What's new

I have finally arrived...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Kaiwentsolo

New Contributor
Hello all,

I've been meaning to write one of these after lurking on here for a few days. So here goes...

Before I start though, I'd like to say I am a sixteen year-old African-American who is a sophomore in high school. I'm still working on the narcissistic nature that I adopted when I was younger from the relatives I was around. But in the past 2 years I've been becoming more and more open to construtctive criticism.

It's taken me a while to realize what was waiting for me after putting eighty-percent into school. Honestly I miss the days before I went to middle school. After reading a quite a few books since last fall. (Including Unscripted which is why and how I arrived here). I realized how much my dreams and overall pureness was squashed by the adults, or peers in my life. I remember watching the Iron Man movies and seeing Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark as a genius, who did inherit the business from his father. But it was the nonchalance and comedic attitude in most instances that got to me. I wanted to live without much worry about things because I knew I had control. (I was around seven or eight mind you).

(My family has 5 people with masters, some with more than one. All have worked in the public education system, some still do at the age of 45+. The amount of complaints I've heard at dinners is unfathomable, and confused my younger self why they couldn't just stop working there).

Quite a few years pass with me not knowing exactly what I want to do. Meanwhile my mom was pushing me towards the path of going to college to become an engineer. Which I did consider it something I would be interested in. Then I looked at the options for work around where I live and the reviews of work hours just seemed terrible for the salary.

I think around then is when I had my FTE, after working hard in school to get into the private schools that had high tuition costs even with scholarships. I realized that I needed to change things fast, not just so I could regain that dream my younger self envisioned. But also so I could repay my mother who invested more than I could ask for into a path that I realized wasn't my own.

It took me about a year of drifting around, but I finally found a circle of kids in the public high school I attend now. Who have already been preparing for future financial freedom as well as success since eighth grade. (Yes I convinced my mother to not pay $5,000 a school year just for me not to go get a degree that won't help me. Then work for someone else the rest of my life stuck in one country).

Since I started hanging out with that group back in November, they've helped me setup some agencies and other businesses. I adopted the mindset that money buys time, and that I shouldn't sacrifice my life's time entirely on chasing money. The past year I've been focusing on living and learning, Friday nights are the same as Monday's. Less time stressing about the test on Thursday. Dropping the whole, "Twenty-twenty-something is going to be the year I really lock in", mentality. I instead starting on that August instead of waiting four whole months to become better. Life has been so much more enjoyable since then. I have a good feeling that if I keep my focus. While building the blocks for these businesses, learning from people like MJ, and spreading the Unscripted word. That by the time I graduate I'll be able live in control, and by the time I'm the age my parents finished college. I'll have paid them back for everything they've given me, and living comfortably.

With that,
I hope that I can learn from you all while on my journey to becoming fully Unscripted.
Kai :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom