• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

SIDE HUSTLE I Have Fallen and I MUST Get Up

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

larrymclean

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
187%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
I recently posted about my Unscripted move to Jordan and my failure to Succeed. I had to abort my plan because of the war next door in the Holy Land. I had to pull chalks because tourism dried up and I had no income.

I am now experiencing the consequences of my risky action. I did not plan on failing. I did not plan on being back in the US with no car, no job, no money. As a friend of mine recently shared…. “the dildo of consequences does not come well lubed”.

So now what? I have an active website for scuba diving instruction, indepthscuba.com. It has been around for a while and I get a lot of Seattle traffic. I have a good standing in the search engines. People find me easily when searching for scuba diving in Seattle.

I get frequent calls from people who have lost items in one of our lakes or in the Puget Sound. I am currently not equipped to capitalize on these, but the need is clearly there. So, I have reached out to the local dive community, and I am collecting a list of divers who can be on call when needed.

My value add is that I get the leads and I can sell. I think this can be a valuable service in the heat of the moment and many of my peers are afraid to ask for a high dollar amount for the search and recovery service. If they do get the call they provide the service for a fraction of its value.

So here is venture of the week to put a little grocery money in my pocket. I am working on my contact list of Search and Recovery Divers. I will be the guy who brokers the deal, and I will get a cut. So far, I have three dividers who are willing to be available on call for this service. I am in the process of designing a new page for the website dedicated to Emergency Search and Recovery.

This is not going to make me wealthy, but it could kick in a few much-needed dollars at a time when every dollar counts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back