The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Im 16 and I need some serious advice please help me

Hlelo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 29, 2023
i am 16 years old, i just finished highschool, i am learning about the fastlane, the millionaire fastlane truly did open my eyes as if they were closed. I noticed 100% of my family are completely following the script and are either slowlaners and sidewalkers, including my mom who is 101% subscribed to the script, my mom keeps giving financial advice on “ how to become rich and successful ” but she literally only has a job that pays less then $800 a month and she doesnt actually have a job anymore, the job somewhat was a temporary job but now it currentl just so happened that the job did not hire her back this time, now she completely relys on pensions that pays extremely little amount.

I love my family including my mom but i realized my mom is a serious and utter headwind to my path to through the fastlane. Im learning the best things to do in terms of the fastlane through TMF and when i do them, my mom always tries to fill my up with the bucket of limiting beliefs that she has filled to the brim of her own mind unto me. Which comes in the form of advice which i suppose is a direct reflection of her beliefs.

Now here is the problem, my mom now threatens me to do bad things to me if i dont listen to her ( to her advice ) and she somewhat uses the bible in a negative manner to literally try and brainwash me into manipulation me to listen to he advice on how to become successfull including financial success. Which i would guess is a bad thing because the holy bible obvi is as pure as a diamond, but then is susceptible to people to be used as a way to negatively manipulate others to do something that they know is not good. For example i dont want to live like my mom! And so basically i should not listen to her financial advice, then thats were she uses that manipula tactic to try manipulate me into LISTENING to her no matter what ( interms of financial advice and success ) which would obviously lead to the same results that she has.

So she found an internship stupid job thing for veterinarians which i found to be a random thing when based on the fastlane mindset, i told her i dont want to go but she says for 1“do it because i told you to do it!“ and 2“do it for experience to prepare me for the jobs i would have in the future!“. the internship is free and doesnt offer a pay for the job and would litterally last for F*cking 3 months and i just found it to be really random when viewed from the fastlane mindset, i am now considering literrally running to my dads house snd just continueing my fastlane process without headwind, i was thinking escaping at night at 3 a.m in the morning, what advice woukd you give me fastlaners, please help me, am i being a dumbass or is this a good choice. Please help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 26, 2023
You are still young. Not everything in your life is about business and making money. You have time.

If the internship sounds fun and you currently have no alternative of what else to do with your time, then go for it. You will gain your first experience in the job market and you can develop skills and use them to your own advantage.

The worst thing that can happen is that you realise that you hate working in a normal job and it will give you even more motivation for your journey.

Don't destroy your relationship with your mom. She loves you. If you don't want to do the internship then go and talk to her. But explain it to her. Provide her with an alternative.

You finished high school. What is your plan for the upcoming months? What skills do you want to learn and how do you want to start your journey?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Hey bud I read about 4 seconds of your post here’s my advice

You will never hear me say anything about how I can’t do X, Y or Z because of what my mom thinks.

Just remember this special rule. “Anyone who needs their mommy to agree with their ideas in order to succeed is a moron, loser, goon, dweeb, nerd, weirdo, failure, bum, etc.”

This special rule should scream loudly in your head all the time whenever you ever think about your mom’s opinions.

Then, go buy a replacement ‘enter’ button on your computer, or whatever button you press to add a new line instead of typing in one solid block of text like a Schizophrenic. Yours is broken it seems.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.