What's new

Howdy

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Skiboy

PARKED
Little bit about me. Never really got it. (The system, go to school, get good grades, and work for a big company with good benefits) Went to school did ok, teachers said I needed to go to Sylvan learning center, but that was about an hour and a half away from where I lived and my parent didn’t have the money. I was a grade ahead in math and a grade behind in English. Graduated in 2001 and went to college. Got straight A’s but I wasn’t happy. Why do I need to work so hard to get grades that don’t do squat for me. I’ve never had an employer look at my grades or even ask what classes I took.

Anyways after first year of college I moved back home and got a job working at a Plastics company making those stupid Santa stop here signs and other junk. With this income I put 100% of it toward waterskiing over the summer as much as possible, I worked hard at my fun. Sent out resumes and promoted myself. Got a contract to ski for six flags. I was stoked, $85 a day to water ski,… awesome. That’s twice what I made working for the plastics company.

Did contracts all over the world in the last 6 years. Didn’t pay too well, but I got to see most of the world. I remember my best pay was $135 a day. Not bad for playing around. But I was sick of moving and wanted to try this normal people thing. What a mistake.

The fall of 2005 I went back to school. Straight A’s again, took all business classes. Also started toward my insurance/security license. Got a job helping a broker part time. Went to visit my parents out in western Minnesota and found a RDPD book. Read it in two days. I was hooked. It all made sense to me.

I’m an E and have always been and E but I think like a B/I and have always been at tug-a-war with myself.

In May 2006 finished my Associates degree. Decided that’s far enough sense I don’t want to work for anyone but myself.

This is me now. I’m still working for the brokerage house, helping independent agents and selling insurance for THE MAN 40 hours a week. I can’t stand it (the man) but it doesn’t make sense when I’m so close to my exit.

The reason I’m stuck is that I became a normal person and got all these liability (doodads) such as a house, car, and other bills, but I’m fixing this. Got a friend that is renting a room from me. Also fixing the house up part time trying to build some equity in it.

As far as my job, they do let me day trade. I trade advanced options, collars, iron condors, calendars, and diagonals. I build my inventory and adjust as needed. Doing a consistent 3% a month. But still don’t have enough capital to exit.

I like this form because it promotes growth. Stretching one to think bigger and better, a true entrepreneur.

My short term goals are:

Form LLC trading company this year as a mark-to-market trader.
Leave w-2 job and sell independently under my Grandparents insurance agency 1099 income part time. I hope to take over their agency someday and mold it into a C-corporation doing what I’m doing for my current employer.

Refinance house and look for a rental property to purchase.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Wisz podi opvsu. Vjeplt gus tjesoph. Epf ximduni vu vji getvmepi.

Podi opvsu...vjeplt. Juqi xi dep jimq zua uav emuph vji xez -- muult moli zua'si up vji sohjv vsedl. Ximduni!

Vjeplt gus vji opvsu ... iwip vjuahj zua fofp'v iesp coh $$ tlooph, vjev tuapft moli e fsien duni vsai. O civ ziest gsun pux, zua xomm muul cedl ev vjuti vonit epf tez "Xux, vjev xet e hsiev iyqisoipdi".

Hsiev vu jewi epuvjis Uqvoupt haz esuapf -- O'n tasi "Ifhi" xomm ipkuz vjev!

O vsefi efwepdif uqvoupt, dummest, osup dupfust, demipfest, epf foehupemt. O caomf nz opwipvusz epf efkatv et piifif.

Ni vuu! O muul gusxesf vu jiesoph epf tjesoph!

:djiist:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom