What's new

I (honestly) need help with my business model and/or business...

Idea threads
Marketing, social media, advertising
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

justusmunene

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
I don't know if this actually belongs to the "IDEA" prefix but...

Some background, I had made a post awhile back on a new business we had started with a friend on providing roadside assistance service as brokers - connecting drivers with roadside assistance service providers.
Fast forward to now, and we somehow (I use this word very lightly) made it into an accelerator program (can provide details if required). This was a double-edged sword in that - yes, it's an accelerator and it'll climax with a funding round (that is, if investors find your startup worth investing in), but also being in the accelerator kind of made us complacent with working on the business as actively because we kind of relied on TL;DR being spoonfed (if you're lost, I'll explain).

Currently, our business model is a subscription/membership business model. We offer memberships (billed annually) to drivers and companies (various, that have their fleet on the road). Ashamedly, we have zero, and I mean nada customers and this is because of a lot of reasons... we (my co-founder and I) suck at marketing, like big-time but also we don't know or there's this inherent fear to put ourselves out there AND we're also not giving the business the time it needs. Another big reason is we don't know if this is the right business model, our biggest concern is recurring revenue. Hypothetically, if we do onboard a customer, even though it's a subscription it's more like a one-time sale and this is annual revenue and not monthly (I don't know if this makes sense).

Anyway, we're working with too many hypotheticals and the inaction makes it worse. To be honest, we feel stranded (and we're not doing anything about it). Is there a "right" business model? Is our business model wrong? Sometimes we lose heart/don't believe in our own business/startup... the idea is validated though, roadside assistance sucks in this country, and this is both observed feedback (hopefully not an observation fallacy) as well as feedback from prospects. The problem is, our solution is interesting to prospects but not interesting enough to close a prospect ("there's no hook in our 'pitch'" to quote one prospect's feedback), that is, our solution isn't interesting enough to onboard customers (yes, it's a given we've reached very few prospects)

So what am I doing wrong? Also, what's a good business model for such a business? I forgot to mention that our service is a 24-hr service but I feel like this will come to bite me back. What do I do?
I acknowledge up till now we might've made some pretty bad decisions (not making a decision is also a bad decision) and I'm literally clutching at any straws to save me from sinking. Help?!

P.S. The accelerator did give us 4 freelancers - 2 sales people and 2 digital marketers. We also have one month to get some traction at least before demo day (pitching). And if I'm being honest I don't know how exactly to use the freelancers, so how can I use them to test product-market fit as well as onboard customers (our target is 100).
I'll appreciate any feedback/insight

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom