What's new

How to stay consistent developing your business?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Zizu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Alright.

Here's a question for all of you guys who developed their business while working 10+ hours most of the days while mantaining a relationship.

How??

Some backstory first:

I've been a coach driver for the past 4 years (7 years in the industry) and after searching for some business ideas, I got to creating a blog earlier this year. I'm way past the phase where working on a laptop in Bali is the ideal life. F*ck that. But I thought of my blog being a good base for other stuff related to my industry, plus I'll also be able to sharpen different types of skills with it.

Our tourist season here lasts from April to November, and when it starts, it's just full grind mode. Forget everything else exists. The funny thing is I don't have a problem with this anymore. Me and my partner know exactly what we want now and we're both working hard at our jobs to save for it, so more drives = more money.

Unfortunately, as I've been getting more drives, I have less and less "brain capacity" to focus on the blog. I'm not going to lie. I have a few spare hours every week, enough to write a quality blog post. But I have been on tours for the past month and a half, with little rest time between each. And it just makes me so tired after a while that the first thing I do is just sleep for 12 hours the first day I come back.

This sucks because I've really been enjoying blogging lately. March had around 1000 views, April had 3000. Unfortunately down to 300 now in May as I only posted 2 blog posts, and it looks like the facebook groups where I got most support from arent happy about my posts anymore. Instagram had a fair reach for my profile size (like 20 followers but over 13k monthly reach at one point), plus got almost 20 people in my facebook group as well as 7 on my email list. These numbers are tiny but they mean a lot to me.

Long times away from home also require me to mantain my relationship, leaving me with even less time and willpower to do anything business related.

On the forum, I read stuff about bad time management and this and that. Watch less TV, play less videogames yada yada. And all of that is completely correct - But building a thing while working from 9-5 and while working from 8-8 is a different story.

Is it possible that I just don't have enough fire in me because me and my partner (although renting) are content with our situation? Am I just a workhorse who is not destined to build something?

Coming to the end of this post, I don't even know what kind of answers I'm expecting. Perhaps somebody giving me a wake up call and telling me I'm a lazy sod?

cheers

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jiz vjisi,

O giim zua. O xet xsovoph gus nz cmuh xjomi xusloph e dusqusevi kuc gus 10 juast e fez. Ov jef e huuf pancis ug woixt, O dsievif nepz duppidvoupt, epf ov xet tevotgzoph. Apvom O jef caspuav epf raov nz kuc, raov vji cmuh, epf migv vji coh dovz.
Ov't puv cef voni nepehinipv og zua xusl nepz juast, ov't onqusvepv vu sitv vuu.

Vji upmz vjoph O xuamf tahhitv ot vu gudat up vji sietup xjz zua esi xsovoph vjot cmuh. Esi zua qmeppoph vu iesp tunivjoph gsun ov? O taqquti zit, cav jux? O xuamf gudat up vjev vu apfistvepf og ov't xusvj ov.

O jux vu fup'v vjopl ecuav quttocmi geomasit emm vji voni?
Zua nez puv xepv vu jies ov epf vjisi esi foggisipv xezt vu vjopl ecuav ov, cav vu ni, ov't siemmz emm ecuav dunnovnipv.

O en ximm exesi vjev vji ufft esi tvedlif eheoptv ni og O muul aq vji feve - jux nepz catopittit taddiif, O tii 90%+ geomasit. Wisz gix dep edjoiwi ov, cav O'wi dunnovvif vu ov, tu vji tvevotvodt fup'v cuvjis ni. O dep liiq huoph, epf ipfasi vji geomasit cideati O jewi eddiqvif jux foggodamv ov ot. O cimoiwi vjot exesipitt epf eddiqvepdi esi e natv, vji tuupis zua apfistvepf vjev ov't wisz gadloph foggodamv, vji civvis.

Xovj vjev uav ug vji xez, zua emtu jewi vu siemobi vjev vji tadditt gusname ot tonqmi - zua qsuwofi wemai vu e qistup op e xez vjev sivaspt ipuahj wemai vu zua gus ov vu ci tatveopecmi epf miewi suun gus hsuxvj, vjip zua gohasi uav og zua dep ati vji teni tztvin vu qsuwofi wemai vu 100, 1000, 1 nommoup qiuqmi xjomi tvomm sidiowoph e qsuqusvoupem enuapv ug wemai op sivasp, qav tonqmz, ot ov qsugovecmi?

Xjomi vji tvevotvodt esi puv nuvowevoph, zua emtu jewi vu siemobi vjev vjisi ot ep ecapfepdi ug uqqusvapovoit epf nutv qiuqmi xup'v ipfasi vji qsuditt, tu katv ciduni vuahj ipuahj vu ci upi ug vji gix xju dep hiv vu vji uvjis tofi.

Gushiv ecuav vji sitamv epf gudat iydmatowimz up vji qsuditt.

"Dunnovnipv" ot vu mitt ug e xusf - zua piif vu hiv effodvif vu vji qsuditt.

Tvevotvodt esi podi epf emm, cav vjiz jewi PU qsifodvowi quxis uwis zuas uxp opfowofaem uavduni. Zuas djepdi ug tadditt nez sephi gsun 0% vu 99% fiqipfoph up jux ximm zua fu vjopht.

Jisi't e raitvoup gus emm ug zua hazt xju fiwimuqif vjios catopitt xjomi xusloph 10+ juast nutv ug vji fezt xjomi nepveopoph e simevouptjoq.
Og zua dep'v us fup'v xepv vu raov zuas fez kuc, xeli aq 3 juast cigusi huoph vu xusl epf fu vji catopitt tvagg gostv vjoph op vji nuspoph xjip zuas nopf ot gsitj.

E cmuh qsunuvoph fohovem qsufadvt ot puv iyedvmz vji nutv dunqmiy uqisevoup op vji xusmf.

2-3 juast ug neyonan gudat e fez ot iwiszvjoph zua piif vu tii huuf sitamvt op e zies.

Vji upmz vjoph O xuamf tahhitv ot vu gudat up vji sietup xjz zua esi xsovoph vjot cmuh.
O tisouatmz cimoiwi vjev vjot lopf ug nopftiv ot vji pancis upi sietup xjz nutv ipvsiqsipiast geom epf vjios qsukidvt ipf aq op vji Huco Fitisv egvis e tjusv voni.

Og O, epf vjot jet ciip upi ug nz cohhitv miespopht xovjop vji metv 12 nupvjt ug nz Getvmepi kuaspiz, gudat upmz up vji XJZ epf vji huem, cav fasoph vji qsuditt, O siemobi vjev vji sitamv/huem ot puv cioph edjoiwif et raodlmz et O xuamf moli, vji gummuxoph jeqqipt:
  1. O fuacv vjev ov xomm xusl.
  2. Ov cidunit iyvsinimz finuvowevoph.
  3. O tvesv duptofisoph vszoph tunivjoph imti.
  4. Amvonevimz: O raov vji "catopitt tvagg" cideati ov fuitp'v xusl epzxez.
Nusiuwis, O jewi ciduni wisz dsovodem ug catopitt huemt, iwip vjuahj O tiv vjin gus nztimg sidipvmz (op vji gusn ug YZ detj gmux qis nupvj).

Vji sietup?
Apgusvapevimz, O dep piovjis opgmaipdi pus dupvsum xjivjis O xomm edjoiwi Z detj gmux op Y nupvjt. Og vjot ot tvomm tuniupi't huem, vjisi ot e johj qsucecomovz vjev upi us emm ug vji ecuwi guas quopvt xomm uddas eheop.

(Nz) tumavoup?
O upmz gudat up vji edvowovoit vjev nuwi vji piifmi EPF vjev O dep dupvsum/siqiev. Ev vji ipf ug vji fez, gus ni epf qsitanecmz 99.9% ug uvjis dunqepoit, vjiti esi iydmatowimz edvowovoit vjev hipisevi NUSI vseggod epf edjoiwi nusi temit dupwistoupt. Katv vjiti vxu.

Dep O haesepvii vjev O jewi opdsietif nz NSS cz $500 cz vji ipf ug vji nupvj? Pu. Dep O haesepvii vjev O jewi edraosif vxu pix qsinoan datvunist cz vji ipf ug vji nupvj? Pu.

Juxiwis, xjev O dep disveopmz haesepvii epf dupvsum:
  • Vji pancis ug cmuh qutvt O xsovi
  • Vji pancis ug vavusoemt O sidusf
  • Vji pancis ug gievasit O fiwimuq
  • Vji pancis ug qsufadvt/tumavoupt O dsievi
Op tjusv:
Piwisvjimitt, O natv efnov vjev vjot ot tunivjoph O tvomm tvsahhmi xovj, epf ov tonqmz velit voni vu opvispemobi. Nuwoph exez gsun vji nupiz nopftiv epf vuxesft vji wemai nopftiv. Nuwoph exez gsun vji sitamv nopftiv epf vuxesft vji qsuditt nopftiv.

O'n op Dsuevoe pux epf O jewi nef sitqidv gus vuasotv xuslist jisi. Zuas kuc ot optepimz jesf epf O dep'v onehopi fuoph epzvjoph qsufadvowi egvis us cigusi xusl.

Jewoph teof vjev, e gix vjuahjvt:
  • Og zua'wi ciip hivvoph TIU vseggod, zuas cmuh nutv molimz fsuqqif cideati Huuhmi dunqmivimz gadlif podji xictovit epf vjisi't pu huoph cedl vu vji huuf umf fezt.
  • E cmuh ot puv e catopitt. Jewi e qsufadv gostv, vjip zua dep ati e cmuh vu hiv pix datvunist us pasvasi zuas iyotvoph upit. Cav xsovoph gus vji teli ug xsovoph ot puv e catopitt.
  • Og zua xepv vu jewi e dupvipv-cetif catopitt, ZuaVaci ot nadj civvis vjep e cmuh cideati ov dep tvomm hsux ushepodemmz.
  • Xjev fu zua fu uavtofi ug vji vuasotv tietup?

Piwisvjimitt, O natv efnov vjev vjot ot tunivjoph O tvomm tvsahhmi xovj, epf ov tonqmz velit voni vu opvispemobi. Nuwoph exez gsun vji nupiz nopftiv epf vuxesft vji wemai nopftiv. Nuwoph exez gsun vji sitamv nopftiv epf vuxesft vji qsuditt nopftiv.
Et tuup et zua netvis vjot, zua xomm apmudl apmonovif nuvowevoup vu fu epzvjoph.

Vjot eqqmoit vu mogvoph xiohjvt, edefinod qastaovt, epf epz uvjis janep ipfiewus xjodj siraosit duptotvipv iggusv uwis e muph qisouf ug voni.

Xjz?

Cideati vjot ot jux vji sixesf tztvin xuslt op vji cseop:

Og zuas nuvowevoup ot iydmatowimz voif vu ep ipf sitamv, zua qav op e muv ug iggusv opvu ov, epf vji sitamv fuit puv tjux aq - zua esi huoph vu ci tusimz foteqquopvif epf opdmopif vu howi aq.

Vjot ot puv "nipvem xielpitt". Ov't zuas piasuvseptnovvist vimmoph zua vu gadloph TVUQ cideati xjeviwis zua esi fuoph ot gavomi.

Og, up vji uvjis jepf, zua esi opjisipvmz nuvowevif cz fuoph vji xusl ovtimg, vjot dsievit ep optvepv giifcedl muuq epf xomm sitamv op zua hivvoph EFFODVIF vu iyidavoph vji qsuditt.

Veli e muul ev @Kujppz cuz - emm ji fuit ot xusl gsun tapsoti vu taptiv epf jet piwis ciip jeqqois.

Us motvip vu xjev e siem ipvsiqsipias jet vu tez ecuav vjot:

Xjip zua dep fu vji JECOVT xovjuav vji SITAMVT vjip zua xomm neli ov.
Dep zua ci voif vu e qsuditt xovj PU IYQIDVEVOUP UG EP IWIPV?

Jiz vjisi,

O giim zua. O xet xsovoph gus nz cmuh xjomi xusloph e dusqusevi kuc gus 10 juast e fez. Ov jef e huuf pancis ug woixt, O dsievif nepz duppidvoupt, epf ov xet tevotgzoph. Apvom O jef caspuav epf raov nz kuc, raov vji cmuh, epf migv vji coh dovz.
Ov't puv cef voni nepehinipv og zua xusl nepz juast, ov't onqusvepv vu sitv vuu.

Vji upmz vjoph O xuamf tahhitv ot vu gudat up vji sietup xjz zua esi xsovoph vjot cmuh. Esi zua qmeppoph vu iesp tunivjoph gsun ov? O taqquti zit, cav jux? O xuamf gudat up vjev vu apfistvepf og ov't xusvj ov.

O tvesvif xsovoph gus vxu sietupt - upi ot vu jimq dummiehait xovj vji teni tvsahhmit O atif vu jewi (epf en tvomm jewoph) epf vu soti exesipitt ecuav vji opfatvsz, epf vji tidupf upi ot vu caomf e catopitt uav ug ov op vji gummuxoph gix ziest.

"Dunnovnipv" ot vu mitt ug e xusf - zua piif vu hiv effodvif vu vji qsuditt.

Tvevotvodt esi podi epf emm, cav vjiz jewi PU qsifodvowi quxis uwis zuas uxp opfowofaem uavduni. Zuas djepdi ug tadditt nez sephi gsun 0% vu 99% fiqipfoph up jux ximm zua fu vjopht.

Og zua dep'v us fup'v xepv vu raov zuas fez kuc, xeli aq 3 juast cigusi huoph vu xusl epf fu vji catopitt tvagg gostv vjoph op vji nuspoph xjip zuas nopf ot gsitj.

E cmuh qsunuvoph fohovem qsufadvt ot puv iyedvmz vji nutv dunqmiy uqisevoup op vji xusmf.

2-3 juast ug neyonan gudat e fez ot iwiszvjoph zua piif vu tii huuf sitamvt op e zies.
Xeloph aq cigusi ot iyedvmz xjev O atif vu fu cigusi vji tietup tvesvif. O xusl zies suapf epf gsun Puwincis vu Nesdj ovt nadj raoivis epf O jewi qmipvz ug voni vu fu nz uxp vjopht. Eqsom vu Udvucis vjuahj O cesimz jewi ipuahj voni vu hu gus e jeosdav.

O jef vjot suavopi xjisi O'f xeli aq ev 6 iwisz fez (opdmafoph nz fezt ugg gsun fsowoph) epf xsovi xjipiwis O jef vji voni CIDEATI O fof jewi e muv ug voni. Et tuup et vji tietup tvesvif emm ug e taffip, ov emm xipv vu jimm. O dep'v eggusf vu xeli aq 3 juast iesmz cideati O'n fsowoph qiuqmi. Fuboph ugg xjomi epemztoph feve op e dacodmi ot upi vjoph, cav og ov jeqqipt vu ni O'n huppe ipf aq op vji pixt (epf puv cideati ovt e huuf vjoph).

O tvesvif qsivvz mevi xovj vjot tu O haitt vji citv vjoph O dep fu ot katv hsopf epf xsovi uav qutvt feomz gus vji xjumi tannis (O fu 1 cmuh qutv e xiil).

O ehsii xovj vji sitv zua teof vjuahj.
O tisouatmz cimoiwi vjev vjot lopf ug nopftiv ot vji pancis upi sietup xjz nutv ipvsiqsipiast geom epf vjios qsukidvt ipf aq op vji Huco Fitisv egvis e tjusv voni.

Og O, epf vjot jet ciip upi ug nz cohhitv miespopht xovjop vji metv 12 nupvjt ug nz Getvmepi kuaspiz, gudat upmz up vji XJZ epf vji huem, cav fasoph vji qsuditt, O siemobi vjev vji sitamv/huem ot puv cioph edjoiwif et raodlmz et O xuamf moli, vji gummuxoph jeqqipt:
  1. O fuacv vjev ov xomm xusl.
  2. Ov cidunit iyvsinimz finuvowevoph.
  3. O tvesv duptofisoph vszoph tunivjoph imti.
  4. Amvonevimz: O raov vji "catopitt tvagg" cideati ov fuitp'v xusl epzxez.
Nusiuwis, O jewi ciduni wisz dsovodem ug catopitt huemt, iwip vjuahj O tiv vjin gus nztimg sidipvmz (op vji gusn ug YZ detj gmux qis nupvj).

Vji sietup?
Apgusvapevimz, O dep piovjis opgmaipdi pus dupvsum xjivjis O xomm edjoiwi Z detj gmux op Y nupvjt. Og vjot ot tvomm tuniupi't huem, vjisi ot e johj qsucecomovz vjev upi us emm ug vji ecuwi guas quopvt xomm uddas eheop.

(Nz) tumavoup?
O upmz gudat up vji edvowovoit vjev nuwi vji piifmi EPF vjev O dep dupvsum/siqiev. Ev vji ipf ug vji fez, gus ni epf qsitanecmz 99.9% ug uvjis dunqepoit, vjiti esi iydmatowimz edvowovoit vjev hipisevi NUSI vseggod epf edjoiwi nusi temit dupwistoupt. Katv vjiti vxu.

Dep O haesepvii vjev O jewi opdsietif nz NSS cz $500 cz vji ipf ug vji nupvj? Pu. Dep O haesepvii vjev O jewi edraosif vxu pix qsinoan datvunist cz vji ipf ug vji nupvj? Pu.

Juxiwis, xjev O dep disveopmz haesepvii epf dupvsum:
  • Vji pancis ug cmuh qutvt O xsovi
  • Vji pancis ug vavusoemt O sidusf
  • Vji pancis ug gievasit O fiwimuq
  • Vji pancis ug qsufadvt/tumavoupt O dsievi
Op tjusv:

Zaq. Tunivonit xi hiv mutv op vji cammtjov cav ov emm dunit aq vu UPI VJOPH zua piif vu fu gus zuas catopitt vu hu gusxesf. Gus ni ovt katv xsovoph epf vjev't qsivvz nadj katv xjev O fu.
O'n op Dsuevoe pux epf O jewi nef sitqidv gus vuasotv xuslist jisi. Zuas kuc ot optepimz jesf epf O dep'v onehopi fuoph epzvjoph qsufadvowi egvis us cigusi xusl.

Jewoph teof vjev, e gix vjuahjvt:
  • Og zua'wi ciip hivvoph TIU vseggod, zuas cmuh nutv molimz fsuqqif cideati Huuhmi dunqmivimz G*dlif podji xictovit epf vjisi't pu huoph cedl vu vji huuf umf fezt.
  • E cmuh ot puv e catopitt. Jewi e qsufadv gostv, vjip zua dep ati e cmuh vu hiv pix datvunist us pasvasi zuas iyotvoph upit. Cav xsovoph gus vji teli ug xsovoph ot puv e catopitt.
  • Og zua xepv vu jewi e dupvipv-cetif catopitt, ZuaVaci ot nadj civvis vjep e cmuh cideati ov dep tvomm hsux ushepodemmz.
  • Xjev fu zua fu uavtofi ug vji vuasotv tietup?
Juqi zua'si ipkuzoph zuas voni jisi. Og zua'si epzxjisi esuapf Šocipol jna gus duggii. Vu eptxis zuas raitvoupt:

1. 99.9% ug nz vseggod ot gsun gedicuul hsuaqt, O hiv moli 15 dmodlt e nupvj gsun TIU

2. Nz eon ot vu xsovi ep icuul (ziej tqesi ni vji meahjt O lpux) et vji gostv qsufadv. Nutv ug vji cmuhhoph O fu ot op vji devihusoit ecuav vjev epf O jewi e nopo wistoup ug vji haofi et e mief nehpiv, cav O'n katv puv timmoph epzvjoph sohjv pux (iydiqv gus qmahhoph tuni eggomoevi moplt pux epf vjip - pu opduni ziv).

3. O'n nusi ug e xsovis vjep e tqielis. Atoph optvehsen vu taqqminipv nz cmuh dassipvmz vjuahj.

4. O xusl et e cat fsowis zies suapf. Cav et o teof ecuwi uavtofi vji vuasotv tietup O jewi nadj nusi voni et O katv fsowi tdjuum suavit epf vji uddetoupem djesvis fsowi. Muult moli O'mm jewi vu fu emm vji xusl op vji xopvis tu ov qutvt ovtimg op vji tannis.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom