The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Am Not a Millionaire: Mindset Shifts from Failure to Financial Freedom

For any book discussion

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
While I'm in the process of wrapping up my first "real" book (in my mind), I want to share a collection of stories I wrote back in 2014, that can help you on your journey if you are just getting started.

Fear of failure, jumping from idea to idea, etc.

...its unedited and raw...but it's now free...enjoy.

upload_2016-3-30_13-36-2.png

https://s3.amazonaws.com/limitless-books/I_Am_Not_A_Millionaire_print.pdf

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
It was a good read, thanks.

Added on skype.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
It was a good read, thanks.

Added on skype.
Wow, that was quick... haha

In all honesty - I litereally just wrote this up to not really sell, but just to get my ideas out there - do you feel the gramatical errors take away from it? or is it easy to read past them?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
It was pretty entertaining to read, did not notice too many grammatical errors - I was fast reading it through some chapters and read other parts of it at a more leisured pace, will have to give it a more thorough read through it in the future.

I did spot a error in the index though.... "I'm in the minority .... and I didn't really know how lucky I was"

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
Hey @AndrewNC So I spent most of this afternoon through until now reading your book.
I have to say it was an awesome read and as I got into the flow I couldn't stop reading. Your concepts of don't put it off until tomorrow may have had something to do with me pretty much finishing it in one sitting haha.

I totally relate to a lot of your anecdotes such as the fog and thinking "when I have money everything will be fine".
Sure, some things will be easier or better but you will still have to communicate with other people, so making sure you have charisma and are a good guy to be around seem crucial. Those traits will probably also be vital if you're building a business which involves leading and managing people as no one will want to work for the fog man, right?

The entrepreneurial scholar is another good one. Too much learning is action faking. Reading that one extra book or article is not going to help significantly if I'm not able to apply it. As such YOUR BOOK IS THE LAST ONE I WILL READ BEFORE TAKING MY FIRST ACTIONS ON MY BUSINESS.

This short term disclipines also came at the right time:
"That week-long vacation you take this summer might seem like a better idea than being able to travel the world next year."
I am considering working in Asia in about 8 months if I can start making some decent online monies, but a proposed holiday with buddies this summer would throw that off course. Not going along anymore, and this concept confirmed it.

In terms of constructive criticism, I would say you could be more consistent with the bold, underlines and end of section summaries.
Sometimes I didn’t realise if it was a whole new section or whatever. Also using "..." a lot where a full stop would look better.
Anyway, I know you were in a rush, it was impressive to have written this in the time you did.
Hope the suggestions help for the next draft if you're planning on revising it!

I'll send you an email if that's ok?

antro

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Dec 3, 2015
Germany
Thanks heaps Andrew, a legendary contributer you are indeed!
After skimming over the first few paragraphs on my phone it immediately resonated with me.

Key takeaway for me was the mindset frame of:
a) Play to win
vs.
b) Play to not lose

This risk-averse mindset is exactly what I'm working on right now and I feel your book will be one step in the right direction for me.
Too often, I feel myself choosing path B on auto-pilot. For anyone else feeling this way, your book might be well worth reading.

PS: They formatting or typo subtleties you are having doubts about are largely overshadowed by the impact your words have.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hey @AndrewNC So I spent most of this afternoon through until now reading your book.
I have to say it was an awesome read and as I got into the flow I couldn't stop reading. Your concepts of don't put it off until tomorrow may have had something to do with me pretty much finishing it in one sitting haha.

I totally relate to a lot of your anecdotes such as the fog and thinking "when I have money everything will be fine".
Sure, some things will be easier or better but you will still have to communicate with other people, so making sure you have charisma and are a good guy to be around seem crucial. Those traits will probably also be vital if you're building a business which involves leading and managing people as no one will want to work for the fog man, right?

The entrepreneurial scholar is another good one. Too much learning is action faking. Reading that one extra book or article is not going to help significantly if I'm not able to apply it. As such YOUR BOOK IS THE LAST ONE I WILL READ BEFORE TAKING MY FIRST ACTIONS ON MY BUSINESS.

This short term disclipines also came at the right time:
"That week-long vacation you take this summer might seem like a better idea than being able to travel the world next year."
I am considering working in Asia in about 8 months if I can start making some decent online monies, but a proposed holiday with buddies this summer would throw that off course. Not going along anymore, and this concept confirmed it.

In terms of constructive criticism, I would say you could be more consistent with the bold, underlines and end of section summaries.
Sometimes I didn’t realise if it was a whole new section or whatever. Also using "..." a lot where a full stop would look better.
Anyway, I know you were in a rush, it was impressive to have written this in the time you did.
Hope the suggestions help for the next draft if you're planning on revising it!

I'll send you an email if that's ok?

Thanks for the feedback! Editing my next book now (which I Feel is replacing this one because it covers a lot more content with more lessons)

Thanks heaps Andrew, a legendary contributer you are indeed!
After skimming over the first few paragraphs on my phone it immediately resonated with me.

Key takeaway for me was the mindset frame of:
a) Play to win
vs.
b) Play to not lose

This risk-averse mindset is exactly what I'm working on right now and I feel your book will be one step in the right direction for me.
Too often, I feel myself choosing path B on auto-pilot. For anyone else feeling this way, your book might be well worth reading.

PS: They formatting or typo subtleties you are having doubts about are largely overshadowed by the impact your words have.
:) - The way I view it - if you want something in life, you're not going to get it unless you run straight towards it, instead of running away!

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
This is pretty awesome. The first couple pages spoke to me so closely that it got me super excited to read more.

One of the first things I noticed after getting home and pulling it up on my desktop is that it appears in the places you copy and pasted, that there is a very light color behind the text. I only noticed it starting at the story about the CEO when you admitted to copying and pasting it.

Also, page 29, last sentence, "This might sound like a simple exercise, but as you are beginning to catch which words are our out of line with your positive beliefs, you will begin to see more success in your life."

Just a slight typo.

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this! I'm going back to reading!

raden1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Dec 31, 2015
I have skimmed it. I know you get grief for some of your more ahem, "extreme" advice and NLP wizardry. I'm not 100% on how I feel about that yet. I know I've personally disagreed with some stuff you've said. I also agree with other stuff.

I try and steer clear of the forum drama. I'm under no illusion there is one entrepreneurial God that is 100% right about everything. Keep what is useful, discard what is useless.

But it overall seems useful. I think there is plenty of practical advice and relate-able characters/stories. Good Job.

I agree with Eos, it looks more like a long sales page instead of a book. The way you choose to do your bolding gives this appearance. To me anyway.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Only read the first 80/90 pages so take this with a grain of salt....

Formatting is incredibly easy on the eyes, frequent breaks, "natural" language flow and bullet points help to break up and summarise your main points.

The flow of anecdotal evidence within your overall story is seamless and easily transitions.

Admittedly, I only skimmed but the course of the rhetoric and ideas presented are integrated well and with a natural easy flow conducive to the average reader.

I may not fully agree with the content, but in terms of formatting I am relatively impressed with such an admitted fly by night effort(you mention the first x amount of pages being rattled off rather quickly).

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I'm about halfway through now, really liking it so far.

If the new book is even better, I'm sure it will be hit!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.