Just got back from a trip from china.
Some of you may have flown overseas before. I have. Let me tell you the trips to Nicaraugua and the Phillipines were not the best for conducting business. There were times when I wanted to do research on potential clients in the area, Find contact information for a company, pull up emails, translate things, manage social media for my business, ect. All which become increasingly difficult over a two week period of time.
Then it hit me. Why not have a smartphone that I could rent that would work overseas? I get all the internet data I want to use for emailing, reasearch, translating things on the fly and I get the reliability and resourcefulness of a smartphone without having to pay the $5/min call data or $30/ MB data fees.
The business model would work as follows.
A business person/ traveler going overseas could rent a smartphone from our website www.rentsmartphones.omc ( not real website/ not my website). They put in a credit card number and a phone gets sent to their house before the trip. They use the phone on their trip and place it in a nice return package and send it back when they get back from their trip.
They would pay to rent the phone a non-refundable $40. Then it is $20 a day after that. They would also pay the shipping cost another $10. There is also an insurance policy that says if they lose the smart phone it will charge them the cost of part of the phone.
So it's like $50 to rent a phone plus $20 a day unlimited data. the average rental is 5 days.
The phones cost me $500 bucks or so.
Therefore if a phone is rented 5 times I would make ($50 deposit x 5average rentals) + (5days x $20 x 5 avg rentals)
=$750 bucks minus my 500 bucks of initial cost and other overhead I'm probably in the hole still like 500 bucks because of other overhead costs.
But I think there is a business here. Especially since someone could put kiosks up at airports to get travelers smartphones that they could rent.
Need: 5
Entry:1 I think there is nothing patentable here and someone can swoop in and take over
Scalability: 5 super scalable
Take it if you guys want too.
Some of you may have flown overseas before. I have. Let me tell you the trips to Nicaraugua and the Phillipines were not the best for conducting business. There were times when I wanted to do research on potential clients in the area, Find contact information for a company, pull up emails, translate things, manage social media for my business, ect. All which become increasingly difficult over a two week period of time.
Then it hit me. Why not have a smartphone that I could rent that would work overseas? I get all the internet data I want to use for emailing, reasearch, translating things on the fly and I get the reliability and resourcefulness of a smartphone without having to pay the $5/min call data or $30/ MB data fees.
The business model would work as follows.
A business person/ traveler going overseas could rent a smartphone from our website www.rentsmartphones.omc ( not real website/ not my website). They put in a credit card number and a phone gets sent to their house before the trip. They use the phone on their trip and place it in a nice return package and send it back when they get back from their trip.
They would pay to rent the phone a non-refundable $40. Then it is $20 a day after that. They would also pay the shipping cost another $10. There is also an insurance policy that says if they lose the smart phone it will charge them the cost of part of the phone.
So it's like $50 to rent a phone plus $20 a day unlimited data. the average rental is 5 days.
The phones cost me $500 bucks or so.
Therefore if a phone is rented 5 times I would make ($50 deposit x 5average rentals) + (5days x $20 x 5 avg rentals)
=$750 bucks minus my 500 bucks of initial cost and other overhead I'm probably in the hole still like 500 bucks because of other overhead costs.
But I think there is a business here. Especially since someone could put kiosks up at airports to get travelers smartphones that they could rent.
Need: 5
Entry:1 I think there is nothing patentable here and someone can swoop in and take over
Scalability: 5 super scalable
Take it if you guys want too.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
