What's new

I read Millionaire Fastlane 10 years ago, finally trying to start an online business

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

andyg0

New Contributor
Hi everyone!
My name is Andy, I read the Millionaire Fastlane around 10 years ago when I was around 17 and followed the forum from time to time. I want to share my journey and how the book influenced it, this may be educational to some and I would appreciate any feedback too. I really enjoyed reading the progress threads posted here a while ago, hope I can make a good one too:)

I am originally from Ukraine, but got opportunity to get Economics education from a very good university in the UK. While studying I got interested in the concept of separating my time from my income (a.k.a passive income), read the Millionaire Fastlane, but excused myself from doing anything because I was on student visa.

Struggling to find a job in Economics because of my English and influenced by the book, I started learning programming in Python, and eventually managed to get a programming job in a Canadian bank. Since then, I have been working in machine learning/AI in Finance and Tech, and generally got pretty good with it. I was on worker visa for a while so still did not have an opportunity to start my own business.

Now I am a Canadian citizen, and I want to get a business going. While I was working full-time, I spent around 3 hours a day after work building some very technical side projects in AI, but none of them got any traction. This experience helped me to gain new skills and get more well-paid jobs.

I then decided to find a much simpler idea and work it till the end - i.e. try to market to people and try to sell something.
The problem for me was to find an idea. After thinking for couple of days, I decided that starting a business is an unnecessary hard process and I want to build a startup that will make starting a business easier.

I started building a social platform where people can share their dream product they can not find on the market. Soon I realised that the project was also hard to build, but persevered and launched an MVP. Since I did not have any plan on how to make money with the project, I tried to gain users without spending any money. What is the point of spending money to advertise something that does not make any money? I got 40 users to register in this way, but none stayed on the platform for longer than 2 days.

Now I am trying to build a monetisation channel and try to leverage some paid advertising to gain users for the platform and earn some money. I will try to sell market research reports for entrepreneurs who want to learn about their competitors and general market trends. I am working on building this functionality and will post here my progress once it is running and I start the marketing machine.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for providing me motivation all these years to aim higher!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom