What's new

How to Wake Up Earlier and Stay Motivated

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

SuccessBoy

New Contributor
Hello all,

I have almost finished the book and it's really got me pumped to start kicking some a$$ and providing the world with more value -- strategically. I found the motivation topic interesting and thought I'd share some methods that have been working for me lately.

First of all, for my job I don't have to be at work until 10AM, so I have the luxury of not having to wake up super early if I don't want to. That being said, I usually try to wake up around 6:45 each day.

My method for waking up early is as follows: try laying on your floor instead of your bed. You have to do this on your back or else it might hurt when you wake up (I've slept on my side sometimes and my shoulder is soar). I've heard studies that sleeping on a hard surface is better for your spine than the best of fancy new-technology and memory foam beds. I wouldn't recommend sleeping on straight tile if you have a tile floor, so you may need a sleeping back or those rubber gym mats. I feel more awake after sleeping on the floor and it also doesn't make me want to go back to sleep in the comfort of a plush bed. At one point I had lower back problems and I learned that it was from sleeping on a cheap-o sunk-in bed. I do a lot of studying of nutrition and health, so I hope this advice may work for you as it has for me (sometimes it's easier said than done, if I plop down on my bed and fall asleep, but I actually prefer the floor now)!

My methods for staying motivated:

-Multivitamins: multivitamins lately and been keeping a routine of going to the gym 2-3 times a week. The multivitamins really keep me away and I am not a coffee drinker myself so they are the next best thing. The ones I take are called "Animal Pak." They may be too serious for those who don't work out regularly, but you may still want to consider a good daily multivitamin.
-Sauna: The sauna is amazing after a workout and especially in the morning before work (if you can afford to wake up that early). I have not been able to do this much lately but everytime I do, it really makes me feel alive! I would say sweating and going in the sauna, and then driving with your car windows down on a breezy day, is better than any drug out there -- and it's not bad for you!
-Notes: I used to post notes all over my walls with my mantras, interesting highlights I would read in self-improvement books, and good news articles. These really kept me motivated but I feel that my memory was slipping and that I would start to ignore them over time. I was becoming like the guy in the movie "Memento." I have decided that the best method is the "vision board" or hanging up pictures of you idols or of places you'd like to visit, etc. A picture really does say a thousand words...

I hope these help you, everyone. I know that many of these methods have been said before or you might have stumbled upon them yourself, but I hope that you can gain some new techniques from them.

Keep rockin'!

Jonathan

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo Kupevjep,

O ehsii xovj vji wovenopt epf iyisdoti. Zua dep siemmz giim e foggisipdi xjip zua esi edvowi epf jewi e huuf foiv/ wovenopt. Sihesfoph vji gmuus, xi'mm tii og zua gummux vjev efwodi xjip zua jov zuas nof 30t epf jewi e xogi xju ot raovi dupvipv xovj e cif (kuli).

O'n hmef zua guapf tuni nuvowevoup, cav zua'si tvomm puv ugg vji juul. Qmieti qutv ep opvsu. vjsief.

Ximduni epf huuf madl op vji getvmepi! :getvmepi:

O piwis lpix vjev ecuav tmiiqoph up vji gmuus, cav O'f siemmz sevjis puv, iwip ov fuit niep vjev O duamf xeli aq iesmois je je. O niep, e cif ot e cif gus e sietup.

O atif vu xeli aq ev 2 u' dmudl op vji egvispuup iwiszfez, katv cz cioph ep ofouv viipehis, epf ov vuul ni ecuav e nupvj vu goy vji jecov. O xeli aq ev 6 iwisz nuspoph pux, sihesfmitt ug vji enuapv ug tmiiq O jef qsiwouatmz. Ov xet e muv ug vsoem epf issus, cav xjev O jewi guapf vu ci nutv onqusvepv ot duptotvipdz.

Neli ov e jecov, pu nevvis xjev zua giim, vu xeli aq ev vji teni iyedv voni iwisz tophmi fez. Emtu, zua duamf vsz vsodloph zuas nopf opvu sitqupfoph vu ep emesn dmudl cz qsedvodoph vjot fsomm:

Ev epz voni fasoph vji fez, tjav ugg emm vji mohjvt op zuas suun, epf dmuti zuas izit. Tiv zuas emesn dmudl vu hu ugg op 15 nopavit, epf onnifoevimz xeli aq, epf vasp ugg vji mohjv.

Fu vjot eheop ecuav 4-5 vonit gus 3-4 fezt, epf zua xomm ci e qsu ev xeloph aq. O jewi vsoif vjot, epf ov siemmz fuit vseptmevi opvu vji nuspopht cimoiwi ov us puv. Ov't emnutv moli vji Qewmuw't fuh vsodl.

Tussz vu jo-kedl zuas vjsief, ov't katv e hsiev vuqod epf atigam, epf ov't tunivjoph vjev O en lpuxmifhiecmi op.

Hsiev vjsief!

@movvmilopheb

Vji emesn-tivvoph vsodl tuapft opvisitvoph. Zua esi puv jokedloph nz vjsief, jej! O jewi jef qsucmint xovj tivvoph emesnt vuu mevi ev pohjv xjip nz cufz ot vosif, et vjip ov ot vuu ietz vu dupwopdi nztimg vu tvez op ov gus vji "muph jeam" ele vji xjumi pohjv't tmiiq.

@Tqesmop

Zit, O emtu fup'v vjopl nz hosmgsoipf xuamf ehsii xovj tmiiqoph up vji gmuus, tu O jewi vu ati vji cif gus vjuti pohjvt. :) O fofp'v lpux O xet taqqutif vu qutv ep opvsu vjsief epf xomm hiv vu vjev qsivvz tuup.

Kupevjep

O xeli aq ev 4:30en.

O'n aq epf siefz vu hu pu nevvis vji xievjis, jux dumf ov ot, us jux O giim.

Nz nuvowevoup dep ci tannif aq op vji gummuxoph tipvipdi: Geomasi ot puv ep uqvoup.

Exituni vjsief. O jewi guapf xjip o xet tisouatmz xusloph uav, ievoph sohjv epf howoph nz cufz taqqminipvem pavsovoup vjev o xet tmiiqoph civvis et ximm et xeloph aq nusi iggodoipvmz.

O jewi jiesf tuni huuf vjopht ecuav e xeli aq mohjv (emtu op von gissott pix cuul et ximm) cav xjip o etlif ecuav ov vu gsoipft up gedicuul, tuni deni cedl epf teof zua hiv vuu atif vu ov vuu raodlmz gus vji qsodi. Tu o jewi puv vsoif vjev uav ziv @ $140 us xjeviwis ov ot e apov.

O en opvisitvif vu jies jux uvjist xeli aq epf hiv nuvowevif op vji nuspoph, o vjopl vjot ot e duptvepv tvsahhmi gus iwiszupi.

Ushepod guuf foiv + iyisdoti.

O piif vu tvesv fotdoqmopoph nztimg op sihesft vu nz voni. O ataemmz xeli aq ev 7:30 EN vu veli nz hsepfnuvjis vu xusl.

Cav nezci O piif vu xeli aq iesmois, moli ev 5 cideati O xuamf moli vu sief epf qmep uav nz fez eddusfophmz.

O emtu xuamf moli vu hu vu tmiiq mevis et ximm, cideati O hu vu tmiiq ev esuapf 10 QN epf xuamfp'v nopf tvezoph aq mevis, qisjeqt 12 EN, og O xet fuoph tunivjoph op sihesft vu qmept gus edraosoph nz gopepdoem gsiifun/ipvsiqsipiastjoq.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom