The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

How to test your IDEAS?

Idea threads

Juhas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 22, 2019
Poland
Hi, I was wondering are there any good ways to test wheter your IDEA is good (there is a request for your planned product) or not.
One thing that gets into my head is crowdfunding. You can get the feedback from people - you will get money or not. If not, then there's chance that your IDEA is not good. But This way of testing has another variable - your presentation. Idea without a product has to have really good presentation.
The other problem is that if you happen to get the requested money, you have to award the founders somehow.

So do you have any other ways to test your IDEAS?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest24480

My preferred methods are researching target market communities and generating traffic to a landing page.

Where are your potential customers hanging out? Are they communicating the pain points or needs that your product will be built to solve?

You can check forums, relevant subreddits, Facebook groups, social media, blogs, anything really. If there is a need for your product, people are likely talking about it somewhere on the Internet.

Once you find that there is at least a conversation going about the problem you're trying to solve, take all the feedback you received and cater your offer to that data.

Create a one-page landing page on Wordpress communicating your offer and make the presentation as good as possible, but make it concise. One page and no more than that. List out some benefits/features and communicate the nature of the solution. Just buy a $50 Wordpress theme if you don't have any web design skills.

Yes, presentation matters but the basics of copywriting and design should put you above the threshold of acceptable for testing purposes. Create a sign-up form and connect it to your mailing service.

Lastly, sign up for a Facebook business account and start driving targeted traffic to your landing page and collect email sign-ups. Cater your targeting to the data you've gathered in your initial research and split test a few different targeting options.

I followed this exact blueprint for validating the current idea I'm working on and got 500+ email sign ups within a weekend.

Now I am working on developing a prototype so I can get hard proof for the idea, which would be users and eventually paid sign-ups.

Juhas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 22, 2019
Poland
My preferred methods are researching target market communities and generating traffic to a landing page.

Ok, so I understand that your way is:
- check potential client groups on facebook if they are talking about problem you want to solve (if not, this is probably bad idea)
- create landing page and get people from those groups to this landing page.

Now, here are some more questions.
What should be on this landing page? I mean - you don't have any product yet. Should it be some kind of promise: "Product will be available soon", or maybe preorder: "Pay now, get it within couple of months"?

What about software or physical products? They need definately more time to get created.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.