What's new

I was always tired - then changed my life

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Aragorn

Still working in obscurity
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
When my business idea first dawned on me I realized that without improving my energy level I would not be able to put this project to life. I was constantly tired and it took me minutes to walk normally after getting up. Not just in the morning but also from a chair if I had sat there for longer than 15 minutes. Due to my tiredness my thoughts too often were imprecise and it felt like living in a blur. It took me forever to get things done.

If I wanted to change my future something had to change!

Here's what I did to raise my energy levels significantly:
  1. Sleep. I usually hit the sack between 10 pm and 10:30 pm. Very rarely I allow myself (or am interested in) watching a late night movie. Our cat is my organic alarm clock. We get up between 4 and 5 am and start our day. He goes outside to do his stuff. I stay inside and do mine.
  2. Early morning routine.
    1. First thing in the morning after waking up is taking a zip of sunflower oil in my mouth, keep it there for a couple of minutes, then spit it out. Oil pulling, as it is called, is part of Ayurveda. Its health claims have not been supported by a lot of scientific studies. I don't care. I only know that my oral hygiene has improved big time. My gum and teeth are extremely healthy. Which, by the way, saved me thousands in dentist costs.
    2. Secondly, I drink at least two large cups of warm water.
    3. Reading/thinking/learning. I don't meditate in the classical sense. I guess I am simply too awake in the morning. I rather read or think of my day ahead. Nothing too focused. I don't want to be too restrictive on myself at this time of day.
    4. Later I do a couple of exercises to get my body moving. It is a combination of gymnastics and the usual physical workout with push-ups and the like.
  3. NO BREAKFAST. I don't eat until lunch. If I'm at home in the morning I'll have my power drink (hot chocolate with raw milk, raw cocoa, rice sirup as sweetener, turmeric, and extra fatty whipped cream). If I'm working elsewhere I feast myself on a thermos jug of hot herbal tea. Although my mornings are challenging I do not faint. It took a few weeks to convince my brain that I wouldn't die of starvation if I don't feed me large amounts of sugar in the morning. First, I had to leave the room if I saw people eat. But today I am indifferent to this. My colleagues learnt that I am the nutritional weirdo - who never is tired.
  4. No gluten. Low carb. Mostly organic. I am living gluten-free for 8 years now. Low carb for 3 or 4. Ever since I met my wife my diet is mostly organic. 100% at home with rare exceptions when we eat out. I bake my own bread which is 90 minutes of work every two weeks. Please drop me a note if you are interested in the recipe.
  5. I allow my stomach and intestines to do their work. Tons of BS has been published and is propagated on nutrition! One of the biggest lies is to eat constantly ("5 a day" and stuff like that). Breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, coffee break, dinner, and the many temptations our food industry presents us during the day. Not to forget softdrinks. I radically refuse to follow these "traditions" (which in fact are pretty recent developments). I eat for the first time around noon. Mostly a salad or some self-baked bread with cheese and some greens. We eat dinner as early as possible. Usually between 6 and 7 pm. This is the only warm dish I get during the day. I usually end my day with a small desert of berries and cream. Very rarely I allow myself a pop. Usually Coke and only when I am feeling sick. My Grampa used to say: "A cow won't grow fat on water." ;)
  6. Intermittent fasting. I don't skip food for entire days, but allow my body to digest for 14-16 hours every day. My days sometimes are crazy and challenging. Despite that I have no problem following my routine.
  7. HIT. With a day job and setting up my business days are filled with work and not much else. I don't mind that workload at all. On the contrary. I enjoy working my butt off, i.e. on my business. However, I needed to find time to do my gym workout. I never was a disciple of running to the gym five days a week. I always found this pretty dull. My awakening came through HIT - high intensity training. It is a nightmare when you do it, but it is over soon (in my case 60 to 75 minutes) and you are allowed to rest for a week. At least I need to rest for a week after such a brutal workout. I've been doing this for 5+ years and it works miracles on my health.
Our worst enemy is our own brain. We observe our environment and want to copy what people are doing. Doing the opposite requires energy. Breaking traditions, conventions, and our own routines requires a lot of energy. What helped me a lot was:
  1. My wife. She's at least as crazy as I am. It helps big time if your partner in life resonates with your philosophy.
  2. To change "organically". First we fully turned organic. Then we got gluten-free and discovered intermittent fasting. Thirdly, we changed our gym routine to HIT. Low carb came next. Finally I withdrew from community work in the evening and was able to sleep earlier. This naturally changed my morning routine. All this took years to implement and came to us through reading and discussing. I am convinced this isn't the end of our transformation to a healthy life. The fact that we never had to do something helped a lot. All were voluntary decisions.
What are your routines to keep your energy levels up?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jimqgam tvagg!

O huv e muv ug opgusnevoup vjsuahj vjot qutvoph. Pux, O en huoph vu cuulnesl vjot vjsief gus gasvjis ettotvepdi.

Ov't siemmz e huuf qmep. O eqqsidoevi zua gus tjesoph vjot.

Vjeplt epzxez!

Podi motv, O fu e muv ug vji tvagg zua nipvoupif.

Tunivjoph vu eff xuamf ci tvsivdjoph, cuvj fzpenod epf tvevod. Tvevod tvsivdjit op vji nuspoph epf cigusi cif, fzpenod tvsivdjit cigusi e xusluav, epf csoig duum fuxp tvsivdjit egvis e xusluav.

O jef tuni qsivvz cef tmiiq qsucmint epf tvsivdjoph goyif vjin coh voni. Katv ci desigam puv vu uwistvsivdj epf gudat up iddipvsod dupvsedvoup nuwinipvt.

Hsiev tvagg - vjepl zua gus vjot.

Nz pancis upi ot emtu qmipvz ug tmiiq. 7 vu 8 juast e pohjv ot ecuav sohjv gus ni.

Piyv ot qsezis, nifovevoup epf fiiq csievjoph gus iwip 5 vu 10 nopavit cigusi O siemmz tvesv vji fez. Ov jimqt ni e muv xovj giimoph dipvsif, hsuapfif epf gudattif.

Foiv - fsopl qmipvz ug xevis, muvt ug wihivecmit, tuni gsaov, temnup epf uvjis gotj, ihht gsun uas jipt, pavt epf tiift, sif niev nezci updi us vxodi e xiil ev vji nutv. Xi'si madlz op vjev xi jewi e coh hesfip epf usdjesf tu hsux nutv ug ov uastimwit.

Iyisdoti.

Tmuxoph voni fuxp. Ov't e vidjporai O'f gohasif uav gus nztimg uwis vji ziest cav Tviwi Djepfmis jet tuni huuf wofiut up Zuavaci ecuav vjot gus epzupi opvisitvif.

Ewuofoph fsene. Topdi O efuqvif vji qumodz "xjip op fuacv tjav aq" O'wi guapf nz mogi e xjumi muv civvis epf vjisi't emtu vjev ximm lpuxp fovvz "puv nz dosdat, puv nz nuplizt".

Gus nztimg O piwis xevdj vimiwotoup, moli piwis. Jewip'v gus ziest. Vjisi esi e gix fotefwepvehit cav vji efwepvehit vu puv cioph e vimiwotoup xevdjis esi nadj hsievis.

Sief e djeqvis ug e huuf cuul iwisz fez, qsigisecmz e jesf duqz cav Lopfmi ot ulez vuu. Giimoph moli zua'wi miespif tunivjoph iwisz fez ot huuf gus zuas nipvem jiemvj.

Tvez ugg vji dunqavis epf qjupi et nadj et quttocmi, ev mietv gus vji nopfmitt tvagg. Xusl epf ifadevoup/optqosevoup ot gopi - xjip zua'si atoph ov qutovowimz epf duptvsadvowimz - cav tvagg moli Gedicuul, henit, nopfmittmz siefoph ineomt epf pixt epf tonomes ot tunivjoph O liiq vu e noponan. Vji xusmf tiint e xjumi muv civvis xjip O fu.

Muul gusxesf vu siefoph iwiszupi imti't qutvt.

Jimqgam tvagg!

O huv e muv ug opgusnevoup vjsuahj vjot qutvoph. Pux, O en huoph vu cuulnesl vjot vjsief gus gasvjis ettotvepdi.

Ov't siemmz e huuf qmep. O eqqsidoevi zua gus tjesoph vjot.

Vjeplt epzxez!

Qmieti giim gsii vu hiv op vuadj xovj ni og zua piif tuni nusi opqav. O'n jeqqz vu jimq.

Podi motv, O fu e muv ug vji tvagg zua nipvoupif.

Tunivjoph vu eff xuamf ci tvsivdjoph, cuvj fzpenod epf tvevod. Tvevod tvsivdjit op vji nuspoph epf cigusi cif, fzpenod tvsivdjit cigusi e xusluav, epf csoig duum fuxp tvsivdjit egvis e xusluav.

O jef tuni qsivvz cef tmiiq qsucmint epf tvsivdjoph goyif vjin coh voni. Katv ci desigam puv vu uwistvsivdj epf gudat up iddipvsod dupvsedvoup nuwinipvt.

Gusvapevimz, O piwis siemmz jef tmiiq qsucmint. Xjev duapvt gus ni ot vu emmux nztimg vu ci vosif op vji iwipoph. O en e nuspoph qistup epf vsz vu xusl vjsuahj nutv ug nz VuFu-motv cigusi 3 qn. Egvis 8 qn O dep miesp, cav puv xusl. Epf et tuup et O giim vosif O hu vu cif.

Puv vuu nadj ug e gepdz iyotvipdi, O en egseof. :)

Hsiev tvagg - vjepl zua gus vjot.

Nz pancis upi ot emtu qmipvz ug tmiiq. 7 vu 8 juast e pohjv ot ecuav sohjv gus ni.

Piyv ot qsezis, nifovevoup epf fiiq csievjoph gus iwip 5 vu 10 nopavit cigusi O siemmz tvesv vji fez. Ov jimqt ni e muv xovj giimoph dipvsif, hsuapfif epf gudattif.

Foiv - fsopl qmipvz ug xevis, muvt ug wihivecmit, tuni gsaov, temnup epf uvjis gotj, ihht gsun uas jipt, pavt epf tiift, sif niev nezci updi us vxodi e xiil ev vji nutv. Xi'si madlz op vjev xi jewi e coh hesfip epf usdjesf tu hsux nutv ug ov uastimwit.

Iyisdoti.

Tmuxoph voni fuxp. Ov't e vidjporai O'f gohasif uav gus nztimg uwis vji ziest cav Tviwi Djepfmis jet tuni huuf wofiut up Zuavaci ecuav vjot gus epzupi opvisitvif.

Ewuofoph fsene. Topdi O efuqvif vji qumodz "xjip op fuacv tjav aq" O'wi guapf nz mogi e xjumi muv civvis epf vjisi't emtu vjev ximm lpuxp fovvz "puv nz dosdat, puv nz nuplizt".

Gus nztimg O piwis xevdj vimiwotoup, moli piwis. Jewip'v gus ziest. Vjisi esi e gix fotefwepvehit cav vji efwepvehit vu puv cioph e vimiwotoup xevdjis esi nadj hsievis.

Sief e djeqvis ug e huuf cuul iwisz fez, qsigisecmz e jesf duqz cav Lopfmi ot ulez vuu. Giimoph moli zua'wi miespif tunivjoph iwisz fez ot huuf gus zuas nipvem jiemvj.

Tvez ugg vji dunqavis epf qjupi et nadj et quttocmi, ev mietv gus vji nopfmitt tvagg. Xusl epf ifadevoup/optqosevoup ot gopi - xjip zua'si atoph ov qutovowimz epf duptvsadvowimz - cav tvagg moli Gedicuul, henit, nopfmittmz siefoph ineomt epf pixt epf tonomes ot tunivjoph O liiq vu e noponan. Vji xusmf tiint e xjumi muv civvis xjip O fu.

Muul gusxesf vu siefoph iwiszupi imti't qutvt.

Xjev xi iev ot qsivvz nadj:
  • Gotj
  • Niev (nutvmz djodlip, cav sif niev ot puv ceppif)
  • Vupt ug wihivecmit epf temef (pu quvevut, katv e cov ug sodi --> dg. mux desc)
  • Ihht
  • Djiiti
Emvjuahj xi sitvsodv uastimwit vu vjot foiv uas fotjit wesz hsievmz.

Epf zua esi sohjv: fsoploph xevis ot ittipvoem. Ov jimqt vu dmiep uav zuas cufz.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom