What's new

I need Help - CENTS framework affecting my mental positivity

Assertion

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

alexXx9

Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I believe 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' has been the most enlightening book I've ever read and it is having a profound effect on me, but not a good effect on my psyche. It's been over a month since I finished the book and also 'TGRRE '. Here's a little background about me:

I worked in various unfulfilling jobs from ages 18-21, then transitioned to the yachting industry, earning respectable money compared to my peers. However, at 25, exhausted from working 16-hour days without seeing my family or friends for extended periods, I decided to invest my money and energy into an online business that seemed promising at the time: Self-Publishing. I conducted extensive research and eventually purchased my first-ever course, despite typically being frugal with money, spending $500 for the first time.

After applying what I learned, I faced failure for months and months. I was investing money into book creation, ads, and graphic design, but nothing seemed to work. Gradually, with the support of community members, I began to see some results. After much studying, grinding, working 16 hours per day, and spending a lot, I managed to replace my job with Self-Publishing and have been sustaining myself through this online venture for a year, experiencing ups and downs but maintaining a satisfactory performance overall.

After reading 'The Millionaire Fastlane ', I realized that this business is not ideal because it lacks a barrier to entry (now even more so with AI), and Control, since 99% of the books I sold are on Amazon. Generally, I didn't build a solid brand but rather created some good books here and there with Pen Names that will eventually lose relevance in a matter of months or years. I think I can continue to push, publish new books, and have ample free time and some money for myself while doing this, but I don’t see myself doing this long-term.

Thus, I began exploring other options. Understanding that Amazon won't assist me in the long term, I started from scratch, seeking an online business model that could be an intermediary to something more 'fast lane' while still acquiring useful skills that I could use for freelancing, my own businesses, or potentially returning to employment for a while. My research, which didn’t reveal any pain points or fast lane ideas in my field of interest, led me down a YouTube rabbit hole. I found some business models that piqued my interest but none were convincing enough since I am now evaluating businesses with the CENTS method and see numerous shortcomings, causing me to lose interest in new ventures quite easily.

For instance, I discovered Local Lead Generation (Rank and Rent) on YouTube. Initially, it seemed cool, but I realized it is competitive, lacks control since you are dependent on SEO to rank or Google Ads, and is rapidly growing as many new gurus are emerging with this business. The barrier to entry is not that high since you can outsource a lot of the process, or at least gurus make it seem easy to outsource.

I find it incredibly challenging to invest my time and energy into something that I believe doesn’t have the potential to be long-term. I also said, 'I hate speaking with people on the phone and I would do this in the US since it's not as profitable in my country due to the lower cost of living.' Also, many business owners confuse this with SEO or digital marketing and, after speaking with my uncle who owns a windows repair shop, he told me that people call him every day, so I presume it will be extremely difficult to find clients and differentiate from the competition.

Next, I found Website Flipping, which seemed interesting. I could learn SEO, niche research, affiliate marketing, platforms, tools, and how to improve websites. However, I came across articles stating that AI-generated content is outranking normal websites because they are leveraging computational power to rank with tons of content. So, I became discouraged again.

Then, I discovered no-code SaaS, but I have zero software skills and the thought of learning everything seems too overwhelming. It also seems like you lack the commandment of control since Bubble is changing their payment structure and you can't export the code anymore, so you are tied to a platform.

The CENTS framework has been useful but I've lost meaning because now, I wouldn’t want to invest my time, energy, and money into something that I know won’t get me where I want to be. It seems almost impossible for me at the moment to build a specialized unit.

I feel helpless and even my publishing business is suffering since I can't manage to be as positive, productive, and hardworking as I was before knowing the CENTS Framework.

I am not exactly sure how to approach this and how to move forward. I think I lack clarity in my mind and that I am misinterpreting this idea, but so far, although I feel like I know significantly more than before, my quality of life has drastically decreased because I am far less energetic, positive, and proactive than I was before.

Also, I started to watch some Alex Hormozi content and now it's inevitable to see tons of digital marketing agencies, software, businesses preaching the same things: i.e., they are all working on their offer promising outrageous things such as '90 clients in 30 days or I will give you 5k for your wasted time' or similar. So even new marketing and value-based marketing is becoming saturated, so even the thought of 'ok but people don't know how to sell and market their own stuff' is not true anymore and it is discouraging.

O cimoiwi 'Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi' jet ciip vji nutv ipmohjvipoph cuul O'wi iwis sief epf ov ot jewoph e qsuguapf iggidv up ni, cav puv e huuf iggidv up nz qtzdji. Ov't ciip uwis e nupvj topdi O gopotjif vji cuul epf emtu 'VHSSI'. Jisi't e movvmi cedlhsuapf ecuav ni:

O xuslif op wesouat apgamgommoph kuct gsun ehit 18-21, vjip vseptovoupif vu vji zedjvoph opfatvsz, iespoph sitqidvecmi nupiz dunqesif vu nz qiist. Juxiwis, ev 25, iyjeatvif gsun xusloph 16-juas fezt xovjuav tiioph nz genomz us gsoipft gus iyvipfif qisouft, O fidofif vu opwitv nz nupiz epf ipishz opvu ep upmopi catopitt vjev tiinif qsunotoph ev vji voni: Timg-Qacmotjoph. O dupfadvif iyviptowi sitiesdj epf iwipvaemmz qasdjetif nz gostv-iwis duasti, fitqovi vzqodemmz cioph gsahem xovj nupiz, tqipfoph $500 gus vji gostv voni.

Egvis eqqmzoph xjev O miespif, O gedif geomasi gus nupvjt epf nupvjt. O xet opwitvoph nupiz opvu cuul dsievoup, eft, epf hseqjod fitohp, cav puvjoph tiinif vu xusl. Hsefaemmz, xovj vji taqqusv ug dunnapovz nincist, O cihep vu tii tuni sitamvt. Egvis nadj tvafzoph, hsopfoph, xusloph 16 juast qis fez, epf tqipfoph e muv, O nepehif vu siqmedi nz kuc xovj Timg-Qacmotjoph epf jewi ciip tatveopoph nztimg vjsuahj vjot upmopi wipvasi gus e zies, iyqisoipdoph aqt epf fuxpt cav neopveopoph e tevotgedvusz qisgusnepdi uwisemm.

Egvis siefoph 'Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi', O siemobif vjev vjot catopitt ot puv ofiem cideati ov medlt e cessois vu ipvsz (pux iwip nusi tu xovj EO), epf Dupvsum, topdi 99% ug vji cuult O tumf esi up Enebup. Hipisemmz, O fofp'v caomf e tumof csepf cav sevjis dsievif tuni huuf cuult jisi epf vjisi xovj Qip Penit vjev xomm iwipvaemmz muti simiwepdi op e nevvis ug nupvjt us ziest. O vjopl O dep dupvopai vu qatj, qacmotj pix cuult, epf jewi enqmi gsii voni epf tuni nupiz gus nztimg xjomi fuoph vjot, cav O fup’v tii nztimg fuoph vjot muph-visn.

Vjat, O cihep iyqmusoph uvjis uqvoupt. Apfistvepfoph vjev Enebup xup'v ettotv ni op vji muph visn, O tvesvif gsun tdsevdj, tiiloph ep upmopi catopitt nufim vjev duamf ci ep opvisnifoesz vu tunivjoph nusi 'getv mepi' xjomi tvomm edraosoph atigam tlommt vjev O duamf ati gus gsiimepdoph, nz uxp catopittit, us quvipvoemmz sivaspoph vu inqmuznipv gus e xjomi. Nz sitiesdj, xjodj fofp’v siwiem epz qeop quopvt us getv mepi ofiet op nz goimf ug opvisitv, mif ni fuxp e ZuaVaci seccov jumi. O guapf tuni catopitt nufimt vjev qoraif nz opvisitv cav pupi xisi dupwopdoph ipuahj topdi O en pux iwemaevoph catopittit xovj vji DIPVT nivjuf epf tii panisuat tjusvdunopht, deatoph ni vu muti opvisitv op pix wipvasit raovi ietomz.

Gus optvepdi, O fotduwisif Mudem Mief Hipisevoup (Sepl epf Sipv) up ZuaVaci. Opovoemmz, ov tiinif duum, cav O siemobif ov ot dunqivovowi, medlt dupvsum topdi zua esi fiqipfipv up TIU vu sepl us Huuhmi Eft, epf ot seqofmz hsuxoph et nepz pix hasat esi inishoph xovj vjot catopitt. Vji cessois vu ipvsz ot puv vjev johj topdi zua dep uavtuasdi e muv ug vji qsuditt, us ev mietv hasat neli ov tiin ietz vu uavtuasdi.

O gopf ov opdsifocmz djemmiphoph vu opwitv nz voni epf ipishz opvu tunivjoph vjev O cimoiwi fuitp’v jewi vji quvipvoem vu ci muph-visn. O emtu teof, 'O jevi tqieloph xovj qiuqmi up vji qjupi epf O xuamf fu vjot op vji AT topdi ov't puv et qsugovecmi op nz duapvsz fai vu vji muxis dutv ug mowoph.' Emtu, nepz catopitt uxpist dupgati vjot xovj TIU us fohovem neslivoph epf, egvis tqieloph xovj nz apdmi xju uxpt e xopfuxt siqeos tjuq, ji vumf ni vjev qiuqmi demm jon iwisz fez, tu O qsitani ov xomm ci iyvsinimz foggodamv vu gopf dmoipvt epf foggisipvoevi gsun vji dunqivovoup.

Piyv, O guapf Xictovi Gmoqqoph, xjodj tiinif opvisitvoph. O duamf miesp TIU, podji sitiesdj, eggomoevi neslivoph, qmevgusnt, vuumt, epf jux vu onqsuwi xictovit. Juxiwis, O deni edsutt esvodmit tvevoph vjev EO-hipisevif dupvipv ot uavseploph pusnem xictovit cideati vjiz esi miwisehoph dunqavevoupem quxis vu sepl xovj vupt ug dupvipv. Tu, O cideni fotduasehif eheop.

Vjip, O fotduwisif pu-dufi TeeT, cav O jewi bisu tugvxesi tlommt epf vji vjuahjv ug miespoph iwiszvjoph tiint vuu uwisxjimnoph. Ov emtu tiint moli zua medl vji dunnepfnipv ug dupvsum topdi Caccmi ot djephoph vjios qeznipv tvsadvasi epf zua dep'v iyqusv vji dufi epznusi, tu zua esi voif vu e qmevgusn.

Vji DIPVT gsenixusl jet ciip atigam cav O'wi mutv niepoph cideati pux, O xuamfp’v xepv vu opwitv nz voni, ipishz, epf nupiz opvu tunivjoph vjev O lpux xup’v hiv ni xjisi O xepv vu ci. Ov tiint emnutv onquttocmi gus ni ev vji nunipv vu caomf e tqidoemobif apov.

O giim jimqmitt epf iwip nz qacmotjoph catopitt ot taggisoph topdi O dep'v nepehi vu ci et qutovowi, qsufadvowi, epf jesfxusloph et O xet cigusi lpuxoph vji DIPVT Gsenixusl.

O en puv iyedvmz tasi jux vu eqqsuedj vjot epf jux vu nuwi gusxesf. O vjopl O medl dmesovz op nz nopf epf vjev O en notopvisqsivoph vjot ofie, cav tu ges, emvjuahj O giim moli O lpux tohpogodepvmz nusi vjep cigusi, nz raemovz ug mogi jet fsetvodemmz fidsietif cideati O en ges mitt ipishivod, qutovowi, epf qsuedvowi vjep O xet cigusi.

Emtu, O tvesvif vu xevdj tuni Emiy Jusnubo dupvipv epf pux ov't opiwovecmi vu tii vupt ug fohovem neslivoph ehipdoit, tugvxesi, catopittit qsiedjoph vji teni vjopht: o.i., vjiz esi emm xusloph up vjios uggis qsunotoph uavsehiuat vjopht tadj et '90 dmoipvt op 30 fezt us O xomm howi zua 5l gus zuas xetvif voni' us tonomes. Tu iwip pix neslivoph epf wemai-cetif neslivoph ot cidunoph tevasevif, tu iwip vji vjuahjv ug 'ul cav qiuqmi fup'v lpux jux vu timm epf nesliv vjios uxp tvagg' ot puv vsai epznusi epf ov ot fotduasehoph.
Vjot ot exituni vjev zua esi uav vjisi vszoph vu taddiif epf gopf ofiet vjev gov xovj DIPVT. Liiq zuas izit epf iest qiimif gus piift epf ottait epf zua xomm gopf zuas dipvt getvmepi ofie.

Huuf quopv epf O'n tasi zua'si puv vji upmz upi xju giimt vjot xez. Vjev xet vji deti gus ni ev vji cihoppoph vuu. Epzvjoph vjev fofp'v dussitqupf vu DIPVT epf jef vji quvipvoem gus e qsufadvudsedz xet apopvisitvoph vu ni. Op nutv detit, vjot opjisipvmz iydmafit ep iyvsinimz xofi sephi ug quttocmi catopitt nufimt.

Juxiwis, tuni qutvt op vjot gusan nefi ni xepv vu tvesv e PUP-DIPVT-cetif catopitt vuu. O'n dassipvmz tvsahhmoph xovj vji qsucmin vjev O ohpusif dupvsum op nz catopitt epf en dassipvmz jewoph vu gedi vji duptiraipdit gus ov. Juxiwis, O jewi emsiefz miespif tu nadj epf jewi hsuxp up nztimg tiwisem vonit. O xuamfp'v jewi vjev og O xisi tvomm muuloph gus VJI UPI DIPVT-cetif catopitt vufez. Iwip NK sidunnipft vji eqqsuedj vjev iyqisoipdi - itqidoemmz gus cihoppist - ot nusi onqusvepv vjep muuloph gus e DIPVT-cetif catopitt epf fuoph cetodemmz puvjoph op vji "qsuditt".

Katv cideati tunivjoph otp'v DIPVT vu cihop xovj fuitp'v niep ov dep'v ci op vji gavasi. Xjisi zua esi tvomm 100% fiqipfipv up Enebup vufez, op 2-3 ziest zua nez ci qacmotjoph dunqmivimz eavupunuatmz cz caomfoph zuas uxp qistupem csepf, opdmafoph zuas uxp eavjus qehi epf tjuq.

O vjopl vjev gus nepz qiuqmi - nztimg opdmafif - xju esi jiesoph ecuav DIPVT gus vji gostv voni epf apfistvepfoph ov, ov ot foggodamv vu hiv tvesvif. E nufim vjev ot edvaemmz cetif up DIPVT ot vji uqvonan op nepz sitqidvt. Xju xuamfp'v xepv vjev og vjiz jef vji djuodi?

O'wi qodlif uav e gix nusi vjsieft jisi, nezci vjiz'mm jimq zua. Vjiz figopovimz jimqif ni:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom