The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • The Fastlane Forum Is Going Exclusively Private with Paid Access

After 17 years of my personal dedication to a freely accessible forum, the time has come for this forum to become a private, limited access community. To read more, visit the announcement thread.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need advice

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Kvas

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 10, 2023
I have a chance to go to Europe this summer closer to home. I live in Canada and this place is driving me insane. I need to come up with 2 thousand dollars in the next month and a half. Does anyone have anything to suggest?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I have a chance to go to Europe this summer closer to home. I live in Canada and this place is driving me insane. I need to come up with 2 thousand dollars in the next month and a half. Does anyone have anything to suggest?
A job

DustinSaucier

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jun 2, 2020
Gulfport, MS
I mean... if you're just looking for a quick buck, you could always sell drugs. Seriously, though, DON'T sell drugs! I say that tongue-in-cheek only because your first post (outside of your very short introduction post) to this gold mine forum reveals a lot. How can anyone provide insight without more info? What is your background, experiences, and situation? Have you read any of the books by @MJ DeMarco?

Kvas

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 10, 2023
I mean... if you're just looking for a quick buck, you could always sell drugs. Seriously, though, DON'T sell drugs! I say that tongue-in-cheek only because your first post (outside of your very short introduction post) to this gold mine forum reveals a lot. How can anyone provide insight without more info? What is your background, experiences, and situation? Have you read any of the books by @MJ DeMarco?
I'm around midway through unscripted . I don't have much background I'm finishing highschool. I'm a body builder though I thought of making custom fitness plans for "new year resolutioners".

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Get a job, or find a simple service you can sell locally. Dog walking, window washing, cleaning cars, yard work, fixing computers, etc.

Knock on doors, contact friends of friends. You're young -- Tell them the money is for your educational trip to Europe.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Feb 11, 2019
It's not enough time to pick a skill and start charging for it (unless you already have skills but you didn't mention them). You're in one of the richest countries on the globe, I agree - just get a job.

Alternatively, the service idea is not bad. You could go around, offer a service, and say - I'm doing this to save up for a trip to Europe. Some people may feel empathy towards you and hire you even if you have zero experience in providing the service you decide to provide.

Kvas

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 10, 2023

It's not enough time to pick a skill and start charging for it (unless you already have skills but you didn't mention them). You're in one of the richest countries on the globe, I agree - just get a job.

Alternatively, the service idea is not bad. You could go around, offer a service, and say - I'm doing this to save up for a trip to Europe. Some people may feel empathy towards you and hire you even if you have zero experience in providing the service you decide to provide.
I was thinking of providing personalized fitness routine for new gym joiners. I'm quite experienced in the gym and have achived levels even adults reach for. However on the execution front I am not sure. Flyers and stuff like that. Thanks for the ideas though. It's nice to be in a social platform where everyone isn't at your throat.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Feb 11, 2019
I was thinking of providing personalized fitness routine for new gym joiners. I'm quite experienced in the gym and have achived levels even adults reach for. However on the execution front I am not sure. Flyers and stuff like that. Thanks for the ideas though. It's nice to be in a social platform where everyone isn't at your throat.
That's an idea you could go for, and I certainly want you to take action and succeed, it's just that in my experience, it takes much (much!) longer than a month and a half to start generating more than a few bucks (unless you already have skills that can be applied). You can already start building up your social media for fitness coaching yet it's unlikely, it will net you that much that quickly. All the best, though!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.