The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

IDEA about vending machines

Idea threads

JHL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 15, 2022
Hi, everyone
Thank you for clicking on it.
I am a normal person who is 25 years old in Korea.
It's my first time posting on the American community.
I am not good at English, so I turned the translator, but I don't know if you understand it well.
I just want to try a protein vending machine in a gym that's rare in Korea.
In the U.S., gyms are very big, and I think I heard that they customize protein and health foods or sell protein vending machines in those places.
I don't know if it's right or not.
But what if it works in Korea?
Of course, there are vending machines in Korea that sell such drinks and protein bars. But there are a lot of gyms installed
I don't think anyone will buy it because the cost-effectiveness has dropped significantly.
How can we lower the unit price and induce men to purchase cost-effectiveness?
Can I reduce the cost if I make it myself?(Of course, it's hard because I don't have that much money.)
Anyway, was it too long? So what I want to ask is
1. Will it work if we sell various flavors in units of 1 scoop of protein vending machines in Korea?
2. Do you think there are many people who use such vending machines in the gym in the United States?
3.How many people are there in the gym in a day?
Of course, I'm just thinking
Most of them are men who use the gym, and they buy a large batch of protein and so do I
But you get tired of eating chocolate all the time That's why I came up with this idea because I thought it would be sold if I paid a good price for WHEY protein powder.
It's good to be negative, but I hope you don't curse.
Thank you for reading the long article.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vcisoptional

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 20, 2022
It was a bit hard to follow you but I would suggest a few things. (I’m a broke boy so take everything with a grain of salt)

Ask gyms in your area if they would be interested in such a service first, maybe they can give you some insight about how many people go to the gym etc.

Second get such a machine. Those machines aren’t uncommon in Europe and people do use them quite a bit. Maybe if you search on Alibaba you can find such a machine or if your insanely lucky you could get one second hand which would lower the cost a lot.

Then get yourself some protein powder and also think about vegan options because those powders are often cheaper and you can sell the shakes for more. Vegans are most of the times very astonished that there is a vegan option and buy even for a higher price. (Speaking from my own experience)

Third who’s gonna do the fill up and more importantly the cleaning because those machines have to be cleaned every day to be hygienic.

That’s just from the top of my head though if you put in enough work you could make this work!

Cheers

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
In the not fancy gym (planet fitness) I attend, they sell premade protein drinks for like $4.00. I used to buy those all the time. I don't know if I'd buy powder packets necessarily. Maybe could make a vending machine like a coffee machine that allows you to create a shake your own way? maybe that makes it really complicated

JHL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 15, 2022
In the not fancy gym (planet fitness) I attend, they sell premade protein drinks for like $4.00. I used to buy those all the time. I don't know if I'd buy powder packets necessarily. Maybe could make a vending machine like a coffee machine that allows you to create a shake your own way? maybe that makes it really complicated
First of all, thank you for your good opinion :)
The reason why I sold powder packs
1. This is because I think the cost will increase a lot when selling it as a drink.
2. If I mix the powder like a coffee machine, it won't mix well.
3.This is because most people go around to pick up their own water bottles.
If you don't want to wash your own water bottle, you can make a plastic pack that's easy to drink by mixing it with water like cup noodles.
Of course, it's not the size of cup ramen.

I have another question. We sell a lot of protein on the Internet at a low price and in large capacity. But why do you think you have to buy more expensive protein first?

Last edited:

JHL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 15, 2022
It was a bit hard to follow you but I would suggest a few things. (I’m a broke boy so take everything with a grain of salt)

Ask gyms in your area if they would be interested in such a service first, maybe they can give you some insight about how many people go to the gym etc.

Second get such a machine. Those machines aren’t uncommon in Europe and people do use them quite a bit. Maybe if you search on Alibaba you can find such a machine or if your insanely lucky you could get one second hand which would lower the cost a lot.

Then get yourself some protein powder and also think about vegan options because those powders are often cheaper and you can sell the shakes for more. Vegans are most of the times very astonished that there is a vegan option and buy even for a higher price. (Speaking from my own experience)

Third who’s gonna do the fill up and more importantly the cleaning because those machines have to be cleaned every day to be hygienic.

That’s just from the top of my head though if you put in enough work you could make this work!

Cheers

Thank you for the good advice first :)
I don't know which country you live in
The vending machines sold by Alibaba were cheaper than used vending machines in Korea.
But I can't trust it because I've never used it before.
Are you talking about soybean protein if it's vegan protein?

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 26, 2023
Hi, everyone
Thank you for clicking on it.
I am a normal person who is 25 years old in Korea.
It's my first time posting on the American community.
I am not good at English, so I turned the translator, but I don't know if you understand it well.
I just want to try a protein vending machine in a gym that's rare in Korea.
In the U.S., gyms are very big, and I think I heard that they customize protein and health foods or sell protein vending machines in those places.
I don't know if it's right or not.
But what if it works in Korea?
Of course, there are vending machines in Korea that sell such drinks and protein bars. But there are a lot of gyms installed
I don't think anyone will buy it because the cost-effectiveness has dropped significantly.
How can we lower the unit price and induce men to purchase cost-effectiveness?
Can I reduce the cost if I make it myself?(Of course, it's hard because I don't have that much money.)
Anyway, was it too long? So what I want to ask is
1. Will it work if we sell various flavors in units of 1 scoop of protein vending machines in Korea?
2. Do you think there are many people who use such vending machines in the gym in the United States?
3.How many people are there in the gym in a day?
Of course, I'm just thinking
Most of them are men who use the gym, and they buy a large batch of protein and so do I
But you get tired of eating chocolate all the time That's why I came up with this idea because I thought it would be sold if I paid a good price for WHEY protein powder.
It's good to be negative, but I hope you don't curse.
Thank you for reading the long article.

The Challenges:

1. People often prefer their brand of protein powder for its Quality, trust, taste, and texture. What will be the reliability of your protein powder?
2. The ease. Add a scoop of my protein powder versus walking to the vending machine, spending 5 minutes for the transaction, getting a generic scoop of white powder, and then making the shake in the shaker! You're just making it more difficult to make a shake!

The Value you can provide:

1. If you can design a throw-away bottle with an inbuilt mixer, filled with quality drinking water, that comes along with a sachet of protein powder, you have a possible product to sell.
Open the sachet, add to the bottle, shake, drink, throw! Simple!

EDIT: Or the double cap can hold protein powder, eliminate the sachets as well.
That will be a protein shake company, selling its product over the counter at the gym. Give the gym a decent cut and they will be more than happy to sell your product!

If you can eliminate the need for the user to carry his Protein+shaker combo to the gym, you might have a scalable product!

Regards!

Last edited:

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 27, 2021
Did you use the vending machine, by the way? How's the business going? I was browsing the Connect Vending website and came across a wide range of interesting information about vending machines and the variety of products you can sell with them these days. Everything seems to be pretty straightforward, but I would still like to hear from someone who is already in this business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.