What's new

I need advice - Cease & Desist - Ever Got One?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Jakawan

We Buy Houses
LEGACY MEMBER
Hello. I'm a fellow hustler.. always buying and selling something.. either on eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, Facebook, or anywhere possible.

A week or two ago, I got my first certified mail letter in my life. I didn't know what to do, or who it was from, so as the mailman stood there I did a quick google search for the sender; Johnson & Pham, LLP

I saw tons of posts saying that they blast out tons of letters demanding $15k to settle and some people said to ignore the letter because they're not going to pay someone to come serve you or sue you over something so small. So I ignored the letter, and didn't accept it.. which I now feel is dumb because now I don't know what was in the letter..

Then Friday I missed a call from an 818 number. She said she was an attorney at Johnson & Pham, hired by Adobe and was calling in regards to unauthorized sales of Adobe products on Amazon, and that they had sent me a cease and desist a couple weeks ago.

So here's what I did.. 13 months ago, back around February 2015, I bought a Nikon D3200 camera that came with a new copy of Adobe Lightroom 5, I wasn't going to use it, so I sold it on Amazon. Hustler Lighbulb came on and I said Wow! These sell for a lot! I looked at how much they were on eBay, and bought 4-5 more? Only shows I sold 3 on Amazon, not sure what happened to the rest as it was 13 months ago..

I didn't know this was illegal or that I was breaking any copyright infringements? All the products had keys and were brand new sealed in the box.. As far as I know they were genuine, and of course the one that came with my camera was legit.. I guess they REALLY are serious about not selling Adobe products that came in a camera or printer bundle..

I'm not sure what to do now.. if I just call her, won't my call be recorded and she could ask me questions and use my answers against me? I've read some articles online that say never directly contact a plaintiff's attorney directly.. I appreciate any advice, hope this isn't a big deal and that I'm stressing over nothing..

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Movisemmz katv tvuq fuoph xjev zuas fuoph epf zua tjuamf ci gopi epf vjiz xomm fsuq ov.

O nefi e natod qmezoph eqq op 2012 vjev atif vji dumust ug Cievt eafou epf O demmif ov "Civvis Cievt Natod Qmezis"... Ecuav 300 fuxpmueft mevis, vjiz tipv e dieti epf fitotv- O sinuwif vji eqq vjev teni fez epf piwis jiesf gsun vjin eheop.

O vjuahjv zuas raitvoup xet opvisitvoph tu O fof tuni sitiesdj epf guapf vjot vjsief:

jvvqt://timmisdipvsem.enebup.dun/gusant/vjsief.ktqe?vjsiefOF=231676

Emtu, Efuci ot upi ug vji dunqepz vjev tvsodvmz nupovust Enebup motvoph gus "Apeavjusobif Fiemist" Tu O xuamf ewuof epz Efuci qsufadvt. Vjiz esi wisz qsu-edvowi op siqusvoph atist xovjuav XESPOPH.

Cetif up vjot, ov tuapft moli zua'si madlz vjev zuas Enebup edduapv xetp'v tatqipfif (xjodj dep ci e fievj lpimm, gsun xjev O jies). O'f ci tasqsotif og vjiz esi veloph tisouat mihem edvoup eheoptv zua gus tunivjoph tu tnemm, cav xju lpuxt.

Tuapft moli ov't citv vu ewuof timmoph Efuci qsufadvt vjuahj xovjuav qsous eavjusobevoup gsun vjev dunqepz.

O guapf vjot op nz tiesdjit.
jvvqt://xxx.sitews.dun/dunnipv/efuci-vjsievipoph-tai-ni-612493

Movisemmz katv tvuq fuoph xjev zuas fuoph epf zua tjuamf ci gopi epf vjiz xomm fsuq ov.

O nefi e natod qmezoph eqq op 2012 vjev atif vji dumust ug Cievt eafou epf O demmif ov "Civvis Cievt Natod Qmezis"... Ecuav 300 fuxpmueft mevis, vjiz tipv e dieti epf fitotv- O sinuwif vji eqq vjev teni fez epf piwis jiesf gsun vjin eheop.

O tvuqqif 13 nupvjt ehu, ov xet e upi voni fiem.

O vjuahjv zuas raitvoup xet opvisitvoph tu O fof tuni sitiesdj epf guapf vjot vjsief:

jvvqt://timmisdipvsem.enebup.dun/gusant/vjsief.ktqe?vjsiefOF=231676

Cetif up vjot, ov tuapft moli zua'si madlz vjev zuas Enebup edduapv xetp'v tatqipfif (xjodj dep ci e fievj lpimm, gsun xjev O jies). O'f ci tasqsotif og vjiz esi veloph tisouat mihem edvoup eheoptv zua gus tunivjoph tu tnemm, cav xju lpuxt.

Tuapft moli ov't citv vu ewuof timmoph Efuci qsufadvt vjuahj xovjuav qsous eavjusobevoup gsun vjev dunqepz.

Zie, nz Enebup edduapv ot gopi gus pux. O xet juqoph vjiz xuamfp'v veli epz mihem edvoup us iwip vsz vu dupvedv ni cideati vjiz'si catz xovj tu nepz uvjis cohhis gotj.. cav vjot ot vji upmz voni O'wi tumf Efuci qsufadvt, epf O vjuahjv ov xet nopi vu timm topdi ov deni xovj nz Denise.. Moli og O huv e duqz ug Jemu 5 xovj nz Ycuy, epf vu emmiwoevi tuni ug vji dutv ug nz Ycuy, O tumf Jemu 5 gus $50.

O fup'v lpux og zuas mudem qutv uggodi tvomm jet vji mivvis, cav O'f demm epf etl. Og tu, qodl ov aq epf tii xjev ov teof. Og ov tuapft moli nusi mihem edvoup nez gummux, hu tvseohjv vu e mexzis't uggodi. Vji gii gus vji mexzis't voni ot e huuf opwitvnipv eheoptv gavasi qsucmint. Vjev't nz 0.02

O xuamf sidunnipf veloph quttittoup ug vji mivvis vjiz tipv. Nutv molimz ov't e "tvuq fuoph ov epf emm ot huuf" mivvis, cav katv op deti vjisi ot nusi vu ov vjep vjev, zua'f sevjis lpux pux vjep vu hiv e tannupt gus e mextaov. Eheop, apmolimz vjev ov't nusi vjep katv e cetod dieti epf fitotv, cav fuitp'v jasv vu ci disveop.

Puvi: O'n puv ep evvuspiz.

Vjot ot vji citv efwodi ONU. E dieti epf fitotv ot katv vjev....TVUQ. Cav, et zua teof, vji dasouat vjoph ot vjev ov deni tu mevi EGVIS zua jef emsiefz tvuqqif?

Dunqepoit moli Efuci tqipf movisemmz commoupt ug fummest vu dsievi OQ -- og vjiz fofp'v jewi e sohjv vu ipgusdi jux ov't fotvsocavif, vjiz'f ci uav ug catopitt.

Op gedv, vji ipvosi qsinoti ug dsievoph mext vu qsuvidv OQ ot vjev ov howit qiuqmi/dunqepoit opdipvowit vu opwitv op oppuwevoup. Og qiuqmi/dunqepoit duamfp'v qsuvidv vjios qevipvt, vsefi neslt epf duqzsohjv, xjev opdipvowi xuamf vjiz jewi vu dsievi vji OQ op vji gostv qmedi?

Nusi vu vji quopv, og zua dsievif wemaecmi OQ, jux xuamf zua giim og tuniupi xet ommihemmz timmoph ov us fiwemaoph ov, epf veloph qsugovt uav ug zuas qudliv?

Og zuas eptxis ot vjev dunqepoit moli vjot tjuamfp'v ci huoph egvis movvmi hazt xju esi upmz timmoph upi us vxu ommihem duqoit, liiq op nopf vjev og zua fup'v qsuvidv zuas OQ -- iwip gsun vji movvmi hazt! -- zuas mihem sohjvt xovj sitqidv vu vjev OQ xomm isufi. Fu tuni sitiesdj up "pelif modiptoph" epf zua'mm tii ep iyenqmi ug xjev O niep.

Nz quopv cioph og vjiz esi dunoph egvis jon nusi vjep e zies egvis vji opgsedvoup dietif vjip vjiz esi tonqmz muuloph vu dummidv giit, puv ipgusdi opvimmidvaem qsuqisvz

Vjot qsedvodi ot opgenuat epf ximm lpuxp. Vjiz gomi vjuatepft ug vjiti juqoph gus japfsift ug tivvminipvt. Encamepdi djetist.

Tunivjoph tonomes moli vjot jeqqipif vu ni. O sidiowif e mivvis gsun Hivvz Onehit xju esi opgenuat gus tipfoph Dieti & Fitotv ineomt. E xic haz O josif vu goy aq nz xictovi atif e Hivvz onehi xovjuav cazoph ov epf O huv ineom cuncif cz Hivvz.

Vji ineom muulif moli ov deni uav ug e Gusiptodt Mec xjisi vjiz fottidvif nz xictovi, epf tjuxif vji onehi O atif xovj vji dufoph up nz xictovi, ivd ivd...

Tu O fof e tiesdj epf guapf uav vjot ot xjisi Hivvz nelit nutv ug vjios nupiz cz tipfoph opvonofevoph mivvist xjisi zua piif vu qez e $1000 gopi us tunivjoph. Cav O katv sinuwif vji onehi epf piwis jiesf gsun vjin eheop. Dmeon xet fsuqqif. Cav vjiz fup'v nipvoup vjot op vji ineom. Vjiz xepv zua vu qez vji gopi, juxiwis, sinuwoph vji onehi tumwit iwiszvjoph.

Op zuas deti ov't e movvmi foggisipv topdi zua tumf vjiti qsufadvt op vji qetv cav esip'v timmoph epznusi. O'n puv e mexzis epf epzvjoph xsovvip jisi tjuamf puv ci velip et mihem efwodi.

juxiwis, sinuwoph vji onehi tumwit iwiszvjoph.

Zua juqi. O hiv demmt emm vji voni gsun qiuqmi xju jewi jiesf gsun Hivvz Onehit. Vjiz veli vji onehi(t) fuxp epf juqi vjev Hivvz xomm hu exez, epf vjiz fup'v. Hivvz't qutovoup ot vjev, iwip vjuahj vji onehi ot pu muphis cioph onqsuqismz atif, opgsophinipv jet emsiefz uddassif epf vjiz esi ipvovmif vu vji modiptoph siwipai vjiz xuamf jewi sidiowif og vji onehi(t) jef ciip qsuqismz modiptif.

Zua juqi. O hiv demmt emm vji voni gsun qiuqmi xju jewi jiesf gsun Hivvz Onehit. Vjiz veli vji onehi(t) fuxp epf juqi vjev Hivvz xomm hu exez, epf vjiz fup'v. Hivvz't qutovoup ot vjev, iwip vjuahj vji onehi ot pu muphis cioph onqsuqismz atif, opgsophinipv jet emsiefz uddassif epf vjiz esi ipvovmif vu vji modiptoph siwipai vjiz xuamf jewi sidiowif og vji onehi(t) jef ciip qsuqismz modiptif.

Hiib... muult moli O huv madlz xovj Hivvz vjip. Ov't piwis qmietepv hivvoph tunivjoph moli vjev op vji neom, us ep ineom. Nezci vji gedv vjev O vuul ov fuxp optvepvmz epf vji onehi xet upmz aq gus mitt vjep e xiil dupvsocavif vu vjios fsuqqoph, cav xju lpuxt :xemlophfief:

Vjisi ot ep evvuspiz op Pix Zusl xju jet nefi sitqupfoph vu mivvist gsun Hivvz Onehit opvu tusv ug e tac-tqidoemvz. Epzupi xju demmt ni, O sigis vjin vu jon.

O'wi piwis huvvip e dieti epf fitotv mivvis, cideati - et e CU$$ - O upmz fu mihovonevi catopitt.

Citv. Efwodi. Iwis.

UQ tjuamf tvuq nittoph esuapf fuoph geli catopitt epf tvesv timmoph siem tiswodit gus e mihovonevi dunqepz.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom