looking to start selling apps to restaurants, I have many features on the apps that will make them & save them money. But the biggest thing is I dont know the best approach to sell it to them. Any ideas?

Just get started. I'm finishing up a 16 hour day of prospecting & lead gen and that is even without electricity for 48 hours. You're competing with me. If you're not up tomorrow morning at 4am looking for customers then you're already behind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
If you are really doing it door- door, then do your due diligence before reaching out to them. Pick up one main negative point to showcasw how your app will help them overcome the issue and grow!

There something to learn from these guys - http://www.tablecrowd.com/
They have a network of 3000 UK restaurants.
May be you can partner someone like Table Crowd, to easy pitch in your product.

Get in-touch with restuarant app review websites for a honest review.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
I am also thinking of a similar problem. Not sure that it works but what if to organize a party for restaurant owners? like if you own a restaurant you can come for free... maybe you will need to have some other people who have the similar problem get involved to share the tab.

Another idea is to join some networking groups for local businesses.

Another approach is to buy a marketing email list of restaurants and send out emails. Out of my experience it's not very effective because of poor quality of the lists like this. But you can compile your own list...

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I am also thinking of a similar problem. Not sure that it works but what if to organize a party for restaurant owners? like if you own a restaurant you can come for free... maybe you will need to have some other people who have the similar problem get involved to share the tab.

Won't work.

Let's say I'm a restaurant owner. I have a Quesadilla on fire in the kitchen, some a**hole just sent their burger back because it wasn't well done, I have been dealing with vendor problems all weak, the public restroom is clogged and over flowing, the manager is stupid, 3 employees got "sick" tonight, I don't know anything about marketing, and I'm hoping to meet my cash flow goals so I don't have to fire everyone next week.

Why would I attend your party?

Why would I click on your ad, answer your email, give 2 shits about your cold call?

The reality of it is that most restaurant owners do face situations like that. Maybe not as bad as I described, but at the least everyone does have cash flow to worry about.

And ontop of that, they are getting pitched by app builders & mobile website developers 27/4. EVERYONE wants a piece of the restaurant's revenue. It's so bad that they make their staff screen for cold callers.

So why the hell should they consider you?

I don't see how anyone is ever going to be successful selling to restaurants if they don't look at things from the restaurant owner's perspective to begin with.

...and follow-up with a restaurant? It's never-ending.

Today I had one owner refer to a smart phone as a "flat phone" ?????? ---

My pipeline is filled with appointments at the end of September when the restaurant owner has time to think straight. That's like 2 months away!

This is a hard industry to deal with. That's why I diversified and deal with all business owners. But as far as getting infront of the restaurant, that is easy. But 99.99% of people are unwilling to just walk in or pick up the phone and call. The hard part is actually keeping their attention.

Surprisingly, it is easy to get the attention of the decision maker. But you have a window. It's about half a second. You need to hook them in that 1/2 second or your dead.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.