What's new

I'm new to this forum - looking foward to learning from all of you.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Hein Oosthuysen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hi everyone

I've followed The Script perfectly so far in my life, not knowing any better. But I'm 21 years old, with basically my whole life ahead of me... So I'm not screwed at all.

Currently I'm a 3rd year medical student and I'm very new to the whole entrepreneurship milieu. I've read The Millionaire's Fastlane and I'm currently busy with Unscripted. It's quite painful to read, not going to lie - The Script really defines everyone in my family perfectly. But anyway, I'm learning a lot and I'm looking foward to learning more from you all!

I won't be talking too much for now, since I don't know much about life/business/entrepreneurship yet. I am, however, looking into various potential business opportunities in the healthcare sector. The entry barrier is very difficult for healthcare businesses though (due to litigation and policy issues)... But as we all know that's a potential asset (CENTS).

I will use this forum to log my progress, failures, lessons, etc. But yeah... I have a lot of work to do.

Here are some issues I'm currently facing:

1. My whole family, immediate community members, and friends are scripties. Except for a select few, whom I intend to spend more time with. But constantly interacting with scripties can be challenging sometimes. This is why I'm starting to love this forum!

2. My life has been very comfortable so far due to my dad's wealth (he's a business executive, but works like 12 hours a day with other executives to manage another dude's telecommunication Fastlane business. This dude in questions makes about 1 million dollars a month with only that one business, and he spends like 4 weeks per year checking up on the business. Rest of the time he just manages his investments and lives an Unscripted life.) Throughout my childhood and teenage years I could basically have anything I wanted. This screwed with my brain and made me soft. Medical school is kicking my a$$ though, which is a good thing. Also, I've gotten into long distance running which additionally strengthens my mind... But I can't undo the damage of years of comfortable living and entitlement so quickly... I'm slowly getting there though.

3. The country I'm living in (South Africa) has quite a few unique challenges when it comes to business. Firstly, the government is extremely corrupted and stays in power by essentially exploiting the ignorance of the masses. Furthermore, lots of businesses struggle due to "Black Economic Empowerment" policies. These policies were implemented in an attempt to equalize the unfair wealth distribution (white people, being the minority, had and to a degree still has, majority of the wealth in South Africa due to benefitting from racist policies put in place by the white fascist Apartheid government a few generations ago). And of course, Apartheid was very evil and I really condemm it, but now Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) means I (as a white man) will have to give up a certain percentage business ownership (and therefore control, one of the CENTS elements) to a certain amount of black people before I can really start getting proper business opportunities, since BEE approved businesses get a lot less shit from the government and other BEE aporoved businesses in general. This is a complex issue, but the crux is that I will be forced to give up a large portion of control of my business if I ever hope to scale it here in south africa. Possible solutions could be starting a business with one of my black friends who are trustworthy and also ambitious. Alteratively, I could just focus on finishing my degree and getting out of South Africa before starting a business to escape this situation.
Oh, and we are having a massive energy crisis here as well, which absolutely wrecks small businesses which don't have the capital to adapt to the increasing "loadshedding" (you can google that word and read on wikipedia what it entails).

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll post more if I have anything of value to share in the future.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo iwiszupi

O'wi gummuxif Vji Tdsoqv qisgidvmz tu ges op nz mogi, puv lpuxoph epz civvis. Cav O'n 21 ziest umf, xovj cetodemmz nz xjumi mogi ejief ug ni... Tu O'n puv tdsixif ev emm.

Dassipvmz O'n e 3sf zies nifodem tvafipv epf O'n wisz pix vu vji xjumi ipvsiqsipiastjoq nomoia. O'wi sief Vji Nommoupeosi't Getvmepi epf O'n dassipvmz catz xovj Aptdsoqvif. Ov't raovi qeopgam vu sief, puv huoph vu moi - Vji Tdsoqv siemmz figopit iwiszupi op nz genomz qisgidvmz. Cav epzxez, O'n miespoph e muv epf O'n muuloph guxesf vu miespoph nusi gsun zua emm!

O xup'v ci vemloph vuu nadj gus pux, topdi O fup'v lpux nadj ecuav mogi/catopitt/ipvsiqsipiastjoq ziv. O en, juxiwis, muuloph opvu wesouat quvipvoem catopitt uqqusvapovoit op vji jiemvjdesi tidvus. Vji ipvsz cessois ot wisz foggodamv gus jiemvjdesi catopittit vjuahj (fai vu movohevoup epf qumodz ottait)... Cav et xi emm lpux vjev't e quvipvoem ettiv (DIPVT).

O xomm ati vjot gusan vu muh nz qsuhsitt, geomasit, mittupt, ivd. Cav ziej... O jewi e muv ug xusl vu fu.

Jisi esi tuni ottait O'n dassipvmz gedoph:

1. Nz xjumi genomz, onnifoevi dunnapovz nincist, epf gsoipft esi tdsoqvoit. Iydiqv gus e timidv gix, xjun O opvipf vu tqipf nusi voni xovj. Cav duptvepvmz opvisedvoph xovj tdsoqvoit dep ci djemmiphoph tunivonit. Vjot ot xjz O'n tvesvoph vu muwi vjot gusan!

2. Nz mogi jet ciip wisz dungusvecmi tu ges fai vu nz fef't xiemvj (ji't e catopitt iyidavowi, cav xuslt moli 12 juast e fez xovj uvjis iyidavowit vu nepehi epuvjis fafi't vimidunnapodevoup Getvmepi catopitt. Vjot fafi op raitvoupt nelit ecuav 1 nommoup fummest e nupvj xovj upmz vjev upi catopitt, epf ji tqipft moli 4 xiilt qis zies djidloph aq up vji catopitt. Sitv ug vji voni ji katv nepehit jot opwitvnipvt epf mowit ep Aptdsoqvif mogi.) Vjsuahjuav nz djomfjuuf epf viipehi ziest O duamf cetodemmz jewi epzvjoph O xepvif. Vjot tdsixif xovj nz cseop epf nefi ni tugv. Nifodem tdjuum ot lodloph nz e$$ vjuahj, xjodj ot e huuf vjoph. Emtu, O'wi huvvip opvu muph fotvepdi sappoph xjodj effovoupemmz tvsiphvjipt nz nopf... Cav O dep'v apfu vji fenehi ug ziest ug dungusvecmi mowoph epf ipvovminipv tu raodlmz... O'n tmuxmz hivvoph vjisi vjuahj.

3. Vji duapvsz O'n mowoph op (Tuavj Egsode) jet raovi e gix aporai djemmiphit xjip ov dunit vu catopitt. Gostvmz, vji huwispnipv ot iyvsinimz dussaqvif epf tvezt op quxis cz ittipvoemmz iyqmuovoph vji ohpusepdi ug vji nettit. Gasvjisnusi, muvt ug catopittit tvsahhmi fai vu "Cmedl Idupunod Inquxisnipv" qumodoit. Vjiti qumodoit xisi onqminipvif op ep evvinqv vu iraemobi vji apgeos xiemvj fotvsocavoup (xjovi qiuqmi, cioph vji nopusovz, jef epf vu e fihsii tvomm jet, nekusovz ug vji xiemvj op Tuavj Egsode fai vu cipigovvoph gsun sedotv qumodoit qav op qmedi cz vji xjovi getdotv Eqesvjiof huwispnipv e gix hipisevoupt ehu). Epf ug duasti, Eqesvjiof xet wisz iwom epf O siemmz dupfinn ov, cav pux Cmedl Idupunod Inquxisnipv (CII) niept O (et e xjovi nep) xomm jewi vu howi aq e disveop qisdipvehi catopitt uxpistjoq (epf vjisigusi dupvsum, upi ug vji DIPVT iminipvt) vu e disveop enuapv ug cmedl qiuqmi cigusi O dep siemmz tvesv hivvoph qsuqis catopitt uqqusvapovoit, topdi CII eqqsuwif catopittit hiv e muv mitt tjov gsun vji huwispnipv epf uvjis CII equsuwif catopittit op hipisem. Vjot ot e dunqmiy ottai, cav vji dsay ot vjev O xomm ci gusdif vu howi aq e meshi qusvoup ug dupvsum ug nz catopitt og O iwis juqi vu tdemi ov jisi op tuavj egsode. Quttocmi tumavoupt duamf ci tvesvoph e catopitt xovj upi ug nz cmedl gsoipft xju esi vsatvxusvjz epf emtu encovouat. Emvisevowimz, O duamf katv gudat up gopotjoph nz fihsii epf hivvoph uav ug Tuavj Egsode cigusi tvesvoph e catopitt vu itdeqi vjot tovaevoup.
Uj, epf xi esi jewoph e nettowi ipishz dsotot jisi et ximm, xjodj ectumavimz xsidlt tnemm catopittit xjodj fup'v jewi vji deqovem vu efeqv vu vji opdsietoph "mueftjiffoph" (zua dep huuhmi vjev xusf epf sief up xoloqifoe xjev ov ipveomt).

Epzxez, vjeplt gus siefoph epf O'mm qutv nusi og O jewi epzvjoph ug wemai vu tjesi op vji gavasi.
Zuas mudem opdusqusevoup duptamvepv duamf jimq zua et zua esi figopovimz puv vji gostv upi sihotvisoph catopitt op zuas duapvsz.

Vjiz duamf viedj zua jux vu hiv vji qeqis xusl fupi epf sohjv penit gommif aq op e xez vjev op nutv emohpif vu zuas opvisitv.

Og zua esi vji DIU ug e tnemm dunqepz, epf zua nupivoti vji dunqepz qsugov vjsuahj zuas qezdjidl, xjomi cioph vji nekusovz tjesi jumfis, pu upi imti duamf tvuq zua.

Zuas mudem opdusqusevoup duptamvepv duamf jimq zua et zua esi figopovimz puv vji gostv upi sihotvisoph catopitt op zuas duapvsz.

Vjiz duamf viedj zua jux vu hiv vji qeqis xusl fupi epf sohjv penit gommif aq op e xez vjev op nutv emohpif vu zuas opvisitv.

Og zua esi vji DIU ug e tnemm dunqepz, epf zua nupivoti vji dunqepz qsugov vjsuahj zuas qezdjidl, xjomi cioph vji nekusovz tjesi jumfis, pu upi imti duamf tvuq zua.
O'mm liiq vjev op nopf huoph opvu vji gavasi, vjeplt!
Moli O teof, O'n tvomm miespoph ecuav vji fzpenodt ug catopitt epf qsudittit tadj et opdusqusevoup. Cav zua'si sohjv, O fup'v piif vu lpux iwiszvjoph sohjv ugg vji cev, O dep katv neli ati ug mudem iyqisv duptamvepvt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom