The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

I think I struck desert of desertion! Any advice?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Vasil Benkov

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 24, 2019
Bulgaria

It’s my first post in the forum, so if it’s not the proper place for my thread, please excuse me.

I have my store ready with 0 sales and no money to run ads because I blew my savings during the quarantine of COVID and I’m still stuck in the 9-5…
How I got here?
So a quick intro – around a year ago I decided I will start my first business ever. I still haven’t read TMF or UNScripted at that time, but I had an idea that I wanted to see unfold. Young and stupid I rushed into it thinking it would be easy. I’ve never been so wrong. However I started doing my first prototype of the product. After searching for the right materials for few months , combining them and tweeking little details, I was satisfied with the quality of the product.
So I had my product good to go and now it was time to see if people would want to buy it. I started doing my research about where can I show my product and which people would be interested in it and then this happens…
And here I found that another guy was doing pretty much the same thing , and having huge success doing it.
Okay, at least people want this type of product and are willing to pay for it. I was aware of the fact that no matter what you do, you will always have competitors. And I thought probably that’s the way things should be. For the next few months I was creating my website – using the Shopify platform, doing the logo for the product, photoshooting each style of the product, writing the descriptions, doing all sort of preparation stuff to get ready.
After so much months of not receiving a single dollar, but only investing into good materials and machines so the product can be perfect, and what not I was ready to go live. My store is set up, my product is excellent and I start running facebook ads.
I launched my facebook ads, and went to sleep hoping, the next day I might wake up with a sale.
Nope.

Not a single add to cart or any sort of interest. I went to work thinking I must did something wrong or people still haven’t seen my ad enough times. And so few days past by and still no results. I stopped the ads and decided I would have to try new creatives. So I did it a few more tries and I still have nothing to show. I felt really shitty. Thoughts of doubt started crawling – What was I thinking? I’ve never sold anything online. I was not the guys who are making 6-figues selling stuff online. I’m not familiar with the market. People don’t want my product. It’s not that good. It’s not worth their money.

I felt stupid and I stopped doing anything for like a month, and that’s the time when COVID hits us. The city got under quarantine, and I have to stay at home for 2 months, without job or any sort of income.I had savings, because I’ve always lived under my means, but for the last 3 months they disappeared. And here I am asking for advice.
The main question I have is the following: How do you know if it’s time to give up the business, because it’s hopeless, and start the next project?

P.S. I thought my first post would be so much better, and as I’m reading this i realise my writing is awful, but I just wanted to get it out there! Thank you for reading this :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 3-Feet-From-Gold-Cartoon.jpg
    3-Feet-From-Gold-Cartoon.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 6

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
How many impressions/views do you have on your ad?

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.