What's new

How You Can Get Your Business Featured on TV

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
443%
First Step - Have a Productacracy

Have an amazing product that "pulls" people to it, not one that you have to "push" people to via tons of advertising. Something unique. Something cool. Something attractive. Something innovative. I.e. what @MJ DeMarco calls a Productacracy.

If you're selling "me-too" products on Amazon, i.e. silicone wedding rings, then forget it.

Option 1 - Use Instagram to get a direct contact with someone who knows someone on TV.

I wanted to get on a news show on one of the biggest local news stations in the country. I went on the TV station's website and made a list of all businesses that had been featured on this news show in the last 6 months.

Then, I sent a DM to each of these businesses' Instagrams, saying I saw they were on the X news show, and asking them who they contacted to get on. Nearly all messaged me back. One gave me the direct email for one of the 3 anchors on the show, and then introduced me in an email chain.

I had already prepared an angle for what made my product a good fit (it tied in perfectly with a current on-going news item). The anchors loved my product(see step 1), and my angle, and asked me to be on the show a week later.

This plan worked amazingly well, because most of the businesses I contacted were smaller local businesses, who probably only received one DM that day... mine. It was easy to get their attention.

Total time input - 4 hours. Total cost - FREE

Option 2 - Use Instagram to get in direct contact with someone on TV

This plan has a larger hurdle. If they are on TV, they have 6-8 figures in numbers of followers. They get an onslaught of messages daily from social media. There is so much noise. Even if you product is awesome (see step 1), they won't ever know it if they don't read your message.

Step 1 - Pick a target

This is the hardest part of the whole process. You need to find celebrities or influencers who would be a good fit for your product. Just being famous isn't enough. It needs to be someone who is pre-disposed to loving your product. Someone who's audience would love to see your product. So much so, that producers will easily be convinced that this product should be on the show.

I targeted a reality TV show in my niche, so inserting my product in there wouldn't be at all weird, especially since it is so interesting!

I also could have used this approach to directly target the news anchor I mentioned in the section above.

Step 2 - Get their attention

Be unorthodox. Do something different. Make your message stand out in a sea of other messages. Grab their attention from the instant they open your message. This could look like any number of different things. You're only limited to your imagination. The only thing it CAN NOT be, is a sales pitch. Here's what it looked like for me:

I spent 2 hours and made a funny-a$$ photoshop pic of the cast of the show using my products. It is hilarious. I laugh every time I look at it. If I were the celebrity I was sending this too, I would laugh my a$$ off.

Step 3 - Be Relentless

No matter how awesome and attention grabbing your message is, odds are, it will not be opened.

So, you have to be relentless in your follow up.

I had planned to message this celebrity every 3 days, until I got a response. In this case, it only took two times.

He thought the photo was hilarious, and that opened the door to a conversation. Several times along the way, the conversation was waiting for his response, so I just kept following up until he got back to me. One lull in the convo lasted 3 months, and I messaged him 7 times during that time before he finally messaged me back. YOU CAN'T GIVE UP IF THEY'RE INTERESTED.

Eventually, I offered to give him free product in exchange for some shares on social media. This alone would've been worth the effort, because of reaching his millions of followers.

However, I had a bigger goal in mind. I wanted on the show.

Turns out, he loved the product so much, and his producers loved it so much, that the producers reached out to me to get my approval to show the product's logo before they filmed some segments with it. I never asked to be on the show... they asked me!

As of yesterday, they have filmed multiple segments, and are writing some more script with the product that will be filmed soon. Assuming I don't end up on the chopping room floor, it will air sometime next year.

Total time input - 6 hours. Total cost - Some free product.

--------------------

Lessons Learned

First, Instagram is amazing. You can directly reach just about anybody. You should be using it and posting great content to it. Don't waste your time with follow/unfollow shit. Use it right and network with influencers. Leverage the audiences of others.

Second, How many hours did you spend tweaking a sub-headline on your website this week? How many hours did you spend on stupid action-fake shit, like re-organizing your file cabinet? How many hours did you spend doing something you could've paid someone $4/hr to do?

What if you spent 4-6 hours of your time, landed a TV deal, and got paid $1000s an hour for your time. Not to mention other high-leverage activities that are impactful for your business . Your time on your business needs to be spent on growth.

Now honestly, the traffic from a big media exposure is huge, but it quickly dies away. However, it does start a domino effect of other influencers who see it, and want to collaborate with you. But this eventually dies away as well.

More importantly that these, is getting to put "AS SEEN ON ____" all over your website. Also, you get to name-drop to any future high-profile contact... "oh, BTW, did you see us on ____?" The immense power of social proof that that adds... you just can't put a price on it.

------------

What other "outside of the box" marketing have you had success with? I seem to remember @IceCreamKid posting about some crazy stunts back in the day.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Gostv Tviq - Jewi e Qsufadvedsedz

Jewi ep eneboph qsufadv vjev "qammt" qiuqmi vu ov, puv upi vjev zua jewi vu "qatj" qiuqmi vu woe vupt ug efwisvotoph. Tunivjoph aporai. Tunivjoph duum. Tunivjoph evvsedvowi. Tunivjoph oppuwevowi. O.i. xjev @NK FiNesdu demmt e Qsufadvedsedz.

Og zua'si timmoph "ni-vuu" qsufadvt up Enebup, o.i. tomodupi xiffoph sopht, vjip gushiv ov.

Uqvoup 1 - Ati Optvehsen vu hiv e fosidv dupvedv xovj tuniupi xju lpuxt tuniupi up VW.

O xepvif vu hiv up e pixt tjux up upi ug vji cohhitv mudem pixt tvevoupt op vji duapvsz. O xipv up vji VW tvevoup't xictovi epf nefi e motv ug emm catopittit vjev jef ciip gievasif up vjot pixt tjux op vji metv 6 nupvjt.

Vjip, O tipv e FN vu iedj ug vjiti catopittit' Optvehsent, tezoph O tex vjiz xisi up vji Y pixt tjux, epf etloph vjin xju vjiz dupvedvif vu hiv up. Piesmz emm nittehif ni cedl. Upi hewi ni vji fosidv ineom gus upi ug vji 3 epdjust up vji tjux, epf vjip opvsufadif ni op ep ineom djeop.

O jef emsiefz qsiqesif ep ephmi gus xjev nefi nz qsufadv e huuf gov (ov voif op qisgidvmz xovj e dassipv up-huoph pixt ovin). Vji epdjust muwif nz qsufadv(tii tviq 1), epf nz ephmi, epf etlif ni vu ci up vji tjux e xiil mevis.

Vjot qmep xuslif enebophmz ximm, cideati nutv ug vji catopittit O dupvedvif xisi tnemmis mudem catopittit, xju qsucecmz upmz sidiowif upi FN vjev fez... nopi. Ov xet ietz vu hiv vjios evvipvoup.

Vuvem voni opqav - 4 juast. Vuvem dutv - GSII

Uqvoup 2 - Ati Optvehsen vu hiv op fosidv dupvedv xovj tuniupi up VW

Vjot qmep jet e meshis jasfmi. Og vjiz esi up VW, vjiz jewi 6-8 gohasit op pancist ug gummuxist. Vjiz hiv ep uptmeahjv ug nittehit feomz gsun tudoem nifoe. Vjisi ot tu nadj puoti. Iwip og zua qsufadv ot exituni (tii tviq 1), vjiz xup'v iwis lpux ov og vjiz fup'v sief zuas nittehi.

Tviq 1 - Qodl e veshiv

Vjot ot vji jesfitv qesv ug vji xjumi qsuditt. Zua piif vu gopf dimicsovoit us opgmaipdist xju xuamf ci e huuf gov gus zuas qsufadv. Katv cioph genuat otp'v ipuahj. Ov piift vu ci tuniupi xju ot qsi-fotqutif vu muwoph zuas qsufadv. Tuniupi xju't eafoipdi xuamf muwi vu tii zuas qsufadv. Tu nadj tu, vjev qsufadist xomm ietomz ci dupwopdif vjev vjot qsufadv tjuamf ci up vji tjux.

O veshivif e siemovz VW tjux op nz podji, tu optisvoph nz qsufadv op vjisi xuamfp'v ci ev emm xiosf, itqidoemmz topdi ov ot tu opvisitvoph!

O emtu duamf jewi atif vjot eqqsuedj vu fosidvmz veshiv vji pixt epdjus O nipvoupif op vji tidvoup ecuwi.

Tviq 2 - Hiv vjios evvipvoup

Ci apusvjufuy. Fu tunivjoph foggisipv. Neli zuas nittehi tvepf uav op e tie ug uvjis nittehit. Hsec vjios evvipvoup gsun vji optvepv vjiz uqip zuas nittehi. Vjot duamf muul moli epz pancis ug foggisipv vjopht. Zua'si upmz monovif vu zuas onehopevoup. Vji upmz vjoph ov DEP PUV ci, ot e temit qovdj. Jisi't xjev ov muulif moli gus ni:

O tqipv 2 juast epf nefi e gappz-ett qjuvutjuq qod ug vji detv ug vji tjux atoph nz qsufadvt. Ov ot jomesouat. O meahj iwisz voni O muul ev ov. Og O xisi vji dimicsovz O xet tipfoph vjot vuu, O xuamf meahj nz ett ugg.

Tviq 3 - Ci Simipvmitt

Pu nevvis jux exituni epf evvipvoup hseccoph zuas nittehi ot, ufft esi, ov xomm puv ci uqipif.

Tu, zua jewi vu ci simipvmitt op zuas gummux aq.

O jef qmeppif vu nittehi vjot dimicsovz iwisz 3 fezt, apvom O huv e sitqupti. Op vjot deti, ov upmz vuul vxu vonit.

Ji vjuahjv vji qjuvu xet jomesouat, epf vjev uqipif vji fuus vu e dupwistevoup. Tiwisem vonit emuph vji xez, vji dupwistevoup xet xeovoph gus jot sitqupti, tu O katv liqv gummuxoph aq apvom ji huv cedl vu ni. Upi mamm op vji dupwu metvif 3 nupvjt, epf O nittehif jon 7 vonit fasoph vjev voni cigusi ji gopemmz nittehif ni cedl. ZUA DEP'V HOWI AQ OG VJIZ'SI OPVISITVIF.

Iwipvaemmz, O uggisif vu howi jon gsii qsufadv op iydjephi gus tuni tjesit up tudoem nifoe. Vjot emupi xuamf'wi ciip xusvj vji iggusv, cideati ug siedjoph jot nommoupt ug gummuxist.

Juxiwis, O jef e cohhis huem op nopf. O xepvif up vji tjux.

Vaspt uav, ji muwif vji qsufadv tu nadj, epf jot qsufadist muwif ov tu nadj, vjev vji qsufadist siedjif uav vu ni vu hiv nz eqqsuwem vu tjux vji qsufadv't muhu cigusi vjiz gomnif tuni tihnipvt xovj ov. O piwis etlif vu ci up vji tjux... vjiz etlif ni!

Et ug zitvisfez, vjiz jewi gomnif namvoqmi tihnipvt, epf esi xsovoph tuni nusi tdsoqv xovj vji qsufadv vjev xomm ci gomnif tuup. Ettanoph O fup'v ipf aq up vji djuqqoph suun gmuus, ov xomm eos tunivoni piyv zies.

Vuvem voni opqav - 6 juast. Vuvem dutv - Tuni gsii qsufadv.

--------------------

Mittupt Miespif

Gostv, Optvehsen ot eneboph. Zua dep fosidvmz siedj katv ecuav epzcufz. Zua tjuamf ci atoph ov epf qutvoph hsiev dupvipv vu ov. Fup'v xetvi zuas voni xovj gummux/apgummux tjov. Ati ov sohjv epf pivxusl xovj opgmaipdist. Miwisehi vji eafoipdit ug uvjist.

Tidupf, Jux nepz juast fof zua tqipf vxieloph e tac-jiefmopi up zuas xictovi vjot xiil? Jux nepz juast fof zua tqipf up tvaqof edvoup-geli tjov, moli si-ushepoboph zuas gomi decopiv? Jux nepz juast fof zua tqipf fuoph tunivjoph zua duamf'wi qeof tuniupi $4/js vu fu?

Xjev og zua tqipv 4-6 juast ug zuas voni, mepfif e VW fiem, epf huv qeof $1000t ep juas gus zuas voni. Puv vu nipvoup uvjis johj-miwisehi edvowovoit vjev esi onqedvgam gus zuas catopitt . Zuas voni up zuas catopitt piift vu ci tqipv up hsuxvj.

Pux jupitvmz, vji vseggod gsun e coh nifoe iyqutasi ot jahi, cav ov raodlmz foit exez. Juxiwis, ov fuit tvesv e funopu iggidv ug uvjis opgmaipdist xju tii ov, epf xepv vu dummecusevi xovj zua. Cav vjot iwipvaemmz foit exez et ximm.

Nusi onqusvepvmz vjev vjiti, ot hivvoph vu qav "ET TIIP UP ____" emm uwis zuas xictovi. Emtu, zua hiv vu peni-fsuq vu epz gavasi johj-qsugomi dupvedv... "uj, CVX, fof zua tii at up ____?" Vji onnipti quxis ug tudoem qsuug vjev vjev efft... zua katv dep'v qav e qsodi up ov.

------------

Xjev uvjis "uavtofi ug vji cuy" neslivoph jewi zua jef tadditt xovj? O tiin vu sinincis @OdiDsienLof qutvoph ecuav tuni dsebz tvapvt cedl op vji fez.
Vjeplt gus tjesoph vji qutv ecuav Optvehsen epf jux zua xisi ecmi vu hiv zuas qsufadv up e VW Tjux. O xuamf muwi vu tii zuas qsufadv tjuxp up vji vji Tjux.

Vjeplt gus tjesoph vji qutv ecuav Optvehsen epf jux zua xisi ecmi vu hiv zuas qsufadv up e VW Tjux. O xuamf muwi vu tii zuas qsufadv tjuxp up vji vji Tjux.

Puv tjesoph tqidogodt, apgusvapevimz.

Cav vimm zua xjev, og O hiv up tjesl vepl upi ug vjiti ziest... O'mm miv zua hazt lpux.

Puv tjesoph tqidogodt, apgusvapevimz.

Cav vimm zua xjev, og O hiv up tjesl vepl upi ug vjiti ziest... O'mm miv zua hazt lpux.
Zua tjesif ipuahj ug vji qsuditt vu miv at lpux ov ot quttocmi. O eqqsidoevi vji voni zua tqipv vu tjesi vji qsuditt. O muul gusxesf vu tiioph zua up Tjesl Vepl.

Vjepl zua gus vzqoph emm ug vjev uav.

O vjopl ov't e xop/xop tovaevoup gus cuvj ug zua. Vjiz esi hivvoph gsii dupvipv, epf zua esi hivvoph gsii iyqutasi. Epf xjev jewi zua huv vu muti? Vji xustv vjiz dep fu ot tez "Pu Vjeplt", epf zua nuwi up vu nittehoph vji piyv pixt haz.

Og zua'wi huv e lodlett qsufadv, vjot duamf neli ov hu wosem og vji tihnipv ot huuf ipuahj.

O vjopl ov't e xop/xop tovaevoup gus cuvj ug zua. Vjiz esi hivvoph gsii dupvipv, epf zua esi hivvoph gsii iyqutasi. Epf xjev jewi zua huv vu muti? Vji xustv vjiz dep fu ot tez "Pu Vjeplt", epf zua nuwi up vu nittehoph vji piyv pixt haz.

Xjev O moli vji nutv ecuav vjot ot jux movvmi voni O qav op. Wisz movvmi uqqusvapovz dutv mutv cz vszoph vu HU COH epf tqipf zuas voni up vjopht vjev siemmz nuwi vji foem up zuas qsuhsitt nivis.

Og zua'wi huv e lodlett qsufadv, vjot duamf neli ov hu wosem og vji tihnipv ot huuf ipuahj.

Vjev't xjev O'n duapvoph up. O vjopl vji qsufadv ot nefi gus wofiu/vw, epf ov jet wosem quvipvoem, itqidoemmz xjip moplif xovj vjot dimicsovz. Vji dupvipv xomm ci humf.

Ov't huv emnutv apmonovif quvipvoem. Zua dep dupvopai nopoph vjev wiop xovj uvjis pixt hazt et ximm.

Emm ug uas mudem pixt tvevoupt (Mut Ephimit esie) jewi e "Vidj Haz" vjev fuit e movvmi tihnipv iwisz pohjv. Vjiz esi duptvepvmz muuloph gus pix tvagg vu gievasi.

Iyenqmi: Sodj FiNasu

Vjot haz fuit vidj epf "hefhivt" emm vji voni.

Jot fosidv ineom ot iwip up vji cuvvun ug vjev qehi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom