The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have capital and need ideas

Jesus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 11, 2015
Florida
Can you direct me to this options thread? Thanks

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
you gotta buy an INSIDERS subscription. The public facing forum has all the gold, but the platinum is in the vault ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
I have $200k in capital. Any ideas on new startup or investments? I was thinking rental properties but have never gotten into real estate.
If I remember correctly, you run an e-commerce business right? Why not invest in what you already know? If you business can't grow any more you could invest into more e-commerce businesses. For $200k you could buy a couple small e-commerce businesses and grow them.
Your ROI% should be a lot better than any other investment you don't know about.

Last edited:

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
How did you get the 200k...do that again...
I always assume when people say i have x amount of money a family member died and they got money. You'd be surprised how much a single child gets if their parents died. I find it funny that people assume that someones made x amount of dollars if they're asking "what do I do with the money I made".

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder why so many people who used to have an INSIDERS subscription are no longer subscribed.
Is there a specific reason why you're not on the inside anymore?

I never had an INSIDERS subscription, unless I'm super high and have a giant blacked out portion of my memory.

I didn't get one because my problem has always been speed and consistency of execution. I have no shortage of ideas and posting a "rah rah look at me" thread won't keep me accountable. I also don't really need to know details of how someone built their business, as I'm content and used to finding things out on my own.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Jesus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 11, 2015
Florida
If I remember correctly, you run an e-commerce business right? Why not invest in what you already know? If you business can't grow any more you could invest into more e-commerce businesses. For $200k you could buy a couple small e-commerce businesses and grow them.
Your ROI% should be a lot better than any other investment you don't know about.

Yes, that is correct. My business sells consumer electronics online. I work from home. I have just been thinking of getting into something else to bring in more passive income. BTW, nobodies family member has died here as one suggest. Lol, I have worked hard.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
You've been a member here since 2015. I'm certain you have seen several potentially profitable business models to research/invest in.

Nevertheless:

If you want to know more about real estate I would look up @SteveO 's post.
@EvanOkanagan

I'm sure there are more via the search bar.

Don't know what else to say the answers are here all around.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Ideas where to invest 200k are everywhere. Ideas on where to invest 200k and get a specific result... ahhh now you're talking. What is your goal with the 200k? Turn it into a million in a year? Grow it at 10% a year? Produce an income? Depending on what your goals are depends on the best place to invest it.

(I have been on a journey of looking to invest excess money as well and I've decided to keep it simple and then live off the income.)

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I have $200k in capital. Any ideas on new startup or investments? I was thinking rental properties but have never gotten into real estate.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...i-have-some-money-what-do-i-do-threads.52906/

I always assume when people say i have x amount of money a family member died and they got money. You'd be surprised how much a single child gets if their parents died. I find it funny that people assume that someones made x amount of dollars if they're asking "what do I do with the money I made".

or slipped on pee pee at costco.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/i-am-not-responsible-required-reading.20271/

[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]
@AllenCrawley @Andy Black

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Pay me $199,000 and I'll teach you how to start a business with only $1,000.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I also don't really need to know details of how someone built their business, as I'm content and used to finding things out on my own.

Not the most optimal way to grow a business. Why not learn from the mistakes of others instead of making them yourself?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How did you acquire the $200K to begin with? Most people never see $200K in their entire life. The reason I ask is you should start there, assuming it wasn't an inheritance or a lawsuit payout.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
First your depressed and lost, now you have $200k but no home for it.. All this sounds very suspect to me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Also, don't flash your cash online, it's not safe.

Yea I wonder how many zero-posting users will PM him ... "hey man, read your post ... gotta great business opportunity for you."

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How did you acquire the $200K to begin with? Most people never see $200K in their entire life. The reason I ask is you should start there, assuming it wasn't an inheritance or a lawsuit payout.
Yeah... "Grow what you know."

Jesus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 11, 2015
Florida
Ideas where to invest 200k are everywhere. Ideas on where to invest 200k and get a specific result... ahhh now you're talking. What is your goal with the 200k? Turn it into a million in a year? Grow it at 10% a year? Produce an income? Depending on what your goals are depends on the best place to invest it.

(I have been on a journey of looking to invest excess money as well and I've decided to keep it simple and then live off the income.)

My goal is to make it produce passive income in the future.

lol. I assure you. I have not slipped on any pee or inherited any money from no one. I am not even wealthy.

I just have a business that sells online. It is not a multi-million dollar business or anything like that but it has allowed me to work from home and do what I want financially and has given me some freedom. That is it. I am always still looking for more opportunists. From my business profits of course I use what I need for my own income but I try to take from it as little as possible for myself and so I reinvest some back into the same business to grow it and I save the other aside to have for other business opportunities. To better explain the 200k. I guess I used the wrong words buy saying it's just capital. This is a combination or personal capital saved and some of the business credit I have available.

I was really thinking of buying properties that I can flip, rent, appreciate and sale later in a low income city but after someone suggested where to find more information for this in the forum. I have been reading but to be honest with the landlord horror stories in these kinds of cities I am reconsidering it. If anyone know more about investing in these types of areas. Any advice?

Also, don't flash your cash online, it's not safe.

Thanks for the tip. Was just looking for some advice. I definitely thought about it.

First your depressed and lost, now you have $200k but no home for it.. All this sounds very suspect to me.

Exactly why. As suggested by others in that exact thread. Chasing new challenges and setting new goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.