- Joined
- Jul 5, 2015
- Messages
- 67
Rep Bank
$580
$580
User Power: 225%
And I finally feel free.
Background: I just graduated college this Spring, and couldn't think what I wanted to do. I always wanted to become an Entrepreneur, ever since I started running my Computer Repair business through Craigslist my Freshman year of college. At 18, I could actually help people fix something that is so necessary in today's world, and it was so exciting to me. Fast forward two years, and I had the opportunity to run a branch of another small business. I learned even more about management, leadership, and how to run a brick and mortar business. I realized what the real costs of becoming an Entrepreneur were, and shied away from starting a business. I got a job working in the logistics industry. I was gung-ho about the opportunity to make a 6-figure income right out of college, and pounced at the position. About 2 months later, I find myself on this site, and on Amazon purchasing MJ's book. It opens up my passion for becoming an Entrepreneur, and helps me realize that becoming free financially and in your time is actually something you can do without having to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars. I found myself at work daydreaming about the opportunities online, and I couldn't find a passion for doing what I was doing any more. I explained to my supervisor that my head wasn't in the game, and I would be happy to look for another position within the company that doesn't require 50+ hour weeks while being on call 24/7, but I couldn't put in another hour at work in the position I was in. There were no other positions open within the company, so it was my time to go: I offered my two weeks notice to continue to help out, as my manager was out the next week, but they terminated me immediately.
I feel so free right now. It feels like the start of a new life for me.
I'm sure many are going to ask, just as my parents are: What is your plan? How are you going to pay rent? When are you going to start looking for jobs?
I know that all of that is relevant, and will need to be addressed soon. That being said, I can't help but want to celebrate, and spend more time on my "side hustle" that has been in the making over the past month. It's going to be a journey, an adventure, and a struggle, but that's all part of becoming a Fastlaner.
"What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do."
So what did this teach me today? Action is powerful. Don't be scared of what will happen, because there is ALWAYS a way to a better future. You don't have to settle for mediocrity and an unhappy life. Stop thinking, and take action. Once you actually start doing, you will breed success. I kept putting off my growing distaste for my job, and it just made things worse and worse. Once I actually spoke up, it felt freeing. Be honest with yourself, others, and your future, and do what you feel is right. In the wise words of one of my favorite brands, "Just Do It."
I will continue to post on this forum over time, and I am looking forward to the journey ahead. Feel free to post advice, comments, or criticisms below.
Background: I just graduated college this Spring, and couldn't think what I wanted to do. I always wanted to become an Entrepreneur, ever since I started running my Computer Repair business through Craigslist my Freshman year of college. At 18, I could actually help people fix something that is so necessary in today's world, and it was so exciting to me. Fast forward two years, and I had the opportunity to run a branch of another small business. I learned even more about management, leadership, and how to run a brick and mortar business. I realized what the real costs of becoming an Entrepreneur were, and shied away from starting a business. I got a job working in the logistics industry. I was gung-ho about the opportunity to make a 6-figure income right out of college, and pounced at the position. About 2 months later, I find myself on this site, and on Amazon purchasing MJ's book. It opens up my passion for becoming an Entrepreneur, and helps me realize that becoming free financially and in your time is actually something you can do without having to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars. I found myself at work daydreaming about the opportunities online, and I couldn't find a passion for doing what I was doing any more. I explained to my supervisor that my head wasn't in the game, and I would be happy to look for another position within the company that doesn't require 50+ hour weeks while being on call 24/7, but I couldn't put in another hour at work in the position I was in. There were no other positions open within the company, so it was my time to go: I offered my two weeks notice to continue to help out, as my manager was out the next week, but they terminated me immediately.
I feel so free right now. It feels like the start of a new life for me.
I'm sure many are going to ask, just as my parents are: What is your plan? How are you going to pay rent? When are you going to start looking for jobs?
I know that all of that is relevant, and will need to be addressed soon. That being said, I can't help but want to celebrate, and spend more time on my "side hustle" that has been in the making over the past month. It's going to be a journey, an adventure, and a struggle, but that's all part of becoming a Fastlaner.
"What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do."
So what did this teach me today? Action is powerful. Don't be scared of what will happen, because there is ALWAYS a way to a better future. You don't have to settle for mediocrity and an unhappy life. Stop thinking, and take action. Once you actually start doing, you will breed success. I kept putting off my growing distaste for my job, and it just made things worse and worse. Once I actually spoke up, it felt freeing. Be honest with yourself, others, and your future, and do what you feel is right. In the wise words of one of my favorite brands, "Just Do It."
I will continue to post on this forum over time, and I am looking forward to the journey ahead. Feel free to post advice, comments, or criticisms below.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
