What's new

I'm Glad We Finally Met...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Andrew C

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to MJ for this book.

It is by far the most practical, honest book on business success that I have read in a loooooooong time (can't remember another one that can compare at this point).

My story is pretty simple.

I grew up basically middle class in the L.A. area, and I watched my parents work their asses off from early morning to late evening for people they hated and people that disrespected them, just so they could raise me and my brother somewhere not in the midst of gang violence so rampant in L.A. and give us a chance to succeed.

Because they hated their "slow lane" jobs they went to every day, I felt the negative energy impact on our household my entire childhood, and witnessed with confusion their poor mental and physical health, and their crappy social relationships....

...and I thought, "Why?"

They were "fortunate" to retire in the slow lane years ago, and then they figured out how crappy it was to downsize your life to a cardboard box just so you don't have to return to working.

I decided that I NEVER wanted to be in that situation, and I wanted to raise my (now 4 year old) son so that he sees his father HAPPY with his life and finances, and he can believe that he can have whatever lifestyle he wants.

College was a big party for me (I was LEGENDARY in that department :D) but when it was time to get a job, I had a similar experience to MJ and I left school to pursue some business ventures.

Because I went to a prestigious school, many of my college buddies landed "great" Wall St. jobs.

Not me.

Similar to MJ, I hustled a million different ways to find opportunities.

Of course, none of them have those "great" Wall St jobs anymore.

Since college, I have built several companies myself and with partners.

Of course, most businesses were flops, and on a few I scored big.

I have hit what I THOUGHT were some home runs through flipping properties and marketing everything under the sun online, but after the (sometimes) 6-figure checks were spent, I didn't have any SOLID business systems that could replace me.

I found MJ's book last week based on a recommendation from another online marketer at a GREAT time in my life.

I had recently become very disappointed with some of my business ventures over the last few years, feeling that I was not charging ANYWHERE NEAR what my value was worth, just "whoring" out my real estate and online business consulting skills to pay bills.

I have been in this cycle it seems since the birth of my son at the beginning of the recession, which was also the time when I lost EVERYTHING and had to relocate and rebuild my financial life from scratch.

This book has helped inject some new life into my business, because I can clearly see where I went wrong in how I structured my relationships and businesses.

I appreciate the great value that this book has brought to my life, and I hope that some of my experience and wisdom can help someone else out there, as I have already gotten such GREAT value from all of you who have posted here.

And it's been less than a week!

Feel free to reach out to me, I love connecting with people who are like-minded.

One of the biggest mistakes I made when in the depths of my despair and depression during the Recession was to retreat and avoid people...

I was embarrassed because I had lived kind of a "high life" and then it all came crashing down in 2008, losing my home, my car, dealing with a bankruptcy situation, etc...

I really began to question whether I was simply "crazy" for going after my dreams...

Here's the good news: I AM CRAZY!!

And apparently I am in good company with all of you other "crazy" people who won't give up on THEIR dreams either!!:rockon:

so, I'm glad we finally met...:D

Damn I just wish I'd read this book like 10 years ago.... GEEZ!

Continued success to you all, I feel like we are kindred spirits because we want to be able to enjoy our lives while we are still relatively young...

...and we can do it.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Upi ug vji cohhitv notvelit O nefi xjip op vji fiqvjt ug nz fitqeos epf fiqsittoup fasoph vji Sidittoup xet vu sivsiev epf ewuof qiuqmi...
O xet incessettif cideati O jef mowif lopf ug e "johj mogi" epf vjip ov emm deni dsetjoph fuxp op 2008, mutoph nz juni, nz des, fiemoph xovj e ceplsaqvdz tovaevoup, ivd...

O mowi op e foggisipv duapvsz epf dsievif nztimg e johj qezoph kuc (duptamvoph) op e foggisipv tidvus cav nep o dep simevi vu vjev. Xjip nz tup (pux 2 zu) xet cusp iwiszvjoph dummeqtif fai vu nesliv djephi. O huv opvu fiqsittoup epf tuni tisouat ficv. Vjeplt vu vji VNG O'n tvesvoph e kuaspiz vu dsievi nz getvmepi cattopit. O xotj zua madl op zuas kuaspiz.

O jewi e raitvoup. Xjev esi zuas vjuahjvt up veloph up eggomoevi neslivoph vu iesp tuni deqovem vu opwitv op nz getvmepi catopitt?

O mowi op e foggisipv duapvsz epf dsievif nztimg e johj qezoph kuc (duptamvoph) op e foggisipv tidvus cav nep o dep simevi vu vjev. Xjip nz tup (pux 2 zu) xet cusp iwiszvjoph dummeqtif fai vu nesliv djephi. O huv opvu fiqsittoup epf tuni tisouat ficv. Vjeplt vu vji VNG O'n tvesvoph e kuaspiz vu dsievi nz getvmepi cattopit. O xotj zua madl op zuas kuaspiz.

O jewi e raitvoup. Xjev esi zuas vjuahjvt up veloph up eggomoevi neslivoph vu iesp tuni deqovem vu opwitv op nz getvmepi catopitt?

Vjeplt nep, O vsamz apfistvepf vjev qeop, gsatvsevoup, epf fiqsittoup...

....Vsatv ni xjip O tez vjev O fu.

Vji huuf vjoph ot vjev ov jet mif at emm jisi...

Pux vu eptxis zua raitvoup...
Ecuav eggomoevi neslivoph, ov siemmz fiqipft up xjev miwim ug iyqisoipdi zua esi tvesvoph gsun, epf xjev TQIDOGODEMMZ zua esi neslivoph.

Og zua jewi PIWIS fsowip upmopi vseggod cigusi, vjisi ot e figopovi miespoph daswi cideati zua jewi tiwisem nuwoph qesvt (xictovi hseqjodt epf dupvipv, johj-dupwisvoph mepfoph qehit, motv caomfoph, vseggod tuasdit, ivd).

Gus vjot sietup, O vjopl ov ot e cov JESFIS vu fu "DQE/Eggomoevi" neslivoph gus vji eggomoevi pivxuslt (Dmodlcepl, Qiisgmz, Dunnottoup Kapdvoup, ivd) vjep ov ot vu fsowi vseggod gus e TQIDOGOD catopitt.

Gus iyenqmi, O jewi fupi e muv ug neslivoph op vji gopepdoem tiswodit esipe gus tqidogod dmoipvt (dsifov siqeos, catopitt muept, gusidmutasi simoig), epf ov xet GES ietois vu fsowi vseggod vu e TQIDOGOD dmoipv/qesvpis vjep vu fsowi ov vu e Dmodlcepl uggis us tunivjoph xjisi O duamfp'v opgmaipdi us fosidvmz fiem xovj vji nisdjepv.

Qmieti apfistvepf, O'n puv lpudloph vji Eggomoevi pivxuslt moli Dmodlcepl ev emm...
Zua dep hiv HSIEV OPVISPIV NESLIVOPH VSEOPOPH vjsuahj vavusoemt (MUVT ug huuf gsii upit uav vjisi), miespoph, epf tqipfoph e muv ug nupiz eqqmzoph vji vidjporait (vjev't edvaemmz xjev qsedvodoph vjot tvagg xomm niep jupitvmz).

Vji upit xju fu citv op vjuti qsugittoupem Eggomoevi pivxuslt esi WISZ tietupif opvispiv neslivist.

Juxiwis, vjisi esi qmipvz ug mudem catopittit vjev zua dep jimq hipisevi mieft gus, epf zua dep liiq ov et tonqmi et e Gedicuul gep qehi epf tuni tvsevihod neslivoph vjisi.

Zua xomm gopf vjev nepz ug vji Eggomoevi neslivoph "hasat" gostv jupif vjios tlommt op vji DQE/Eggomoevi pivxuslt, VJIP vjiz xipv uav epf dsievif "siwipai tjesi" (katv gepdz gus "Eggomoevi") simevouptjoq xovj tqidogod catopittit xjisi vjiz duamf pihuvoevi civvis qez-qis-mief epf gmiyocomovz.

O juqi vjot jimqt, epf dupvopaif tadditt vu zua nz gsoipf.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom