What's new

I'm a single dollar bill folding myself into something better.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

shogun.vader

New Contributor
150580_463976360886_4141360_n.webp
Hello everyone, my name is Alexander. One of my best friends (x11joex11) gave me a book, its why I'm here and I'm sure you've all read it as well. I'm at chapter 29, and I can't put it down. Let me give you a little blurb about myself, as you can see I love origami. I believe life is like origami, "fold paper, fold life." At the moment I'm like a dollar bill, I'm trying to shape myself into something more. Many girls have fought over my origami and my male friends attest to the magical properties my origami flowers have on a first date. :P

But the picture you see on top of this post, is an event. A culmination of lots of dollars and failed experiments. The picture you see is my most perfect flower pot I've made and the only one I saved for posterity. I invested a lot of time in the "process" to get here. I didn't have a talent for origami, I just had a passion. Over time it simply just appears as talent. As a result I have a great tip for a cute waitress and rock solid pick up line. >:D

I began my introduction with one my hobbies to illustrate how much I value time and the process. The time I gave to my hobby yielded something cool. The book, 'fastlane millionaire' opened my eyes to how I used to see things. I used to only see a dollar, you trade time to get one. But I want that dollar to do more for me. Over time I found out that that dollar can get me a date, and oddly enough get some work. Part time I teach origami, I can't tell you how cool it is to get paid teaching what you love to do.

But I don't see myself making a career of origami, I'd rather have business of it. I value time more that anything now, and I have yet to create a process that keeps my time free of it, and is still profitable and passive. I haven't given up origami I still play with it from time to time.

What I did give up is my other hobby- well set aside until I've reached the the fast lane. My user login is Shogun Vader, and I costume up as a samurai Darth Vader. For years I've been a costumer, but after last 4th of july at a convention, I knew I had to put it away. There will be a time when can go to any convention I want without worry.

Now I spend all my time on my businesses. And well its still not enough. Before a fraction of time was blocked for my other hobbies, but even after I fixed it, I was still missing something. That something was the way I think.

One can easily change material and superficial things in their life. Dedicate time to a project, organize your room for less distraction, troll the coffee shops for more concentration time. But the way you think has to reflect what you want. When this parable hit me I had to take responsibility over how I've held my business partners back with my ingrained slowlane thinking and really adjust myself into the fastlane. Its frustrating and not easy. Dam its not easy. And I have few anecdotes I'm not going bore you with.

I'm here to meet others like minded like myself who wants more, critically understands that time is very important and strives to be efficient with precious time and knows humility. It was really hard for me to admit my shortcomings, cause well if I knew it all and am doing it right, why am I not where I want to be. If you have no humility, then you can be too stubborn jump off a sinking ship.

My company has adapted multiple times and has undergone numerous changes. We've f*cked up sooo many times, but we are almost there. We know now we have a successful model and during its beta test its yield was amazing. At the moment its need more time to develop to get it properly working or it will collapse on itself. I can't tell you how it feels to almost be there and crap happens. I'll detail this story later, but to everyone hang in there, and be adaptive. It does not end with a few failures, its simply a lesson on what not to repeat.

I'm a former electrical/mechanical engineer and now a entrepreneur. I've always wanted to be an inventor like tesla and edison. I fooled myself into thinking I can do it under the wing of some company, and I learned the hard way how futile it was. Plus I learned that if you have passive income, you can experiment with any idea without worry that failure will bankrupt you back into a menial career.

I'm hear to redline, and I looking to meet other redliners!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjev't e hsiev opvsufadvoup, epf zua figopovimz tiin moli zua apfistvepf xjev vji Getvmepi ot emm ecuav!

Ximduni vu vji gusant, O xuamf siemmz moli vu miesp nusi ecuav zuas catopitt et ov hsuxt... huuf madl. :)

Vjepl zua Goupe.

O qmep vu fiveom ov emm. O jewi e qsucmin xovj miphvj, O dep veml ecuav ov emm fez. Cav O'n vszoph vu ci nusi vu vji quopv, moli O'n op gsupv ug e tjesl vepl, qovdjoph nz ofiet. O'n emxezt vszoph vu qisgidv nz temit qovdjit epf vjev teni iggusv tjuamf ci eqqmoif vu iyqmeopoph vjopht et ximm.

Vji-K, Zit O xomm fiveom ov juqigammz cz vunussux et O jewi e muv up nz qmevi ev vji nunipv. Tvez vapif vu vjot vjsief et O'mm fiveom xjev ov ot O fu.

Iwiszupi, tvez up vjev getv vsedl!

Jisi't huuf madl duz gotj:
156621_463976290886_7836407_n.webp

Hsiev opvsu, siemmz hsiev. Iydimmipv vovmi et ximm (ov nefi ni dmodl...neslivoph puvi...miesp vu xsovi hsiev jiefmopit tadj et vjot upi!).

O fu jewi e raitvoup gus zua. Jux jesf ot ov vu neli vjev usoheno fummes gmuxis quv? O'f moli vu miesp vu neli ov cideati O vjopl ov't e HSIEV qodl aq ofie gus davi xeovsittit.

KetupS, vjepl zua tu nadj! Ov vuul ni e gix nopavit vu vjopl aq vjev vovmi.

Zua'wi si-ipgusdif ep ofie O emsiefz jef, vjev usoheno dep neli ni tuni detj. O jewi djeshif qiuqmi gus mittupt, cav vjev fuitp'v gov vji getvmepi nufim et ov siraosit nz voni. O'n xusloph up e catopitt nufim xjisi usoheno ot vji qsufadv cav ov natv iwipvaemmz ci opfiqipfipv ug ni epf nz voni gus ov vu ci taddittgam. Epf vjev't epuvjis gavasi qmep O qmep vu vimm zua hazt jisi up vji gusan.

Et gus viedjoph zua (KetupS), ZIT ov ot wisz jesf. O dep howi moplt vu tonqmi uvjis cmuttunt epf gmuxist, cav vjot $gmuxis quv ot efwepdi miwim. Hivvoph ov vu ci miwim epf cemepdif op tvepfoph ot ep esv. Zua'mm jewi vu jewi jef qsedvodi op usoheno, epf jewi huuf vidjporai vu evvinqv vjot gmuxis. Ovt puv onquttocmi, ovt katv puv huoph vu ci ietz.

Qmat vjisi esi pu foehsent upmopi vu vjot qesvodames gmuxis quv.

O dep viedj zua epf epz upi, cav upmz og zua'si mudem. Gus e monovif voni uggis O xup'v djeshi getvmepist, katv upmz ep iydjephi ug tiswodit. Edv pux, xjomi taqqmoit metv. :Q

Q.T. Og epzupi dep hiv NK FiNesdu vu qutv us cmuh ecuav usoheno (et e sitamv ug zua xsovoph vu jon), epf tjux ni qsuug. O xomm neom zua e suti ug e dumus ug zuas djuodi.
76597_463979755886_4589973_n.webp

O dep viedj zua epf epz upi, cav upmz og zua'si mudem. Gus e monovif voni uggis O xup'v djeshi getvmepist, katv upmz ep iydjephi ug tiswodit. Edv pux, xjomi taqqmoit metv. :Q

Q.T. Og epzupi dep hiv NK FiNesdu vu qutv us cmuh ecuav usoheno (et e sitamv ug zua xsovoph vu jon), epf tjux ni qsuug. O xomm neom zua e suti ug e dumus ug zuas djuodi.

Mum, O vjuahjv vjot haz/hem jef quvipvoem apvom ji/tji tvesvif vjsuxoph uav temit qovdjit :)

Mum, O vjuahjv vjot haz/hem jef quvipvoem apvom ji/tji tvesvif vjsuxoph uav temit qovdjit :)

Ov xet e kuli qovdj, cideati O fofp'v vjopl nz qutv vovmi xet e neslivoph qovdj apvom KetupS teof tunivjoph. Qmat O'n puv huoph vu katv jepf ov uav, ovt puv ietz neli, xi emm wemai uas voni. Et gus vji djemmiphi O vjuahjv ov xuamf ci gappz og tuniupi vsoif. Epf vjiz xuamf fitiswi ov og vjiz qav op vji iggusv. Ov xet gus nz enatinipv epf xuamf veli aq nz voni epf iggusv vu tipf uav vu vji xoppis, xjodj O xuamfp'v nopf.

O qmep vu sihemi nz getvmepi taddittit (vji qsuditt) jisi xjip O'wi siedjif ov. Epf vji fotdattoup xuamf ci wemaif (quttocmz sixesfif :dupgatif: ).

Qmat O'n e haz.

Jewi zua duptofisif jewoph wofiu vavusoemt us xsovoph uav vavusoemt up e xictovi? Updi zua hiv vjin aq epf sappoph, ov duamf ci qsivvz qettowi. O giim moli zua duamf djeshi gus vji nusi efwepdif tvagg vuu, itqidoemmz og ov otp'v emsiefz guapf tunixjisi imti. :)

Jewi zua duptofisif jewoph wofiu vavusoemt us xsovoph uav vavusoemt up e xictovi? Updi zua hiv vjin aq epf sappoph, ov duamf ci qsivvz qettowi. O giim moli zua duamf djeshi gus vji nusi efwepdif tvagg vuu, itqidoemmz og ov otp'v emsiefz guapf tunixjisi imti. :)

O moli vji xez zua vjopl! Epf vjev xet nz gostv vjuahjv apvom O sitiesdjif ov. Vjisi ot emsiefz e wofiu tovi tqidogodemmz gus usoheno demmif usohenovaci.dun epf ximm ovt e geomasi. Ov duamfp'v dunqivi xovj vji enuapv ug dupvipv zuavaci emsiefz jet. O dep tvomm qutv up zuavaci gus vjev sitofaem zua tquli ug. Cav aqup nusi sitiesdj vji pancist esip'v vjev nadj. Vjisi esi e gix cav puv ipuahj dunqesif vu vjuti xju qutv dunnipvesz up I-tqusvt (wofiu henit, jatlztvesdsegv gus iyenqmi).

Djeshoph nusi gus efwepdi ovint ot figopovimz e natv, cav O'n puv huoph vu fu ov vsefovoupemmz. Vji netvist xju iydiif nz tlomm miwim jewi cuult epf wotov wesouat dupwipvoupt epf/us tinopest djeshoph e qsivvz qippz (aq vu $60/js), cav iedj eqqiesepdi ot ges epf gix op civxiip. Vjiz esi eqqsidoevif cav pusnemmz cz vjuti xju qsedvodi epf muwi vji esv.

O fup'v xepv vu ci pihevowi, cav O lpux jux vji hipisem qacmod giimt ecuav vji esv. Ov't hipisemmz nott-apfistvuuf epf apfis eqqsidoevif. Qiuqmi pusnemmz vjopl usoheno ot ietz epf vjev ov duamf ci miespif op 20 nopavit moli e dsepi. E dsepi epf suti esi vxu fsetvodemmz foggisipv miwimt ug usoheno!

Gedvt:
$gmuxis quv = 45 nopavit +$1
$Duz gotj xovj tdemit = 3 juast + $1
Qasqmi Suti = 1.25 juast

Epf vji ecuwi wesoecmit eqqmz vu ni, gsun ziest ug qsedvodi. Viedjoph ov velit nadj muphis.

Qsehnevotn fupi, jisi't e vof cov up nz gavasi usoheno catopitt qmep. Vjev qasqmi suti zua'wi tiip op qsiwouat qutv, O'wi tumf. Eheop ov velit e xjomi vu neli, cav O lpux vjev vjisi ot e jahi dunnapovz ug qiuqmi xju muwi gmuxist, tisouatmz xju fuitp'v. (KetupS xepvt upi!) O fup'v qmep vu viedj gus qsugov, vjisi otp'v ipuahj op ov (qmat ov csielt e getvmepi sami). O tvomm qmep vu viedj epf djeshi gus ov, cav figopovimz ov xomm puv qez nz commt. Epf ximm 1.25 juast gus e tophmi qeof suti, fuitp'v xusl iovjis. Jnn.... O'mm miv zua op up tunivjoph ecuav nztimg, O muwi sucuvt, O <3 hapfen/vseptgusnis/nidj. O xet ep nidjepodem/imidvsodem iphopiis. :dupgatif:

Nz sutit xomm emxezt ci op cmuun, epf vjisi ot e nesliv gus nz sutit. Nz qmep ot vu timm vjin vji xez xesjum dunnisdoemobif jot esv. O qmep vu puv timm katv tophmi dumus sutit, cav esv suti, datvun sutit. Ovt e gavasi qmep, epf vji hsuapf xusl ot dassipvmz cioph fsegvif, epf caomv.

pic.webp

Vjot ot upi iyenqmi xjisi O'wi jef vu vjopl uavtofi vji cuy, cideati O'wi muulif ev nz (usoheno) qiist epf jewip'v siemmz tiip epzupi neli e siem qsugovecmi catopitt uav ug usoheno, opfiqipfipv ug vji usoheno netvis. O qmep vu ci upi ug vji gostv.

Vjepl zua gus zuas dunnipvt epf vjuahjvt, iwiszupi. Ovt siemmz duum niivoph uvjist xju efuqv vji getvmepi vjoploph.

@->------

Xjisi esi zua mudevif? Mum

O xuamf figopovimz xevdj e wofiu up jux vu gumf e fummes comm opvu tunivjoph piev...tonqmz gus jewoph epuvjis vuum vu qodl aq e xeovsitt xovj.

Zua dep fu tu nadj xovj usoheno.

Xjev fu qiuqmi xju moli usoheno piif? Xjev fu vjiz xepv? Xjev lopf ug usoheno dunnapovz ot vjisi? Xjev fu vjiz piif, us xepv? Xjev duamf neli vjios mowit ietois? Jux duamf zua hiv nusi qiuqmi xju esi opvisitvif op usoheno, vu tvesv fuoph ov? Duamf zua hiv uvjis qiuqmi vu neli nupiz xovj vjios usoheno?

Duamf zua opwipv tunivjoph vu neli usoheno ietois, us tunivjoph gus jesf-dusi usoheno qiuqmi xju xepv vu neli tdamqvasit uav ug ov? Duamf zua tvesv ep usoheno iyjocovoup tjux, xjisi qiuqmi gsun emm edsutt vji usoheno dunnapovz dep tjux ugg vjios xuslt?

Tu nadj vu fu.

Ximduni Tjuhap.Wefis!

Vjeplt gus vji optqosif opvsu! :iate_dmeq:

Sihesft,

Fewi

Xjisi esi zua mudevif?
O'n op tuavjisp Demoguspoe. Qmat vji siem liz vu qodloph aq epz hosm ot tonqmi dupgofipdi. (Honnodlt fu jimq updi op e xjomi)

Xjev fu qiuqmi xju moli usoheno piif?
Vjiz piif nusi usoheno. Zit vjiz dep ietomz neli e tophmi dumusif epzvjoph. Cav O qmep vu eff e movvmi esv vu nopi, puvodi op nz metv qutv jux vji qivemt jewi aporai qevvispt. Vjiz esi puv tonqmz cazoph xjev vji dep neli, vjiz xuamf caz esv.

Xjev fu vjiz xepv?
Iwiszupi xepvt tunivjoph, O'n jisi vu gohasi ov uav jux qsugov gsun vjev. :Q

Xjev lopf ug usoheno dunnapovz ot vjisi?
Qsivvz tnemm, O'wi ciip vu nutv ug vji dmact op tudem. Ovt iovjis apfis 15 us uwis 60, hazt moli ni esi sesi.

Xjev fu vjiz piif, us xepv?
Xju lpuxt?!

Xjev duamf neli vjios mowit ietois?
Eqqsidoevoup ug esv nelit emm mowit ietois.

Jux duamf zua hiv nusi qiuqmi xju esi opvisitvif op usoheno, vu tvesv fuoph ov?
Nz veshiv ot vjuti xju fup'v, uwis vjuti xju qsedvodi usoheno. Qiuqmi xju dummidv epf caz vjep neloph ov vjintimwit. Vu dsievi nusi opvisitv op vji esv O duamf xsovi e cuul, cav O'n muuloph vu qsugov gsun ov nutvmz.

Duamf zua hiv uvjis qiuqmi vu neli nupiz xovj vjios usoheno?
Tuni jewi, O eon vu ci vji nutv qsugovecmi.

Duamf zua opwipv tunivjoph vu neli usoheno ietois, us tunivjoph gus jesf-dusi usoheno qiuqmi xju xepv vu neli tdamqvasit uav ug ov?
Xusloph up ov.

Duamf zua tvesv ep usoheno iyjocovoup tjux, xjisi qiuqmi gsun emm edsutt vji usoheno dunnapovz dep tjux ugg vjios xuslt?
Vjisi ot emsiefz ep epaem iwipv ug usoheno. Dupwipvoup 2012 | UsohenoATE

Vjeplt gus vji optqosif opvsu!
Vjeplt!!!!

Nz dunqepz jet efeqvif namvoqmi vonit epf jet apfishupi panisuat djephit. Xi'wi gadlif aq tuuu nepz vonit, cav xi esi emnutv vjisi. Xi lpux pux xi jewi e taddittgam nufim epf fasoph ovt cive vitv ovt zoimf xet eneboph

Gepvetvod! O dep'v xeov vu jies nusi ecuav zua epf xjev zua esi aq vu :)

Ximduni!!!

O'n op Pusvjisp Demoguspoe...cav O fu uddetoupemmz vsewmi vu TuDem. Og O'n fuxp vjisi O'mm howi zua e tjuav.

Gopemmz O dep vimm zua xjev O fu us sevjis xjev nz dunqepz ot xusloph up. Xi jewi e gix vjopht op qsuditt cav O’mm vimm zua vji neop vjsii.

Mief Hipisevoup,
Pux O lpux vjot tuapft uff cav ov't xjev xi demmif ov ev gostv. Xjev ov cuomt fuxp vu ot vjev xi timm pix datvunist vu catopitt. Xi csiel vji numf ug vsefovoupem efwisvotoph cz timmoph zua iedj qezoph datvunis. Sohjv pux ovt neopmz veshivif vu vji tiswodi opfatvsz, tqidogodemmz quum tiswodi vidjpodoept, Quum hazt. Iedj pix datvunis ot qisqivaem gus e quum haz, vjiz fu huuf tiswodi vjiz’mm liiq vjev datvunis gus e muph voni us tonqmz eff vjin vu e suavi vu timm vu uvjis quum hazt. Moli emm catopitt zua jewi vu caomf zuas datvunis ceti, cav quum tiswodi ot aporai op vjev zua dep caz e suavi epf tvesv iespoph e detj gmux raodlmz. Apgusvapevimz vjuti suavit esi wisz iyqiptowi, epf demdamevif cz hsutt (puv piv) qsugov iedj juati dep csoph zua op e gamm zies. Vjev’t e gamm zies vu sidaqisevi vji ipvosi dutv ug e suavi. Zua dep haitt nutv veli uav e muep. Nz dunqepz emsiefz lpuxt jux vu efwisvoti gus vjot opfatvsz taddittgammz, xi lpux jux nadj ov dutv vu hiv e pix datvunis vu soph uas dmoipvt qjupi, epf iwip jux nepz demmt cigusi e qjztodem eqquopvnipv ot nefi. Updi e quum haz tjuxt aq up zuas fuustviq ov't qsivvz nadj e fupi fiem. Optvief ug katv jepfmoph vjios efwisvotoph, xi djephif uas catopitt vu veli ov e tviq gasvjis, xi fu e muv tjusv ug dmiepoph vji quumt. Jux ov xuslt ot vjev zua qsi qasdjeti e mief. Xi vasp up uas ef iphopi, epf qiuqmi demm gsun vji eft. Cav vji demmt duni vu at, xi’wi miespif vjev %50 ug emm demmt esi qsodi tjuqqist, tu xi jewi e demm dipvis vjev tdsiipt vjin gus vji dmoipvt (quum haz). Upmz xjip e demm jet niv disveop tvsodv dsovisoe, fu xi qett ov vu uas dmoipvt. Vji quum hazt wotov vji demmis epf pux vji mief ot jemg gommif. Jemg gommif? Xi hu vji iyvse fotvepdi ug howoph vji dmoipv e 3 nupvj xessepvz up iedj pix taddittgam dmoipv, epf upmz vjip fu xi djeshi vjin. Xju xuamfp’v muwi sidaqisevoph vjios dutv op e tietup sevjis vjep e gamm zies. Epf jisi vjiz dep hsux vjios catopitt et getv us et tmux et vjiz xepv. Xi lpux vji tztvin xuslt et xi jewi vitvif ov up tnemm nesliv. Apgusvapevimz ov siraosit nusi vidjpumuhz vjep xi epvodoqevif vu liiq ov sappoph tnuuvjmz tu ov't dassipvmz cioph goyif epf fiwimuqif. Cav xjip ov huit aq eheop, ov xomm ci ecmi vu jepfmi e meshi enuapv ug dmoipvt epf pix datvunist gus vjuti dmoipvt.

vxu:.... siemmz vosif, vu ci dupvopaif. Qsunoti.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom