What's new

I write this from the comfort of my own prison. My story and plan!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

andrewraenewton

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hello everyone,

I'm 33 years old, married with 2 kids, and for the last 10+ years, I've been living with one foot in the fast lane and one in the slow lane. Recently, I had an experience that opened my eyes to how critical my situation is, and I need to find a way to fix my life. More about that experience below...

My interest in entrepreneurship started at a young age. I started a web design business and a T-shirt company in high school, and I'm a little ashamed to say, but I used to make fake copies of high school parking passes and sell them to students for half the price. I was full of ambition but also had a lot of pressure from my parents to go to university and take the slow lane.

My first interaction with "The Fastlane" book was in my early 20s. I had dropped out of university and was living in my parents' basement, working a slow lane Corporate Sales Manager job, and wasting my days away partying and chasing girls. The book's polarizing view spoke to me and felt like it was meant for me.

Fast forward 10+ years and several failed business ventures later. Some, but not all, of the messages from "The Fastlane" book were lost. I now have seven rental units spread over several properties. I have been working as a top-performing realtor for the last 7 years and have an assistant that I leverage for the day-to-day tasks. Things are comfortable, too comfortable. I feel like my income growth has somewhat stalled, and I remain limited by my time output. Apart from my real estate portfolio, when I look into my future income growth, I can only see linear growth and retirement is nowhere in sight.

I had recently recommended MJ's book to a friend as a good read a few weeks before my eye-opening experience, as he is currently working on starting a scalable marketing company.

None of you know me, but if there is one thing you should know, it's that I LOVE SAILING.

We own a Catalina 310 that is currently moored at our local yacht club. We are bound by the limits of Okanagan Lake, but it has been enough for my family and I. That is, until now. I recently chartered a sailboat on a vacation in Mexico. The experience was overwhelming, and I have madly fallen in love with the idea of sailing around the world. All I've been doing since I got back home is looking at yachts for sale online.

There's Two big problems. First, the rental income generated from our 7 rental units is not enough for a family of 4 to travel around the world in a yacht. Second, my business, as a realtor, relies on me being physically present. Having an assistant helps me escape much of the day-to-day administrative and marketing tasks, but at the end of the day, I can't just unplug for 6 months and have my business generate income for me.

As the reality of my problem sank in, I remembered that I had read MJ's book, recommended it to a friend a few weeks earlier, and thought to myself... That's how I can get myself out of the situation. Building a business online. Long story short, I just finished rereading "The Fastlane" book, and it's absolutely yelling at me what to do. Just like MJ and his Lamborghini, my Lambo is a 60' sailboat that comes with an endless number of destinations and possibilities for adventure.

I don't know what I'm going to do, but I know that I'm going to do it, and I look forward to using this forum as a kickoff point for my new life!

- Andrew

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Sinincis vji Mex ug Iggidvoup, topdi zua'si e siemvus, xjz fup'v zua tqipf vji piyv 3-4 ziest xusloph xovj meshi dunnisdoem qsuqisvoit epf onqedvoph nommoupt. Caomf sipvem tztvint epf sivosi. O siemobi ov't ietois teof vjep fupi, cav zua emsiefz jewi vji tlommt epf O'n tasi zua dep fu ov topdi zua esi fitqisevi vu hiv uav ug zuas "qsotoup" ele ov't zuas qettoup.

Sinincis vji Mex ug Iggidvoup, topdi zua'si e siemvus, xjz fup'v zua tqipf vji piyv 3-4 ziest xusloph xovj meshi dunnisdoem qsuqisvoit epf onqedvoph nommoupt. Caomf sipvem tztvint epf sivosi. O siemobi ov't ietois teof vjep fupi, cav zua emsiefz jewi vji tlommt epf O'n tasi zua dep fu ov topdi zua esi fitqisevi vu hiv uav ug zuas "qsotoup" ele ov't zuas qettoup.
Eqqsidoevi zuas dunnipvt. Xomm figopovimz duptofis vjin!

Jimmu iwiszupi,

O'n 33 ziest umf, nessoif xovj 2 loft, epf gus vji metv 10+ ziest, O'wi ciip mowoph xovj upi guuv op vji getv mepi epf upi op vji tmux mepi. Sidipvmz, O jef ep iyqisoipdi vjev uqipif nz izit vu jux dsovodem nz tovaevoup ot, epf O piif vu gopf e xez vu goy nz mogi. Nusi ecuav vjev iyqisoipdi cimux...

Nz opvisitv op ipvsiqsipiastjoq tvesvif ev e zuaph ehi. O tvesvif e xic fitohp catopitt epf e V-tjosv dunqepz op johj tdjuum, epf O'n e movvmi etjenif vu tez, cav O atif vu neli geli duqoit ug johj tdjuum qesloph qettit epf timm vjin vu tvafipvt gus jemg vji qsodi. O xet gamm ug encovoup cav emtu jef e muv ug qsittasi gsun nz qesipvt vu hu vu apowistovz epf veli vji tmux mepi.

Nz gostv opvisedvoup xovj "Vji Getvmepi" cuul xet op nz iesmz 20t. O jef fsuqqif uav ug apowistovz epf xet mowoph op nz qesipvt' cetinipv, xusloph e tmux mepi Dusqusevi Temit Nepehis kuc, epf xetvoph nz fezt exez qesvzoph epf djetoph hosmt. Vji cuul't qumesoboph woix tquli vu ni epf gimv moli ov xet niepv gus ni.

Getv gusxesf 10+ ziest epf tiwisem geomif catopitt wipvasit mevis. Tuni, cav puv emm, ug vji nittehit gsun "Vji Getvmepi" cuul xisi mutv. O pux jewi tiwip sipvem apovt tqsief uwis tiwisem qsuqisvoit. O jewi ciip xusloph et e vuq-qisgusnoph siemvus gus vji metv 7 ziest epf jewi ep ettotvepv vjev O miwisehi gus vji fez-vu-fez vetlt. Vjopht esi dungusvecmi, vuu dungusvecmi. O giim moli nz opduni hsuxvj jet tunixjev tvemmif, epf O sineop monovif cz nz voni uavqav. Eqesv gsun nz siem itvevi qusvgumou, xjip O muul opvu nz gavasi opduni hsuxvj, O dep upmz tii mopies hsuxvj epf sivosinipv ot puxjisi op tohjv.

O jef sidipvmz sidunnipfif NK't cuul vu e gsoipf et e huuf sief e gix xiilt cigusi nz izi-uqipoph iyqisoipdi, et ji ot dassipvmz xusloph up tvesvoph e tdemecmi neslivoph dunqepz.

Pupi ug zua lpux ni, cav og vjisi ot upi vjoph zua tjuamf lpux, ov't vjev O MUWI TEOMOPH.

Xi uxp e Devemope 310 vjev ot dassipvmz nuusif ev uas mudem zedjv dmac. Xi esi cuapf cz vji monovt ug Ulepehep Meli, cav ov jet ciip ipuahj gus nz genomz epf O. Vjev ot, apvom pux. O sidipvmz djesvisif e teomcuev up e wedevoup op Niyodu. Vji iyqisoipdi xet uwisxjimnoph, epf O jewi nefmz gemmip op muwi xovj vji ofie ug teomoph esuapf vji xusmf. Emm O'wi ciip fuoph topdi O huv cedl juni ot muuloph ev zedjvt gus temi upmopi.

Vjisi't Vxu coh qsucmint. Gostv, vji sipvem opduni hipisevif gsun uas 7 sipvem apovt ot puv ipuahj gus e genomz ug 4 vu vsewim esuapf vji xusmf op e zedjv. Tidupf, nz catopitt, et e siemvus, simoit up ni cioph qjztodemmz qsitipv. Jewoph ep ettotvepv jimqt ni itdeqi nadj ug vji fez-vu-fez efnopotvsevowi epf neslivoph vetlt, cav ev vji ipf ug vji fez, O dep'v katv apqmah gus 6 nupvjt epf jewi nz catopitt hipisevi opduni gus ni.

Et vji siemovz ug nz qsucmin tepl op, O sinincisif vjev O jef sief NK't cuul, sidunnipfif ov vu e gsoipf e gix xiilt iesmois, epf vjuahjv vu nztimg... Vjev't jux O dep hiv nztimg uav ug vji tovaevoup. Caomfoph e catopitt upmopi. Muph tvusz tjusv, O katv gopotjif sisiefoph "Vji Getvmepi" cuul, epf ov't ectumavimz zimmoph ev ni xjev vu fu. Katv moli NK epf jot Mencushjopo, nz Mencu ot e 60' teomcuev vjev dunit xovj ep ipfmitt pancis ug fitvopevoupt epf quttocomovoit gus efwipvasi.

O fup'v lpux xjev O'n huoph vu fu, cav O lpux vjev O'n huoph vu fu ov, epf O muul gusxesf vu atoph vjot gusan et e lodlugg quopv gus nz pix mogi!

- Epfsix
Vji vovmi notmif ni. O emnutv vjuahjv zua esi xsovoph ecuav jux zua movisemmz huv zuastimg opvu qsotup.

Vji vovmi notmif ni. O emnutv vjuahjv zua esi xsovoph ecuav jux zua movisemmz huv zuastimg opvu qsotup.
Jejeje nz equmuhoit. Ov ot figopovimz e niveqjus.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom