What's new

I’m not Executing Properly (Need Help, Little Success in the Fastlane)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Yes you heard it right, 29 going on 30, and landing a man on Mars seems more hopeful then my chances reaching the fastlane.

My long story (can skip to TL😀R):

29, near Houston, and I’ve had many failures in business. From painting curbs, to cutting grass, I experienced short term success, but nothing you could say Fastlane.

I’ve read unscripted and TMF , my vehicle is primed and fueled, yet no success. Why? Maybe because I haven’t executed properly or have been chasing commoditized fields everyone else is doing? Maybe I’ve been lazy and have been chasing ideas, not execution?

Before reading TMF , my goal was to be a music producer. The field is highly commoditized even though my music is somewhat decent. Success was benign after networking and working for years.

As of today, most of my music is used on television shows (placed over 280+ episodes), which sounds like a lot but the pay isn’t. I’ve been getting around $400/month (royalties) for the past 2-3 years. I’ve made $4200+ this year, and expect another $600-1000, but I suddenly quit. Not that I just want to quit, but to reach my financial goals would require about 6,000 songs.

In Unscripted , MJ says while wanting for the perfect idea get off the couch and start selling. I did just that, averaging $500-$1000/month (this summer was great making $6000+ the last two months (around a little over $5000 profit that bills basically ate up). I sold and flipped jelly for wonder bread. If I listed it online, I read books Improving copy skills, tested conversions, and improved titles. Leads interested would call, and I’d sell them and close the deal. From Rims that we’re given to me from a neighbor selling for $150, to web design work. Anything to improve my skills for the Fastlane. Now that I exhausted my inventory, feels like I’m back at square 1.

Hate to ramble on and on, but everyone is like family to me on here.

TL😀R:
Read unscripted and TMF, vehicle is primed and fueled, yet no success. Why? Maybe because I haven’t executed properly or have been chasing commoditized fields everyone else is doing? Maybe I’ve been lazy and been conjured down chasing ideas, not execution?

Kind of just looking for an outside look on my situation and suggestions or advice?

I didn’t quit my job yet (something with little pay you could get out of high school) to cover the bills, but managed to save well over enough for a rainy day, and I have been stuck on the next step venturing into starting a new business.

I have a few ideas, nothing set in stone, but wondering if I should just choose one and go head on, or scrape them, or what is a good option to take?

- Designing lightweight bulletproof vest for students. School shootings are occurring more frequently and parents are concerned about their kids. The obstacles I would face would be the effectiveness of the vest, and then the legalities of owning a bullet proof vest (not sure if felons can own a vest, how easily these can be obtained). Also designing it lightweight where it doesn’t weigh a ton.

- Designing a great app for advertisers. A app which caters to the advertisers wanting to put their product or service out there. Obstacles would be getting my message across the millions of apps out there.

- Tiny house idea MJ mentioned in a earlier post. Sounds great and amazing. Obstacles would be getting enough of investment for the land and houses and getting the passed the legalities again with a tiny home.

- Market for sugar daddies/market for marijuana users. Not sure how far this would play, but since the closing of cl personals and the rise to marijuana users, I feel I could tap in the market with a better service. My obstacles I feel would be the FOSTA act and law enforcement for the marijuana app.

- Web design. Not saying I’m the best web designer or know it all, but I managed to get clients that were satisfied paying me a low around $500/per site(as I type this I had a previous client out of nowhere ready to purchase another site). My only concern is that I hope I wouldn’t be going into another commoditized field like I did with music. Fox has a lot of good advice and just wondering if it’s still a penetrable scaleable field.

I appreciate any post, suggestion, or advice. Even the tough love/kick me in the a$$ advice. Kind of feel like my mind is just scattered everywhere.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom