What's new

I hope my intro is not too dramatic

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

maggiesumagang

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
My name is Maggie and I’ve been changing from slow lane to fast lane mindset ever since I finished the book. By some odd twist of fate, my mom also began urging me to quit my 7-year IT career and help her with the family business--at the time I got introduced to the book.

We have 2 family businesses. I need guidance for both since both are out of control, but I’ll tackle first the one that I am fully in charge (the other one is being managed by our partner far away from home).

Here’s is a not-so-quick history of family business 1:

Twelve years ago, my mom (who is very kind and charitable) invested on a trading business. She had 2 employees, husband and wife but mostly the wife managed everything and the husband was in charge for deliveries. Let’s call the wife LORAC. She invested on Lorac and her husband mainly because they were bankrupt and had 1 kid. I want to emphasize the Lorac managed everything, meaning bank accounts were named after her (for reasons I cannot divulge here), my mom trusted her and she proved to be trustworthy.

For twelve years Lorac remitted a fairly good amount of money every quarter. I’d say my mom started a good fast lane business without her even knowing it—she automated it, and had a pretty good chance for scaling up. On the other hand, Lorac did pretty well managing the small trading business and I say the persevering couple was a great team. In time, the company was able to buy assets such as delivery vans.

A few years ago things started to get sour between Lorac and mom. Lorac complained that the business was starting to decline and she will be remitting less. Despite that, Lorac wanted to buy a passenger van to help with the deliveries and to start a rent-a-car business using the money she will be remitting to my mom for that year. My mom did not agree and from then on Lorac cut all communications with us. A year or more has passed and lo and behold! Lorac bought an empty lot and built a big house in the same village we were living—less than a block from our house. Beside the house was also a warehouse—we’re guessing where she would put the goods.

My mom (who is a peaceful and reserved woman) decided to let Lorac get away with it. But this is where the plot thickens… my mom’s friend (let’s call him Winer) urged her to start a new trading company to compete with Lorac’s!

Back then when Winer presented his trading business proposal to us it seemed very profitable and as if everything will sail smoothly. But after reading the book I realized it actually violates letter “C” control which is causing a lot of problems to us right now. Nevertheless, Winer keeps on comparing our new company to Lorac’s saying “how come Lorac did it?”

I will end my post for now and begin a progress thread.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ov't tef siemmz ...O vjopl vjev dupvopait vu jeqqip iwiszxjisi. Catopitt ot catopitt epf natv ci vsievif et tadj civxiip vxu us nusi qiuqmi. Vjot ot qsucecmz puv vji citv qmedi vu wipv zuas gsatvsevoup cav zua dep tipf ni e QN. O jewi tuni iyqisoipdi op vjot esie.

Vjeplt Vonnz! Edvaemmz nz situmwi ot vu tvez uav ug vji dupgmodv civxiip nun epf jis iy-catopitt qesvpis. Nz gudat pux ot hsuxoph uas pix catopitt. Nezci O dep miesp e vjoph us vxu gsun Mused't catopitt nufim cav O xepv vu onqsuwi ov cz csophoph ov dmutis vu gummux vji DIPVT qsopdoqmit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom